main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, good point. B-127 is probably meant to be his Cybertronian name, which would suggest that the US version is a rerecording intended just for the trailer. Or they could be a mixture of sentences if Prime is a live transmission and is able to update to Bee's earth name.

("'Bumblebee'? Damn. I've been calling you 'Goldbug' for 300 years and just never got around to telling you.")

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I didn't watch the International trailer for BumbleBee because I'm already sold on this film. I have alot of faith in Travis Knight to give this film a lot of heart and a well told story with memorable characters. I mean, there's so many shades of The Iron Giant and E.T., that made me want to see this film over Aquaman. And therefore, BumbleBee will actually be a real character with a real story arc. Moreover, it's very doubtful this film with have potty humor and racial stereotypes. Can't wait to see BumbleBee.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Technically, only a small handful were ever confirmed as being dead or altered. Most of the other deaths were scripted and story boarded, but never animated. Later toy lines, comics and cartoons would contradict some of these deaths. Or outright established who did live and who did die.

One p for Kup. :p

The first film indicated that the Autobots names were often code names. Optimus indicates as much when introducing his team. It would be understandable since logically, Jazz and Bumblebee as names wouldn't make sense as they're Earth terminology.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I saw Windcharger dead, and that was the first Transformer toy I ever owned, because I remember the diecast were too expensive and the minibots were always so out of the yellow Bumblebee. I usually saw a yellow Cliffjumper or red Bumblebee. The first diecast transformer I owned was Trailbreaker. Which was disappointing because he was rarely featured in the cartoon and I don't recall him in the movie.

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, Windcharger was one of my first ones as well. I had decided that because my toy collection was really small in 86, that I would just ignore his death and the conversion of the Insecticons into the Sweeps and Cyclonus. No big loss there, as to the alternate colored Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were just expansions done by Hasbro to make the toyline look bigger than it was.

[​IMG]

The red Bumblebee would later be given a name, Volks. Brazilian and Mexican toy companies, Esterla and IGA, used those colors and additional ones for the releases in their markets. The latter toy company's designs wound up being sold in Europe in later years. As to Trailbreaker, he was another one of the story boarded victims. His body was to be seen when the Decepticons retreat from Autobot City. But in a different draft, he was scripted as surviving and staying behind with Blaster and Inferno, in order to cover the escaping Autobot shuttles. This was to explain why the 84 and 85 characters weren't seen much during the middle part of the film, like Soundwave who disappeared after the coronation scene. Actually, a lot of the 85 Autobots didn't make it into the film. Grapple and Beachcomber were the only ones besides the Dinobots, Perceptor and Blaster, to appear. Inferno's one line of dialogue was recorded, but he was never animated into the film.

As to being in the show, Trailbreaker had a number of appearances. He appeared in 31 episodes, out of 65. Having spotlighted episodes, those were fewer as they were mostly during the first 20 episodes. Afterwards, he was mostly to fill out Autobot teams when they had rotated for each episode. His last appearance was "Masquerade". As to price points, I found this interesting commercial from 1984.

An interesting price point.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Apologies for the double post. NYCC has just revealed more of wave one and some of wave two of "War For Cybertron: Siege".

Voyager Megatron.

[​IMG]

Voyager Starscream.

[​IMG]

Voyager Soundwave.

[​IMG]

Voyager but can be upgraded to Leader Shockwave.

[​IMG]

Deluxe Red Alert.

[​IMG]

Deluxe Skytread, aka Flywheels. He does not have individual robot modes like Battletrap.

[​IMG]

Deluxe Brunt.

[​IMG]

Refraktor, aka Reflector.

[​IMG]

Blowpipe.

[​IMG]

Aimless.

[​IMG]

Decepticon Air Strike Patrol, Storm Cloud and Whisper.

[​IMG]

Ravage and Laserbeak. They can fit inside Soundwave.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Dagobahsystem and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here's my ticket "stub" to the Fantham Event screening of The Transformers: The Movie.

Not much of a coincident that my seat number is "G1." :p

[​IMG]

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In some not so good news, for Hasbro.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/10/18/...ntial-for-layoffs-and-investor-lawsuit-374335

Transformers Legends, "Powered Masters".

Dai Atlas, a repaint and retool of Sky Shadow.

[​IMG]

Sonic Bomber, a repaint and retool of Misfire.

[​IMG]

Roadfire, a repaint and retool of Twin Twist.

[​IMG]

All three will be in a giftset from TakaraTomy Mall. For those who don't know, they're based on the characters from "Transformers Zone", the last G1 cartoon from Japan.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    For the reboot, please return to the 80s canon. And Frank Walker!!!

Master_Rebado likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    So is this a nod at Bumblebee being a reboot? Because I'm pretty sure was shown fighting in WW2 in the previous Bayformers installment.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It has to be a reboot of sorts. But, if it's not, no one will really care because Michael Bay didn't care about any of the continuity in his films. Each installment of his films had some kind of retcon going on.

I hope Bumblebee is a great film and launches a new direction for the franchise as (so far) it appears to be very faithful to the source material in terms of the G1 character designs.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It's not a reboot. It is a prequel to the Bay films. What the poster's tagline is referring to his how Bumblebee came to be the way he is, when the 2007 film begins.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The more the Bumblebee film can distance itself from Michael Bay's films the better off it will be.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Then there should be no Sector Seven and Bumblebee should be speaking. Alas, the only distance from Bay is that Bay's not directing.

18. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ That video was played before the Fanthom events "The Transformers: The Movie." I love how they talk about and appreciate the G1 designs. I also love the little bit of footage of Hailee Steinfeld wearing a "Hot Dog On A Stick" uniform. Such wonderful memories of the times when I was a mallrat. Despite some similarities on certain elements with the Bayformers films, I hope this is an alternate "Star Trek: Kelvin" timeline.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Auto transforming Prime

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Master_Rebado, FatBurt and HL&S like this.
  23. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Travis Knight clearly understands what the franchise is meant to be.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Which is why I'm really looking forward to Bumblebee. Unlike Bay, Knight was a fan of the franchise and therefore has respect for it and the characters.

And since Stan Bush opened the Bumblebee panel at SDCC, I'm hoping "The Touch" finds it's way into the film. I think there's a very good chance it will because of Knight and the film being set in the 80s.

25. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Only G1 figures I own are Battletrap, Flywheels, Runamuck, Punch/Counterpunch, and Submarauder. I loved the post-86 movie gimmicks.

I also have the 2008 25th Anniversary Optimus which is basically the same as the 84 model.

I really enjoyed the 2007 film so I wouldn't mind if it's just a prequel, but a reboot would be nice too. I'm on board for this film regardless.