main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TransGalactic Bus Station--Free Snack Cakes and AOL Start-Up CD-ROMS.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I like tea. And coffee. And hot chocolate. Basically any warm or hot drink is good for me! I take them all. :p Except perhaps boiled water, which my mom gave me one night on a long canoe trip when we had run out of hot chocolate and were low on coffee and tea. It was... not very nice.

2. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    Did someone call for a Hutt? So much to catch up on. When traveling, I like to stop somewhere and have a slice of cheesecake so I can say I've had cheesecake in that state or city.

Jon, you already know I was a big fan of the whole DCAU, including JLU. I watched the first two seasons (what's on the DVD) on Cartoon Network, but the third season came and went while I was sans cable. :_|

VL, I can't stand tea, either. I also don't like coffee. I like my caffeine cold, sugary, and carbonated.

EDIT: And chocolate is always good, of course. =P~

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I like my caffeine cold, sugary, and carbonated.

Exactly! I don't drink coffee either. :D

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

LOL. Funnily enough, I hate any kind of pop -- with a passion. ;)

Actually, I can't drink any carbonated drinks at all (the fizz just won't go down and it feels like it's scorching my throat) and I never really did like the taste of pop. :p

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Don't like tea because someone old me I had to drink it with my pinky out...I refuse to look absurd.:p

Now Iced-tea, that's different, you have to hold that glass nice n' tight, less the condensation forces it to slip through your fingers.;)

EDIT:
    A_M:Actually, I can't drink any carbonated drinks at all (the fizz just won't go down and it feels like it's scorching my throat) and I never really did like the taste of pop.
    Idrelle said "pop". That tickles me for some reason.

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    8-}

[face_laugh]

You're silly. :p

7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I only drink it soda/pop/Coke on special occasions. I'm somewhat wimpy when it comes to caffeine and get headaches. I usually only ever have the stuff at pizza parties or something like that.

I'm a big tea girl though. Decaffeinated, usually herbal.

8. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm a caffeine fiend. I can't get enough of it. It's a tool of survival for me! :D I don't drink regular sodas, though. The sugar gives me a headache. OUCH!

Pop. Tehehe. Most people down here call it coke. And by that I mean EVERYTHING is coke. I call it soda or whatever the type of soda it is. :)

Green tea is a big thing for me. It's comforting.

Ale-- [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Gah I hate it when people call it pop. I think it's the most obnoxious sounding word there is :p I prefer calling it coke, like Meg ;) Course I'm from the south so take it with a grain of salt :p I would use the word soda over pop. Though ever since I had surgery this summer, I quit cold turkey on the stuff and haven't had but one or two in the last four months cause the carbonation bothered me when I drank it in the hospital.

10. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Yep, everything where I live is Coke.

So how is everybody else's life round here? Me? Well, after finding out that my car was totalled (two days before they said they'd have it repaired), kind of heartbroken, and just depressed.

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Don't mind me being Canadian. :p We never call it coke. Coke refers to coka cola. Always have called it pop, and probably always will. :p 8-}

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Regular old tea is nothing. You have to try good old Indian tea. Well, okay, it's more the British style, but whatever. :p Milk and a bit of sugar. And don't be fooled by the "chai" nonsense that Starbucks sells. You don't pay $4 for a cup of imitation liquid.

Airport food - pizza. All the way. Mmmmm. =P~ Drinks I refer to as "drinks." Pop and soda sound weird to me.

Sorry to hear about your car, kotorchick. [:D]

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    WooHoo! Let's hear it for the new place!!!!

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I'm a strange tea-drinker. Even when I drink tea, it's mostly raspberry.

15. kotorchick

Aug 11, 2005
    I've always prefered Constant Comment- its a blend by Bigalow with orange in it, and its awesome.

Thanks, JadeSolo.

16. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    If I had to choose between caffeine or food.
    I'd take the caffeine.

Trying to fix my 'bonus clock' and I've finally dismantled enough of it to poke around on the parts you not supposed to touch. The custodian just came in and is looking at my clock distruction activities suspiciously. yup. I'm a freak.

edit: and I can't spell

17. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I grew up in the Midwest, so it was always pop to me as well. When I lived in Texas, I would use soda or pop depending on how wicked I felt like being. [face_mischief]

18. kotorchick

Aug 11, 2005
    I had a friend who moved from North Dakota to the great South- she said pop, and the way she said it was so hilarious. It had this nasal tone.. it was just funny to us Southerners.

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    When I think of pop, I automatically start singing in my head "Pop goes the weasel!" [face_mischief]

20. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm in Texas.
    It's called soda here.

21. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I hope you'll forgive the following, but I'm in a nervous bundle right now. My father was taken to the hospital a little while ago after having a seizure. This isn't the first time he's had one, but it's the second one he's had since February. I think he's just gone for observation, and hopefully nothing more. My mother's at the hospital with him right now. I'm just waiting to hear from her what's going on. Sorry to take up the thread with this, but I'm trying to focus on something else right now to keep from going crazy.

22. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hi leiamoody! I don't usually pop in here too often but I'm glad I did tonight so I could send you loads of hugs. [:D] [:D] [:D]

My thoughts are with you! Is there anything we can do?

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Gah. Almost forgot!

Evening, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

Sucks about your cae, Allie. *Hugs*

Yeah, Drabba. I knew that. :D So cool to have all of Batman, Superman and 3 out of 4 of JL on DVD. The Cadmus arc... DAMN!

24. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Thanks. There's nothing anyone can do...at least it feels like that right now. I'm helpless in this. I can't make anything better, I couldn't have prevented it. I guess just letting me ramble is enough.

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fave seasonal drink... hot apple cider with a couple tablespoons of caramel inc cream topping. :D Mmmmmm.

Drabba, I grew up in the midwest and it's always been soda to me, but then we also have bubblers here too. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.