main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Here's a few questions:

Is it just me or is the animation technique used on TF: Cybertron extremely odd?

Also, did Megatron call Grimlock any nicknames in the episode where those dinos went Decepticon or is it just a Chinese misreading?

And does anyone have a list of all of the TF animation errors?

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, Generation 2 is not the movie and the third season. Generation 2 is where the original Generation 1 Transformers were brought back, with new painted looks. Optimus Prime and Megatron were the only ones that really got a makeover. Optimus was turned into a tanker truck with extended cab for the engine and Megatron was turned into a tank.

Generation 1 centers on Transformers produced from 1984-1991. The original groups, the Headmasters, Targetmasters, Micromasters, Pretenders and Action Masters. Then it went Generation 2. Then into Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Then Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon and Cybertron.

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I've seen parts of Armada, Energon and Cybertron. The shows... meh. But the toys are pretty cool.

And yes, I still collect Transformer toys.:-B

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I cry your pardon Sinister. I always thought it truly meant "generations" so that Gen 1 was the original characters and cartoons of Optimus and the gang with the movie leading into Gen 2 and the rule of Rodimus. In that case, I never paid attention to Gen 2, enjoyed Beast Wars but had trouble fitting it into G1 continuity, and absolutely hate the Pokemon-ification of Transformers we've seen ever since the introduction of Transformers Energon.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I will say that at least the Armada/Energon/Cybertron series is not the full-on embarassment that Robots in Disguise was.

6. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Amen!

:)

7. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Beast Wars is considered part of the Generation 1 timeline, though that starts to become clear in the second year. The Primals and Maximals are the Transformers of the far future, who went back in time to when the Autobots and the Decepticons had first crashed on Earth. In season one, Starscream's ghost appeared and caused all kinds of problems. In season two, Ravage appeared along with a few other Generation 1 characters. Including Unicron and we see Optimus Prime himself, when Optimus Primal entered the Ark.

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I gotta agree that Armada/Energon/Cybertron wasn't that bad but from what I've heard, Robots In Disguise was meant to be a parody/TF lite.

And Tai, the hologram, was so cute! ^_^

9. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    They never actually showed transformers show in Russia, but we watched bootlegged versions of the movie and the toys were really popular (though not many could afford them). My friend had a pretty good collection, like Optimus Prime and some other ones. They were like 3 feet tall and everything.

10. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    :eek:

Your friends, or the toys!?

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Aw come on! I wasn't able to watch Armada or Energon because I've a huge thing for sleeping in on weekends (They did play on Fox, right?), but I've seen several episodes of RiD and those were great! That show's the apex of TF music. Shame I can't say the same about Cybertron. Ever since RID, I couldn't stop thinking Optimus Prime every time I saw a firetruck and last year, in Chemistry, the organics part drove me nuts because I kept seeing helicopters every time octane's mentioned. Hmm I still think iso-octane kinda resembles MegaOctane in a way. However, RID did look like a parody of Beast Wars with that dragon Megatron.

With all the fanfics out there, can you all answer this question: who do you think is the bot who's most likely to get a girlfriend/boyfriend not counting any of the people who have these in the canon for each generation that you've seen?

Let's see here:

G1: lots of bots have potential, but I'd say Starscream because this one counts once as a guy in most versions and another time as a French femme, whom I can see with Skyfire.

Beast: Waspinator

RID: Sideburn since he's bound to catch a girlfriend on one of his red car chases

Cybertron: Starscream again.

12. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    [image=http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7568/optimus12vh.jpg]
    [image=http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/5563/optimus25hn.jpg]
    [image=http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/2909/optimus35ow.gif]

I just wish Lucas would stop changing his mind on what teh characters look like!11!1!!!
    It's so lame.
    It's raping my childhood.
    I-- Oops... wrong forum...!

:p

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|

Yeah, but at least with the different Primes, you know each one's a different character.

Anyone own the Masterpiece 2o anniversary Optimus Prime? I was able to get it, and damn! That thing's a sweet little piece of engineering.

14. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    President Prime is my favourite:

[image=http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~srooke/gallery/jokes/optimusprime.jpg]

15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    You see, that's where it all gained my interest, but began to get a little hokey. I loved when we learned that the Beast Wars landed in Earth past when the original Transformers were still off-line after the ARC crashed. That finally lent the series a little worthiness as a true epic. But then how do you get Unicron's floating head and the ghost of Starscream if these came after the Transformers Movie? That's where you lost me.

16. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Unicron in Beast Wars was simply an image of the person Optimus Primal feared most: Unicron. The Starscream appeared in Beast Wars before the creators thought of the concept of the Maximals and Predicons being stuck on the prehistoric Earth.

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    No! It's Starscream for President, to quote someone's sig from another forum!

18. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I read that theres supposed to be a live action movie in the works. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out, I'm just worried they'll put some annoying kid character in it.

19. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Starscream's ghost had apparently came through the same warp effect that brought the Autobots, Decepticons, Primals and Maximals to Earth's past.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Starscream's ghost 'transcended' time and space, yeah.

Starscream for president, Sil? That's impossible. He can't betray himself, after all.

Prime for president in 2008!

21. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    A friend of mine had Shockwave though it wasn't an official Transformer or something, it was called something else. I think it came from those old Tandy electronics shops or something, which was odd. It was pretty cool for him though, having a Transformer no-one else had. I vaguely remember a couple of other Transformers that weren't officially available here in the UK relelased in other forms.

22. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    My neighbor had Shockwave. I got to borrow his transformers once when I was a kid. I can't believe he let me. I mean he was at least 4 years older than me. I got them back to him in one piece though.

I had Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, two Dinobots, Soundwave, some others and those five decepticon military guys who formed a larger guy. I can't remember the name but one was a tank, a jeep, a helicopter, a jet, and the other was a transport or something. I tons of miniature transformers though. Very cool.

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay then Starscream for king of the planet! Then Prime can still be president in one country in '08.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    The Combaticons.

Blast Off-shuttle.

Brawl-tank.

Onslaught-missile trailer.

Swindle-combat 4x4 vehicle.

Vortex-helicopter.

They merged to form...[image=http://www.botcollector.com/_images/Art/Bruticus.jpg]

Bruticus!

Loved the gestalts.

25. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Ah yes gestalt giants. Scratch what I said about Starscream taking over since the election's not for a while and doesn't really concern me. I'm also supporting Cybertron Scourge is he wants to rule the planet since he's proven himself a worthy planetary ruler. Still, Starscream's teh one with Earth's cyberkey.

Anyhow, I suppose the real concern is either Soundwave or Nightscream for American Idol!