main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Man, that's still so freaking good. There's emotion in Prime's performance. And I love how perfect Shockwave is presented. Autobots are about to launch in escape pods from a platform. Most logical solution? Destroy the platform.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Most OG 2 or so minutes of cinematic Transformer action ever put on screen. Which only serves to show how poorly crafted and handled all previous films were. Bumblebee should've been a flat out reboot.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, but the way Bumblebee ended, it was a kind of soft reboot like Days of Future Past was with the X-Men film franchise, and so the sequel or any spin off films have a freedom to go in their own directions and not tie themselves down with the Bayformers continuity.

I think this was done intentionally by Hasbro/Paramount to cash on the folks that like Bayformers and the people that didn't.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the way they've been spinning it is that they were setting things up for Bumblebee sequels/other solo films set before Bayformers 1. But, yeah, I think they're hedging their bets so that it could go either way as a reboot or prequel- thus the forced absence of Megatron, etc.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think the general movie going audience probably doesn't care. I didn't. I was just glad to get a Transformers movie that looked and felt like my childhood memories. I could care less if it fit in with continuity, rebooted it, or existed on its own.

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, This.

7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That Cybertron battle is one of the best things I've ever seen on film.
    Soundwave and Shockwave. [face_love]

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I would have paid full admission just for that sequence

9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I want a hard reboot and go back to the animation verse I grew up. The first Bay film was fun. Second sucked. And Megatron shouldn’t have been the #2 villain. They lost me with that film.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "War For Cybertron: Siege" first looks.

Leader class Jetfire.

[​IMG]

Deluxe class Mirage.

[​IMG]

Deluxe class Impactor.

[​IMG]

Commander class Omega Supreme, with Countdown.

[​IMG]

Which universe was that? There's quite a few of them. I would assume G1, but a lot of people had different ones that they grew up with.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    :eek:=P~ I need to get rich.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Omega will cost as much as the other Titan figures. So, yeah, expensive.

13. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, I happened upon the premiere with Galvatron having survived what I would later see was his apparent demise in the movie. I thought he was cool and became a casual watcher. Didn’t watch for a while and returned to find some dude named Megatron. Found him more interesting. Did some research and then watched the animated film. Became a fan.

So, for me Transformers is the original series with Optimus Prime and Megatron; the animated film; the post-film series with Rodimus Prime and Galvatron, concluding with maybe a redeemed/cured Galvatron. But the original series is best for me.

The first live action film was surprisingly good despite Frank Welker not being Megatron. Second movie had problems with the writers’ strike and I’m sorry, Megatron serves no one—except for Unicron and that’s only to live to fight another day. Quit after the second movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Ah, G1 then. You should give some of the others a shot. You'll like them.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  15. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Yeah. I hope they’re better than the movies. Well, again I loved the first one. But that was a Spielberg movie with Bay as a hired gun and he didn’t screw it up. The script was reminiscent of Jaws and C3EK, slowly leading to the shark/aliens, with conspiratorial interference. Gareth Edwards followed in similar vain with Godzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Ah, now. The first live action movie at best gets to "It's OK but has MAJOR MAJOR flaws"

The rest are just an incoherent, plot hole laden morass of ****.

Bumblebee was very good and the Cybertron elements were excellent and if they want live action Transformers to continue they need to power on down that route and ignore everything done by Bay which includes the first kinda OK film but totally ruins Megatron both visually and as a character

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Megatron was basically thrown away as a character in the Bay films

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    He was barely a character in the Bay films.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe sinister was referring to the other animated shows, not the remaining Bayformer films.

Transformers Prime would be my top recommendation. A few negligible flaws here and there, it's very much in the spirit of G1 with some of the Bayformer influences integrated in a good way, with a dash of the comic mythology drawn upon for good measure. Probably the most mature TF proper animated series we're likely to ever get.

Transformers Animated can be a mixed bag but if you get past the Teen Titans influences with the heavier focus on human supervillains and the stylized character designs, there are some great TF plotlines and concepts in the show- and, eventually, includes a lot of G1 influences.

Beast Wars might be of interest since the 3rd season 9and a couple earlier episodes) tie directly into G1 continuity. The first season and a half can be pretty rough (and the 3D animation is obviously very early), but it picks up towards the end of the 2nd season and the 3rd is pretty strong.

As was Starscream. The character with arguably the deepest mythos to draw upon outside of Prime and they barely use him and then kill him off poorly. Sigh.

20. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Oh, yeah. That’s how I understood Darth Sinister. Thanks for the info to both of you.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, I see that I missed your "I hope they’re better than the movies." line and saw the next "Well, again I loved the first one." part, my mistake.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, the other animated series are much better than the films. Plus, with "Prime" you get Peter Cullen and Frank Welker.

Coming to WFC:S, Star Convoy and "Armada" Optimus.

[​IMG]

Masterpiece Bumblebee v.2.

[​IMG]

Masterpiece Blackarachnia.

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Things I didn't know I needed in life: Shockwave, Hot Rod & Arcee jamming Immigrant Song & the Pokemon theme:

Oh, and of course, the theme to Droids:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    War For Cybertron series coming to Netflix in 2020.

The series will reportedly boast a “new animation look and style” that shows the alien robots as they’ve never been seen before in an origin story about the “Transformers” universe. Rooster Teeth will produce with Polygon Pictures handling the animation.
    FJ DeSanto (“Transformers: Titans Return,” “Transformers: Power of the Primes”) will serve as showrunner with writers including George Krstic (“Megas XLR”), Gavin Hignight (“Transformers: Cyberverse”) and Brandon Easton (“Transformers: Rescue Bots”).

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005