main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TransGalactic Bus Station--Free Snack Cakes and AOL Start-Up CD-ROMS.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I killed the thread again.

2. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    You didn't kill the board, it's just sleeping. :D

3. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Shh, you'll wake the board. And as we all know "Never tickle a sleeping dragon"! this board is as dragon-ish as they come!

J_Ro

4. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm still here if someone wants to shout random things at me.

5. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Warty Hogwarts!

6. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    I used to know that entire song by heart, and sing it randomly whenever I thought maths was getting too boring. I'm very lucky that my friends like me. [face_blush]

J_Ro

7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I know the beginning of the song because I'm writing a HHr fanfic at fanfic.net
    I should probably start writing it again. It's being a long hiatus.

8. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    Harmonizer? [face_shame_on_you]

Actually, I don't mind. Some of the best works of fanfiction I've read (in any fandom) use ships that I don't like, yet they are attractive anyway. :)

J_Ro

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    launch missiles at the Good Ship!
    Fuego!

10. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I love AUs where the main characters lose everything and then time travel/go to parallel universe to end up with a different girl.

11. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    I love AUs, period. It is fascinating to see how one little change (or sometimes, a big one) can have huge effects. Btw, the Good Ship is way more armed than we'll ever need - with ANVILS. [face_devil]

J_Ro

12. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    *taps sleeping dragon*

Are you awake?

:p

13. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    You're not going to feed them to pelicans, are you? :eek: [It was something I saw on TV the other night.]

Why would you be filling a cannon? You're not going to use it on any of us, are you? [face_worried]

"No, now go away!"

And this thread isn't dead yet, though it probably will be sometime today or tomorrow. [And double-posting will only hasten that.]

EDIT: Typing of the end of the thread, what's everyone's favorite memory of the time here? I remember when we all went out for ice cream and Billy said he was lactose intolerant, so to be mean we dumped the bucket of rocky road on his head, and he exploded! 'Kay, bye.*

EDIT 2: One of my favorite movie quotes -- "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!" (Carry on Cleo) -- topped a UK poll of comedy lines. :D [There were two Groucho lines in the top ten, but they weren't from among of my favorite Marx Brothers' quotes.]

EDIT 3: Has that line ever been used in a quote challenge here? I've used it in Buffy and Doctor Who drabbles, but not Star Wars.

EDIT 4: 9888 looks like a neat number, doesn't it? And it breaks down into five 2s, a 3, and a 103.

EDIT 5: Remember, kiddies, when you're responding to a post in this thread (or any other), only quote the relevant portion and cut out the rest. [face_shame_on_you]

EDIT: My favorite HP pairing is Mr. and Mrs. Sorting Hat. The story of how they met at the Royal Ascot is so touching. [face_clown]

*I'm not sure why I started sounding like Randy Beaman's friend Colin there. Well, yes I am. [face_mischief]

14. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Morning all![:D]

Bleeding walls, huh? [face_laugh]

Seriously though, I eagerly await the arrival of these 'awards' I got my lists half done already.

15. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    GK66: I've gotten most of mine done... no best author yet! :p Isn't that the one that should come easiest... and best all around.

Maybe I need some more coffee [face_coffee] but I'm glad I didn't put this off to the last second.

I'm just excited- this is the first year I'm going to vote... and I've itched to for ages!

16. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh, them Awards.
    I was wondering about them. Voted on them twice already, but I can't say I missed them much. *shrugs* There seemed to be so much drama always. Probaly the reason the walls bled, too, the blood of uncarefull useres....[face_skull]
    I won't start on my list until the thread for stuff is opened. I only fill in half of he categories anyway...

General comment: A short story I thought would be a only few pages has now reached 16 and I'm only about half through. Does it happen to you, too?

17. Drabba_the_Hutt

Feb 16, 2005
    Have you tried calamine lotion?

Not really. If anything, the problem I've had, drabbles aside, when going for a particular length is that I'll get everything typed out, and it'll still be short. Like if I were writing a round-robin chapter, aiming for somewhere between 2000 and 5000 words, I'd finish it and have around 1500. I didn't leave out anything I'd wanted to put in, but it'd still be short. But I don't think any moderator ever had a problem with it.

18. General_Kenobi_66

Oct 18, 2006
    I'm glad that I didn't put if off as well. I have so much trouble deciding, since I've read quite a bit of stuff. And 'Best Author' has been the toughest for me by far--How can I choose?;) I definitely need some coffee[face_tired]

I'm really excited about the whole thing--I probably need some Calamine Lotion too :p

Same here; I used to read constantly, but that urge depleted a bit when I joined:rolleyes: I've gotten back into it recently though

19. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Actually, I did break out in hives yesterday :p

Actually, I was referring to the fact hat I lurked for years and wanted to vote on my favorite stories. The irony was that, when I joined, I stopped reading so much! :oops:

Edit: What's got me stumped is best newbie... besides digging through everyone's bio's, what am I to do?!

20. Drabba_the_Hutt

Feb 16, 2005
    I had to break out of a hive once or else the bee people were going to feed me to their queen.

EDIT: You never did respond to my question about the cannon. You are going to use it on me, aren't you? :_|

21. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Drabba: [face_mischief] I would, but I hate loud noises.

Speaking of cannons... I had a friend in highschool who, for a presentation for her class, carried around a cannon shell from the Civil War in her purse. That was the heaviest purse I've ever carried.

22. General_Kenobi_66

Oct 18, 2006
    Man, I couldn't have carried that around all day:eek: She got a good workout, I'm sure :p

23. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    No, we were all playing "Look at What I Have in My Purse" and she pulls out a cannon shell. It was a great moment :p

24. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Speaking of cannons.

When I was in highschool we played the 1812 overture. Our conductor had the technical engineering class build us cannons for the piece, one was a big one we added on the last note. When we preformed it, the ball that was used to cover the cannon to make it work flew to the back of the auditorium and punched a hole in the wall right below the tech crew box. :)

I understand they all ducked when they saw it coming their way.
    :D

25. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Good morning all. how goes it. I think after 10 days, I finally learning to live with sleep depravation. I can't say it terrible, because the little Jedi only wakes up once per night. some I'm getting two halves, 3 and 3. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.