main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The True Sith Empire** Lords of the First Sith Order- We deal in absolutes.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WookieeRage, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth zizaiz

darth zizaiz Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2018
    I just want you guys to know that , I'm not gone , and I read everthing , but don't answer because I usually don't know anything about the subject in hand , in the starwars fan hierarchy , I'm the closest thing to a fledgling.

I'll watch out for any subject of which I'm not completely ignorant or in case I'm summoned.

Just a notice.

Enviado desde mi AX1075 mediante Tapatalk

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, have you considered asking any of us for clarification? We’d be more than happy to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. darth zizaiz

Jan 1, 2018
    I just think that , when you are talking about cuisine or dogs , music , etc , I should just keep quiet , however, if you say so , Whenever you are discussing star wars lore or things alike , I'll ask.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    So, what did everyone think of Rey's heritage? Personally, I liked it.

5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    What is it about non-Star Wars subjects that make you anxious?

darth zizaiz likes this.
  6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    * Writes a prescription and hands it to him *
    "Watch all Star Wars movies this weekend and post a question"

7. darth zizaiz

Jan 1, 2018
    They don't make me anxious as much as they feel like why I'm here , and I feel ignorant , because I am , I didn't come here to learn of things from the 3 trilogies , I came here to learn about the legends lore , I guess that is apocryphal knowledge now , but it's an absolutely inmense pack of lore and I want to learn all of it piece by piece , thing is , there are few youtubers that delve deep into the expanded universe , much less complete videos on specific topics like the diferent sith lords mentioned in the KOTOR games or sith artifacts , or things like that , so I thought that I should come to this forum.

I hope that settles my interests.

But one last PD cuestion

Are the KOTOR games part of the new canon?

8. darth zizaiz

Jan 1, 2018
    They don't make me anxious as much as they feel like why I'm here , and I feel ignorant , because I am , I didn't come here to learn of things from the 3 trilogies , I came here to learn about the legends lore , I guess that is apocryphal knowledge now , but it's an absolutely inmense pack of lore and I want to learn all of it piece by piece , thing is , there are few youtubers that delve deep into the expanded universe , much less complete videos on specific topics like the diferent sith lords mentioned in the KOTOR games or sith artifacts , or things like that , so I thought that I should come to this forum.

I hope that settles my interests.

But one last PD cuestion:

Are the KOTOR games part of the new canon?

Extra thing:
    To @PCCViking
    I personally enjoyed the twist , it was a surprise , and I did not see it coming at all , still felt a bit dissapointed with her choice regarding that matter at the end of the movie.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  9. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    By Episode 9 I've just become unfortunately jaded to new canon, so a solid.. "Ok..".

The memes have been great though lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I have questions about the movies even after seeing them a billion times. I recall a few years back asking in the OT forum if Luke now owned a moisture farm. That's been somewhat answered after Ep IX, but the answer at the time was that he'd sold it to (I think) Wedge.

11. StudentoftheSith

StudentoftheSith Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    How goes things here?

PCCViking likes this.
  12. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's a little slow tonight. [face_devil]

(Shining reference)

13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Was watching the Chiefs game, they won!!!

Preparing to watch Packers with family.

Dagobahsystem and PCCViking like this.
  14. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Hope the 49ers win.

I pick Chiefs over 49ers for the bowl.

Nehru_Amidala and PCCViking like this.
  15. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Alright, here's a random question for everyone. If you could have one canon/legends species appear in live action, whether it be in a movie or tv show, what would it be and why?

16. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    It would be nice to see more Clawdites.

Their species is interesting and they would fit well in the Mandalorian or Kenobi shows, imo.

Shapeshifting bounty hunters are cool.

17. darth zizaiz

Jan 1, 2018
    Hey guys , I thought about what question I should post here to get some discussion and I thought , since I watched a shadiversity vídeo and he metioned it , I thought I should ask.

What do you think of the new trilogy's sword fighting?

After comparing the prequel's duels to the whole last trilogy's , gotta say , prequel duels are in my opinion superior to anything in the sequel trilogy.

But do give me your opinion guys , that's why I posted this.

