main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TransGalactic Bus Station--Free Snack Cakes and AOL Start-Up CD-ROMS.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry, leiamoody! Didn't see that.[face_worried][:D] Hope he gets better. I can sorta empathize, since my mother's in the hospital right now. But it's not as bad as a seizure for her. A simple knee operation.

2. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, waiting is so horrible - it's like being in limbo! I hope your mom calls you soon.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Do your parents live far away, leiamoody?

4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Yeah, it's the part I hate the most. Never knowing what to do, but having to try and find something to do. But I wouldn't have been much at the hospital, to be honest. My mother and I both get panicky in those places. And she's already upset enough.

No, I live with them at the moment. But my mother decided to go on ahead after the ambulance. She thought it was better that way.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yeah, BEING there isn't always the best thing, but being available can be very comforting. Mike's family seems to end up in the hospital a lot, so we've had our share of vigils. Most of the time we try to stay away unless there's a specific reason for us to be there.

I hope she calls you back soon and gives you the best possible news. The waiting is TERRIBLE. [:D]

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, hospitals aren't my favorite place either.

I'm glad your dropped in here - keeping busy is probably the best way to pass the time.

7. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    Hope the news comes back good, LM.

Living far away from my family, I'd usually only learn about major health crises after the fact. I'd call home to chat, and they'd tell me how one of them had been in the hospital for several days that week.

Jon, the worst thing about the new DVD was that the studio decided to throw on the second season (with the whole Cadmus arc) too late for the producers to make any relevant extras for it. I hear that they'll make some anyway to go with whatever else they do for the third season DVD, though it still precludes any commentary tracks.

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    They've got some commentary tracks, Drabba. But for some weird episodes, which stinks. This Little Piggy? The Return, maybe, but This Little Piggy?

9. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Thanks. I hope it's like the other times he went to the hospital after seizures. He had epilepsy, so this is something we've been dealing with for years, obviously. Most of the time, he's in there for a few hours, gets an examination, and gets the okay to go home and rest for a few days. It's just that this seizure was unusual, because he had it while he was asleep. That's never happened before. And it's the second one he's had this year. There's been a lot of stress because he was laid off last year and forced into early retirement. Money's been tight, and he's been worried about that, and that's probably what contributed to this one.

I don't know, it's all been a mess lately. [face_plain]

It's the only thing that helps pass the time in stressful situations. Some people can take charge...others just go numb. I'm trying to do a job application right now, just because it forces me to focus entirely on something else.

Thanks. :) And your family almost sounds like mine...that's always been the way it's worked with my relatives, even when they live close by. :\

10. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Of course... I've been gone for a couple hours and WHAMMO! I've been waiting around for this! [face_dancing]

My favorite road food- anything that has chocolate :p

Okay, and here goes my mood rater...

Hair: [face_skull]
    Nails: Coco Madmoiselle by Chanel... what remains of it, that is.
    Mood: :) and [face_mischief]

11. Drabba_the_Hutt

Feb 16, 2005
    That's what I mean. Those are both from the first 13 episodes. When the producers started prepping extras, the two seasons were going to be released separately. Then the studio opted to throw in the second as well (still calling it all the first season), not giving them time to put commentaries on any arc eps. If the producers do follow through on their promise to make some extras related to those, they still can't do commentaries on "Question Authority" or "Epilogue" (for example), for the obvious reason. On the third season eps, sure.

EDIT: I want to know if next month's Pinky and the Brain DVD set will have "You Said a Mouseful" on it.

12. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Small update: I just got a call from my mother. My father's conscious now, and so far he's doing better. He can remember everything except actually having the seizure (since he was asleep, that's understandable). He's well enough that he's cracking jokes and getting the nurses and the doctors laughing. (He's got a really great way with people...which he didn't pass on to his daughter. :p). So for now, it looks like the worst is over. They're doing some more tests just to make sure it wasn't something other than an epileptic seizure that he had. Otherwise, he'll probably be home in a few hours. :D

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, AnakinsFavorite. Nice to see you. :)

Those were two seasons, Drabba? I didn't know that...:eek: Seriously, I didn't. *Sigh* I would've killed for a commentary on Epilogue. That episode was... no words, really.

Well, I'm off. See yah all tomorrow and have a good one.

14. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Thank goodness! [face_dancing] My prayers shall be with your dad. Sounds like mine :rolleyes: I unfortunatly inherited his stupid sense of humor...

15. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    *pops in* Did I hear someone say "Pinky and the Brain"? I loved that show when it was on, and was really dissapointed when they took it off. In fact, my nickname in camp was "Pinky", though it was also for other reasons.

leiamoody, I hope your dad gets better quickly. I also know what it's like to have a parent in the hospital.

Edit: spelling

16. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    NARP! ZONK! BANG, ZOOM, RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

17. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    That's good to hear, Leiamoody.

:)

18. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    NARP! ZONK! BANG, ZOOM, RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

*snickers* So what are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?

Same thing we do every night Pinky - try and take over the world!

19. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    AND THEIR PINKY, PINKY, PINKY AND THE BRAIN BRAIN BRAIN, BRAIN!

DUHDUHDUHDUHDUH- DUH DUH!

Edit: Okay, now that I've killed the thread, I'm out.
    Oh, and hi Striker! :) I didn't see your comment until a moment ago!

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh, Pinky and the Brain!

Something that I've never actually seen before. 8-}

Ugh... I hate being sick for two days straight and missing school. It completely messes up my scheduale. Agh. Tomorrow's going to be horrible. Two major tests and a presentation. Blah.

22. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I don't think you killed the thread Anakins_Favorite. But it's nice to know someone else still remembers the good old cartoons.

To DarthIshtar: Some of the things Pinky said to that were really funny. Unfortunately, I don't have anything witty at the moment to add otherwise I would.

23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    *Arrives on the bus*

Hello everyone!

I loved Pinky and the Brain!

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, here's one:

Yes, but who would want to Pierce Brosnan?

25. Drabba_the_Hutt

Feb 16, 2005
    I think so, Brain, but it's a miracle that this one grew back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.