main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The TransGalactic Bus Station--Free Snack Cakes and AOL Start-Up CD-ROMS.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Speaking of Easter, I've been thinking of going to church tomorrow evening. Its been a while since a attended a Good Friday service. There is something to be said for the Lord's suffering before His resurrection. I grew Episcopalian, but the church I attend now does not have Holy Week services, except Resurrection Sunday.

2. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Back for a sec.

I much prefer peanut M&Ms AF. I dislike peanut butter:eek:

Anyway, hey JTurtle, Brodiew, and bye again everyone :D

Edit: We have now officially broken 10,000 posts. The end of this thread is near:_| But soon we'll have a new one with a new catchy title. :D

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, now I wonder why in Germany it is called 'Gründonnerstag' which translates as green-Thursday.
    I think there's a part I don't get.

4. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Oh, I make sure to never miss it! Hubby is going to be a doctor and everything, but sometimes I wonder.

The first time was the best. Hubby had forgotten to cover him up while leaning over to get a bottle of lotion. Not only did Aiden get himself, but the mirror on the vanity... and my husband.

Now, Edward claims that he didn't shriek... but I don't believe him ;)

Well, long and short of it... he nearly gave Aiden a heart attack. He'd been fussing (hates baths) but all of the sudden became deathly rigid with his eyes and mouth wide open.

I was left with a sobbing baby while hubby went to get another bath. He's getting better and hasn't shrieked since [face_laugh]

brodiew: I want to go but have to work. If I could, I'd go both days and the one Saturday night.

GK66: I can't see what's next... has to be great!

5. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    So, another social thread reaches its

[image=http://adam.gillitt.com/archives/end.jpg]

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Green Thursday MsLanna? Now that is strange...[face_thinking] I too wonder what the significance of that is. Pretty cool name btw 'Gründonnerstaf' :D loooove differ languages!

Wow about the baby bit being rigid :( poor lil feller! I can't recall if Duncan liked baths...I don't remember having probs with him but that's been 12 yrs ago [face_laugh] a lil tooo long to remember. hehehe

I have to work tomorrow too :( Don't think I've been able to attend a Good Friday sermon since I graduated High School and joined the military :(

Hope folks' rest of the day goes well since this will end and a new one will be born! Can't wait too! :D

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I used to go to church four times during Holy Week; Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun.

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Ack, typo. It should have been Gründonnerstag.:oops:
    Maybe something to do with colour-symbolism. But I know little about that, and even less when it's supposed to be Chrisitan colours.

9. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I did too and sang in the Choir. :( It was terrible up there- I was the only one under seventy, and they used to scoop and do other terrible music no-no's. And they'd gossip [face_shame_on_you]

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ack gossiping old ladies... scary business! Choir was fun! :) I did it some but had to sorta sitt by the guys since my voice was so low :( ) [face_laugh] Sadly enough!

Oh well it's still a cool name I think MsLanna :D

Don't know if Church of Christ celebrates the Holy Week or not (not Laterday Saints CoC juz regular CoC; most folks in the church I went to with my grams were old...not very many were under the age 50) It's been too long ago and I can't recall if they do or not...

11. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    My oldest is 18 and my second turns 16 today. It is shocking. After all I am still in my20's right?;)

I must admit I dont miss the baby stage. I enjoy my children much more now that they are self reliant. We are still close. I think it is cool that when the boys are with me I can look up to them, they are both so handsome.

I took the day off of work to be with the kids, they are on spring break. My eight year old has a friend over for the day. I can hear them playing the Star Wars Lego game. What a wonderful sound.

*sighs*

It is important to teach them what is important in life.[face_laugh]
    Ugh!I bought more coffemate but then took it to work and left it! What the heck?

12. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    So two of us celebrating birthday's today, Happy Birthday to yours!

I love Lego Star Wars, I play it with my son! We are eagerly waiting for the price of the II one to go down!

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    One of the things I loved most about homeschooling was how close it brought me to my children. Even now, as teenagers, I'm still very close to them. They're very open and honest with me (sometimes TOO open and honest, LOL) but I know a lot of that comes from us spending so much time together all those years I taught them at home. :)

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    How does one go about homeschooling? How does it reflect officially? How long (up until what grade) can you homeschool a kid?

My aunt did most of hers, but her health got so bad that she couldn't continue it. I was juz curious because of all the crap that goes on in schools now days (well around here anyways) I'm prob gonna try to homeschool this one (well once it's born and of age of course [face_laugh]) I was juz curious at what and how you go about doing it?

obsessedwithSW that sucks about the coffemate! And cool that you got a munchkin who's celebrating a b'day :) that's two so far on the thread who's munchkin is having a b'day :D

15. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    :eek: :eek: For the life of me, I cannot find one of my earrings. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?! [face_mischief]

16. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm thinking 10,015 posts? How the heck did I miss that!

Say goodnight Edna.

Expect the next social thread...soonish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.