Silvertough and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  18. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Liked simply due to the shadiversity mention haha.

As much as I like the flashiness of the prequels, that's really all they are, flashy. If you really break down the choreography of the fights, you can see some of their attacks are made simply to be blocked, if you know what I mean. (Even though it's my favorite movie fight, the duel between obi-wan, qui gon, and maul is especially bad at this).

The OT on the other hand is much more focused, with strikes looking like they carry more weight and purpose. That being said, they can look a little blander in comparison to the prequels. Of course, this was because Lucas originally wanted lightsabers to act heavy, and duels to look like top-level Kendo sparring.

For the most part, I've thought the sequels found a nice middle ground between the two styles.. in theory. I've always found Kylo's dueling style to be unfortunately lackluster. He was formally trained in lightsaber combat by at least one master, but yet when he fights another lightsaber user, he always seems to be just slightly better. There's a little too much wild flailing in my opinion, but then, I'm just an armchair lightsaber duelist, so what do I know? Lol

19. darth zizaiz

Jan 1, 2018
    I don't know if they look blander , but to me they looked more brutal , as in , the non that good kind of brutal , the characters fight without discipline , they rely on their weight and sheer strength to fight , and that's , uhh , unswordsman like ,like you said for example , kylo , master thicc sith lord who was trained by luke skywalker , swiiiiiiiings , and smashes with his saber like he tries to break his opponent's guard by crushing it with his sheer power , and it feels like he shouldn't.

The prequels in my opinion were choreographed as hell , but in the fight on mustafar and on the obi wan - maul battle , I found that to be a good thing , and you can see that these guys have trained for years or decades even , it's flashy , and it has it's awful telegraphed strikes sometimes, but for most of the time it's coherent and flashy at the same time , I watched the 1 hour long analysis of the mustafar fight in shad's channel , and for the most part it's awesome , it feels disciplined , you can feel that these people have fought together for a long time and that they're professionals.

As I said before , in my opinion the obi wan - maul fight (post qui gon's death because that had quite a bit of telegraphing) is either entirely untelegraphed or almost completely so (except for the end when obi wan chops maul in half while he just stands there like a dumbass) , and you can see skill in both fighters , and when , it comes to mustafar , sometimes when they telegraph (which thankfully they don't really do much) or aim for each other's blade you get the feeling that the telegraphing is to reengage their enemies easly as a way to tire them much like aiming for each other's sabers would also be a way to accomplish that , then you can say that they are getting tired and that the telegraphing is a result of that , you can explain it with whatever you like most or just dismiss it as bad , but at least (and I know I'm kicking the last jedi while it's on the ground) there's no dissapearing daggers or blunt sheer strength use without punishment.

However as you yourself said
    I'm just an armchair lightsaber duelist ,so what do I know?

Silvertough likes this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Two great quesions!
    Less species-specific, more general. I would like to see some non-humanoid characters. I chose Ithorian because of that. Yet I love the species being used in the NST III by @darthbernael. Neti? That is awesome. The snot vampire is good, too, but, like me has two arms, two legs. I believe someone in the Grey RPG had a really off-the-wall character, but I think, mainly because of its diet.

It's just fun to get outside of the standard body-type and explore it.

They're more grounded, IMO. I agree with the PT flashy criticism. I've always disliked Yoda's buzzing bee style. Ya got this guy on a walking stick suddenly flipping and flying. Boomer, OK.

That being said, ANH was just... slow. What happened guys? Last movie you both were doing acrobatics, now nothing?

I think the ST was to lightsaber combat what Rocky V was to boxing. Less rules, more street fighting. It's NBA vs a playground pickup game.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yuuzhan Vong,

22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Talon Karrde and Mara Jade

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...yes, definitely! That would be my pick as well. [face_devil]

24. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
    I would love a Disney+ series or even a movie about the relationship between Quinlan Vos and Assaj Ventress. It is one of my favorite stories of all time, and part of the reason why I chose my name. Would make for some interesting new topics, such as it being somewhat of a romance-type of Star Wars.

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    True. And it can explain why he didn't offer his fellow Jedi a ride off of Tattooine.

But, seriously, they could do the book as a mini-series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.