main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The TransGalactic Bus Station--Free Snack Cakes and AOL Start-Up CD-ROMS.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    PLEASE READ AND COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.

All posts in the thread must be TOS compliant and any TOS violation (baiting, flaming, spamming) WILL result in disciplinary action, i.e., ban. Additionally, this thread will be moderated for the local rules set forth here.

Social Thread Rules:

1. This social thread is part of the Fan Fiction Resource Board. It does not belong to any particular person or group of people. All users are welcome. Any concerns about the thread should be brought to the attention of a member of the moderating team.

2. This is a social thread not a chat room. IM style conversations, e.g., single word or short dependent comments, need to be moved to IM, PM, or an actual chat room.

3. Back-to-back posts and spamming will not be tolerated. If the conversation dies down do not post simply to ?up? the thread. Additionally, using this thread to increase one?s post count is also discouraged. There are no prizes for big post counts.

4. If you snark, we ban. Keep personal feuds and unfriendly comments off the board. This includes opinions about the seasonal awards programs, other users, moderators, archivists and any other topic that might provoke snarking. If you can?t say something nice, don?t say it.

5. Fanfic-related or thread-specific discussions do not belong here. Steering the conversation in the direction of a specific fic is not allowed. Posts on specific fics will be viewed as ?pimping? and will be edited/deleted from the thread by a moderator. The user will receive one warning before further disciplinary action is taken, i.e., a short term ban. DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FICs. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A PARTICULAR FIC, DO IT IN THE APPROPRIATE RESOURCE THREAD.

The rationale behind this rule is to ensure that this social thread is a welcome place for all users regardless of whose story threads they frequent. One of the chief criticisms about this thread in the past has been that it has served as a private club for a small number of authors who used it to discuss their own fics and the fics of their friends. Use of the social thread as a ?fan club? is not in the best interests of this community and simply unfair to all of the other users. Please keep comments on specific fics to the story thread, an appropriate Resource thread or PM.

6. This is not a role playing thread. E-romance, e-bickering, etc? and the drama typically associated with such activities is not permitted in the context of this thread. Users wanting to engage in this sort of activity should do so via IM, PM or in an actual chat room.

7. The general guideline for posting pictures is three per 25 posts. This is a courtesy to the people on dial-up.

8. Try to be inclusive of all users who happen to wander into the social thread (this includes newbies). Treat all users with courtesy.

Now let's the conversation rolling...

What's your favorite food to eat in bus stations/airports or driving in the car.

Mine's cookies. Warm chocolate chip airport cookies. :D

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Force Ghost star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    My favorite thing to eat in transit is actually honey-roasted cashews. Usually, though, my habit is to eat something less messy.

Hi!

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Apples! Or cookies! Or muffins! Or granola bars!

Anything really. :p I eat a lot in the car on trips because we don't make a lot of stops. A couple weeks ago I was eating salad in the car. Not a wise idea. Results are very messy. :p

Love the new title, oqi. :D

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Anything junk food is good to eat in the car. Or an apple. For some reason, a good apple always makes the car trip better. :D

Whoa! Some people got here quick!

LOVE the title.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Some people got out of class and needed something cheerful to look at. :)

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Breakfast burritos in the car don't work so well, either. :oops:

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I didn?t join the two earlier once so I thought that I would this time.

My favourite road food (Or whatever it?s called)? Well, since I usually am at the airport really early in the morning or really late at night, not to mention that I hate flying and don?t always feel so good afterwards, I can?t really eat anything then. I don?t spend much time at the buss station but when I do it?s usually a sandwich or something just as simple. When I?m going on long car drives then something simple, and if not food then some candy, just to keep awake. Cookies would be good if I actually liked cookies and could eat them.

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    And some people who are sick and don't have any voice need to find a way to talk to people. :p :)

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, nice to see a new social thread! Thanks, Oqi.[:D]

I don't eat much on the road. Too distracting for me.

Hey, Ish.

Hey, Meg and Idrelle.

Just got back from the hospital. My mother's recovering from a partial knee replacement she had yesterday and should be home Friday.

10. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    At the airport?

Those fruit smoothies they always seem to sell.

Or Wheat Thins. I [face_love] Wheat Thins.

Oh, can't forget the Cheez-its! When I go on road trips with my friends, we have this thing about bringing Cheez-its and then fighting over who gets the box.

We're dorks.

Hallo, Star_Angel! [:D] Welcome to the socializing world.

11. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Aww. Idri! Get better soon. [:D] @};-

Hey there, Star_Angel! Glad to see you here.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I'm on "vocal rest" by order of my Mum, since I have to sing two concerts this weekend and give a 50-minute presentation on Friday. So I'm not speaking on the phone.

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww, thanks Meg! [:D]

Hey Luna! Those fruit smoothies... I love fruit smoothies! Yummy!

You know something I've always wanted to try? Bubble tea! According to my sister, bubble tea is very good.

14. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Gotta have Cheez its! That's the ultimate road snack! =P~ For some reason they never taste quite as good at home as they do on the road to me.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey Megan, you owe me $5. Pay up girl! :p

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Can we extend the No RP rule to No Loan-sharking as well? ;)

17. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Depends on the time of year what my favorite food for the road is. If it's christmas/holiday season time I like party mix :D If it's any other time of year, doritos and the slow-cooked hot dogs you get at gas stations. I love those.

Really creative name, Oqi, how do you come up with those? LOL :D

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A bet isn't a loan! [face_shame_on_you] It's a financial obligation! [face_mischief] As we found out in TPM! Qui-Gon would not approve of backing out! :p

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Shall I call in the Hutts if Meg doesn't pay up, then?

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I always seem to be eating whenever I'm on a road trip. It's either that or discussing a book with my mom or discussing music with my dad. :p

21. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    I have credits... We're not on Tatooine so it's okay. They're good, I swear.

Those really good hot dogs are yummy. I don't even want to know what the ingredients are, but my word, they are delicious.

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Credits will do fine.

Ah-no they won't!

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Dang, this thread is pumping...

Hope you feel better, Idrelle.

Watching Justice League: Unlimited. Shocked at how 'mature' it is. And how incredibly awesome it is, too. The ultimate versions of the DC comic characters.

Anyone else ever see it?

24. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That's one of my all time favorite scenes in TPM :D one of the few scenes with good writing ;) Coming in at first place as my favorite is Qui melting the blast door..[face_love]

25. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Yeah, I watched it with my 11 year old brother. He's really into that stuff. I left after a couple of minutes. It's just not my bag of paper.

So, I like paper towels, but only certain brands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.