main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Third Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 23, 2014.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    all-time cavs team gotta have world b. free.

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    make the laker's roster include meta world peace as a starter and chuckie atkins and steve nash on the bench. we good.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Chris Mihm vs. Robert Sacre as the play-in candidates for a Center roster spot.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Uncle Drew's on Team Fiction with Teen Wolf, Billy & Sidney, and maybe Shuttlesworth but **** Ray Allen. We'll go with Brendan Frasier in Bedazzled cause I had the biggest crush on Liz Hurley.

Bench is the Tune Squad

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You better recognize Grandmama for Team Fiction.

Also, Jedi Gunny - any changes for Game 7?

LloydChristmas likes this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    PG: John Stockton (34 minutes)/ Russell Westbrook (14 minutes)
    SG: Vince Carter (34 minutes)/Alvin Robertson (14 minutes)
    SF: Grant Hill (29 minutes)/ Shawn Marion (19 minutes)/ Peja Stojakovic (0 minutes)
    PF: Karl Malone (38 minutes)/ Anthony Davis (10 minutes)
    C: David Robinson (41 minutes)/ George Mikan (5 minutes)/ Arvydas Sabonis (2 minutes)

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this is it! good luck gunny.

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Fake Dick Vitale!

It's March Madness Baby! These not so diaper dandies have got one heck of a Game Seven coming up. So who will win? It's all about having the GUTS, the GLORY, the GUMPTION, the WHEREWITHAL to become LIGHTS OUT when hitting those 3-Pointers and setting up those Dipsy-Doo Dunk-a-roos here and there. I'm talking to you David Robinson and John Stockton! I'm talking to you Artis Gilmore and the Big O himself, Oscar Robertson!

I want to see hands up guarding your opponent like its no tomorrow. This game is going to be one heck of a knee-knocker. Because after that one team will be the Champion, Baby and the other will have to wonder what happened. So, be a blender, a P.T.P'er and Slam, Bam, Jam your way to the title, Baby!

tom and xblackout like this.
  10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

Simulated Live, from The Seattle Center, in Seattle, WA

Game 7

Most Excellent Hoopsters @ the blue shells

Full Box Score
    Play-by-Play

A 3-0 lead in the Finals. There's no way the blue shells could blow that, right?

They did, and that's why we had this game seven.

A 12-point lead in the fourth quarter after blowing that 3-0 lead and coming back to being on the verge of a championship. THere's no way in hell the blue shells could blow that. Right?

Five minutes and twenty-one seconds into the fourth quarter, they nearly did, as Alvin Robertson pulled Most Excellent Hoopsters to within three and made it a one-possession game.

With 19 seconds left in the game, it seemed as if they would, as David Robinson followed-up an old-fashioned three-point play with a floater to pull M.E.H. to within one.

With 11 seconds left, Karl Malone again made it a one-point game.

But, after Kevin Durant made both free throws, the Mailman couldn't deliver again. Durant was put back on the line, he made both free throws, and the blue shells put the game - and series - finally out of reach, meaning a three-pointer at the buzzer by Vince Carter did nothing to impact the outcome.

At last, after nearly blowing a 3-0 series lead. After nearly blowing a 12-point 4th quarter advantage in game seven. At last ... the blue shells are champions.

Durant's 26 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds certainly paved the way for the championship, but it was Artis Gilmore, behind a monstrous 28 point, 14 rebound, 4 block effort that was named Finals MVP. Gilmore's power on the inside helped the blue shells to an advantage on the glass (52-44, 18-12 offensive) that they used to fuel the win.

Oscar Robertson came up big with 20 points and 8 assists, and Dennis Rodman grabbed 15 rebounds in the game.

For M.E.H., David Robinson had 21 points and 7 rebounds and Karl Malone 25 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals as they came up just short.

Final Score: the blue shells 112, Most Excellent Hoopsters 110

the blue shells win the Best-of-Seven Series 4-3, and claims the championship!

Darth Tunes , tom and Point Given like this.
  11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Congrats Tom.

Good game to all, had a lot of fun.

tom and LloydChristmas like this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Yo great job tom

COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOW?!

tom likes this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    phew! great series gunny. great job hosting as always inty.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Great game from all of you. I loved this game. Fantastic.

Congrats, tom. A deserved victory. heels1785 can get you colors as your reward. And, heels, maybe 24 hours for Gunny, too, for a hard fought runner-up effort.

And, yes, the next for me is College Football.

PRENNTACULAR and tom like this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

tom Congrats! :cool:

tom likes this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'll probably sit out the college football one, but i look forward to watching it unfold.

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Glad to have gotten this far. Never thought I'd crawl back from being down 3-0.

18. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    tom is clearly the greatest simulated basketball gm of all time.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    well done, tom! and gunny! pm me with your color choices.

and hell yes to college football.