main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY The Time Has Come. . . . .

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarkLordOsirisPrime1, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Now, before I go any further, I'd like to say that I've had fun with this club over the past few years. I've met some good friends and gotten involved in things I wouldn't have otherwise done. That being said, and I know that I'm probably going to be badmouthed and criticized for what I'm about to say, the time has come for me to part ways with the club. Now, this has nothing to do with things that have happened or been said recently but has been building for about a year. When I joined this club, there were regular meetings, get togethers, and other events. Events for everyone to be involved in. Not that I'm perfect or that there's anything wrong with trooping, considering I've done my fair share of it, but the club is not what it once was. Things have changed. And its not necessarily anyone's fault in particular, and don't feel like I'm blaming you, because I'm not. It seems to have happened slowly, over time. To be truthful, I'm just no longer having fun. And if something is bringing me more stress and drama than there are positives, then I feel like its time to move on. I won't be joining any other groups or trying to set up any of my own. Lord knows I don't have the spare time for it. And I'm pretty much done with clubs. However, I think that serious thought needs to go in to what this club has become compared to what it once was. Whether purposeful or not, it has become a club of the few, not the many. And I'm sure that I've been guilty of that at times and if I have then I'm sorry. The sad thing is that this conversation has come up several times before and it was mentioned that efforts would be made to bring back some of those old events. And here we are again, with nothing really being done. I guess I don't have anything else to say, I don't want to air any specific dirty laundry, and I'm sure I've already burned all my bridges with this post. But something had to be said because nothing will change otherwise. Good-bye. For this will be my final post. This is TX-3252, aka the pimptrooper, signing off.

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Matt, I'm very sorry that you feel this way and am sad to see you go. I feel personally responsible for the lack of fun over the last year and I understand, that just trooping events each month gets kinda old without some other releases in our hobby. I hope you at least will keep an eye on our boards and maybe you will see an event coming up that you might like to attend. Good luck to you and I hope our paths cross soon. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.