main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events The Trial of Lady Belligerent and Ananta Chetan

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Dec 9, 2018.

?

What will be the result of this case?

1. Lady Belligerent alone will be found Guilty

15.2%
  2. Ananta Chetan alone will be found Guilty

9.1%
  3. Both Lady Belligerent and Ananta Chetan will be found Guilty

24.2%
  4. Neither Lady Belligerent nor Ananta Chetan will be found Guilty

36.4%
  5. Wait a second, Addie will be found Guilty!?!

15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Looks up

Your Honours!!! I find these constant 'cookie based distractions' un necessary and disruptive. Not to mention I have serious concerns about the contents of the cookies!!! :eek:

@Bardan_Jusik @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Dagobahsystem, Ava G., Sarge and 4 others like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m more interested in 321’s revelations about your conduct, Master Durron, I must say. Do you deny the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Wait, this is still going on? I thought we locked this weeks ago with a verdict of...

**is handed a folded piece of flimsi by an aide, and after reading it nods once**

Never mind, carry on. Now...what about these delicious home baked cookies?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *threads fingers*

You must appreciate how difficult this is for the Court. To have the Padawan of one of the accused evidence that the accuser is the culprit provides an inherent weakness to any judgment the Court makes either way. It opens our decision to Appeal and it is our responsibility to enter an absolute judgment against a defendant...

*picks his gavel up from the desk and toys with it*

There is an argument to be made that this is a mistrial... and as such all three of you could be released...

... and equally there is an argument to be made for your arrest, Master Darron, and a new prosecution team requested, if the Community intends to continue the prosecution against Master Chetan and Dark Lady Bellorum without you leading the same.

@Bardan_Jusik, I would hear your thoughts on this.

@Adalia-Durron, @Ananta Chetan, @Lady Belligerent.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wait!! [face_talk_hand]

Who called @ConservativeJedi321 and asked him to speak? I know I didn't!!! And as far as I understood, I was asking the questions. I asked for him to be named, nothing more. Why did his so called evidence even get presented or heard at all. This is all hearsay and inadmissible evidence. I would be inclined to think you @Sinrebirth are suffering a case of Bias here and are not seeing things on an even keel.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    **hoards as many cookies as possible**

I say we just declare everyone guilty, including the prosecution, ban them, and call it a day.

**hoards more cookies**

Well shab, Lady Adalia raises an excellent procedural point, I'd have to go back and examine the transcript to see if she is right, but if she is and CJ321 has not been called then his evidence is out of order. Of course the defense can always call him when it is their turn.

**grabs another cookie and shrugs**

I still like my idea of just declaring them all guilty.

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I asked for 321, actually, in my prerogative as judge. Some time ago admittedly, but I did.

I’d be quite uncomfortable ordering your arrest, my old friend. But rest assured my bias will not interfere to defend nor harm you.

I would hand the decision to my fellow Judge.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Allow me some time then to review what went on during my latest nap. I shall render a decision shortly.

**Takes one last cookie**

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Don't believe you...........not for a split second.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I assure you, nonetheless. I would only arrest you if it was my last possible choice I had to resolve this heinous crime. *smiles politely*

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Very well, I've reviewed the necessary transcripts and yes indeed, CJ321 was subpoenaed by Justice Sinre and made his necessary appearance. Now while his testimony may have revealed the occurrence of another crime (allegedly at the hands of Lady Adalia) that is a matter for another trial potentially, not this one.

Granted, if the defense can present evidence that it was that incident that caused the disappearance of the rodent, then it might prove exculpatory and Lady Adalia would have to be arrested and put on trial.

However I see no reason why the testimony given should be cause for mistrial at this time, nor lead to the the immediate arrest of Lady Adalia and appointment of new counsel. If however, this court finds that this prosecution was simply an effort to cover up her own crimes, then the issue will be revisited and I assure you that in that case Lady Adalia will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Now, proceed with your witness, I have more napping to do.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    OOC: MJ looks so.... normal there.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Master @Ananta Chetan

Have you ever, in the course of your travels, taken a squirrel anywhere in a box. Yes or no will suffice.

Mostlymad and Khalia Octa like this.
  16. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Yes. Those little varmints travel well in such contraptions. I believe we even delivered Nuts to you via a box, not that you would remember, of course.

As for your attempts to try to curtail and control our replies and creative expression here...for now, let's just say, that several contacts have offered to share intel pertaining to your 'pet care habits'.

DarthIshyZ and Mostlymad like this.
  17. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011

*pops a kernel of chocolate glazed popcorn in her mouth* Oh, really? Do tell. o_O[face_batting]

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

You know, I was trying to establish that you had been influenced by Dark Forces and that the cookies were 'laced',...........therefore absolving you. But you seem to have chosen your path.........

19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Expectations…Great ones, or A Tale of Two Squirrels?

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was before the dark times, it was JJ dy-no-mite Good Times, it was Sean Penn Fast Times, it was Jim Croce’s bottling of it, or Marty McFly traveling back into it, but most of all, it was, and is, perhaps...

This thread contains extreme satire. Reader discretion advised.

Reflection inspired by my legal counsel.
    @Sarge

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    End of the Jedi?! But... but... think of the children, man!

THINK!... of the CHILDREN!!!!

21. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Oo, such threats. I believe someone is taking a step into the dark. [face_devil] :p

22. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I just realized. The last name of the person testifying now starts with "Cheat." [face_thinking]

23. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @DarthIshyZ The Baliff's tablet receives a follow-up message containing photographs of the storage closet and complicated CSI charts. "Dental records and fingerprints match those found on scene. Scans of DNA in hair follicles and saliva show higher than average midichlorian trails. It's def a Force-sensitive squirrel named Nuts Windu."

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  24. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    :eek:
    A scuffle? Could Nuts have come to a sticky end?

* Takes Bailiff's tablet and reads further * [face_thinking]

25. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Who could have done this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.