main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The True Sith Empire** Lords of the First Sith Order- We deal in absolutes.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WookieeRage, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I also agree with this conclusion.

But I am still left with a question, despite the rarity of the Dyad.

Is it comprised of a Light and Dark pair? Light and Light pair? or Dark and Dark pair? Or does it simply need to be Male and Female?

When the Emperor 'recognized' that a Force Dyad stood before him, were Kylo and Rey a Dark and Light pair or a Light and Light pair?

I am curious as to the vagaries involved.

*bows to the Emperor.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    * Listening intently to the Dyad discussion *
    Or a pair of Grey, @greyjedi125? She was light with dark tendencies. He was dark, converted back to the light.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    *Scrubs up rest of blood from Obsidian slab*

Taking a scroll of crimson paper, I begin writing down notes from the conversation between The Emperor and the Dark Lords. This Dyad discussion is most intriguing.

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

I'm replaying this and trying to dissect it objectively. Hmmmm.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It seems Palpatine’s Plan C was always to drain them if they opposed him. But when he finds a Dyad he goes all in. Plan A was Rey as his host; Plan B was Ben. Indeed all of TROS is his typical throne room gambit played on the galactic stage...

... as much as TLJ involves the selfsame gambit with zero consequences for Palpatine if he loses, thanks to his proxy. Indeed Ben slaying Snoke proves his worthiness as a Sith.

The Dyad similarly helps to explain Rey’s prodigy level; even the skills she absorbs from Ben after he mind dives into her - and she into him. I postulate that Snoke bridging them accelerated that process, and it took on a life of its own thereafter.

Canon has revealed that the Sith were periodically ruled by Two, similarly. Which fits Legends to be fair. Darth Revan, Rivan, Bane - all eschewed the Rule of Two. Indeed old old old Legends (15 years ago old) had two Sith continue the tradition after Traya falls.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Bows low to the Emperor*

Triumvirate and Supreme Commander 1151550[/URL]]@Sinrebirth , may I ask a query on this matter?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This has been quite the conversation to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Which brings up the question: did Palpatine intend to take over Luke's body in ROTJ? "Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete."

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Bows*

That is my query as well, was Sidious actually able to possess Rey, Ben or Luke if struck down? It reminds me of Ulic Qel-Droma who became haunted by the spirits of the Sith Lords like Freedon Nadd.

10. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, Sidious did attempt to take over the body of the newborn Anakin Solo in the Dark Empire comics, so that is a possibility.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Eloquently said, my apprentice. Well done!

Since you approached this as you would a regular task and went above and beyond what I was looking for (and additionally took it upon yourself to educate one of our peons), you may have 3 prestige points.

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Politely bows*

I have theorized Sidious is either a manifesation of the Dark Side itself, “I am all the Sith!” or perhaps a Wound in the Force, capable of tormenting Force Users across space and time. My theory is based on “Dark Empire” “The Book of Sith,” other Legends like “Tales of the Jedi,” and Palpatine’s words in The Rise of Skywalker.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I will have to read your reply tomorrow. The moon is high, and morning comes early. So I bid everyone good night.

*curtsies gracefully and retired to bedchamber*

14. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Bows to Lord Graul

Thank you, my Master

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Bows low before Darth Hekate as she retires*

16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    @darthhelinith, I've been pondering something you said to me in private, that Pokemon can be likened to the Sith. I can't see it. Convince me otherwise.

Also, I note you're neck-in-neck with @darthbernael. This will be interesting. True, @HanSolo29?

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...it will indeed, Lord Serapis.

Are you suggesting a challenge? [face_thinking] [face_devil]

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A duel to the death?

Excellent idea.

Kato Sai and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    A duel to the death? The reason I've stayed alive so long is my ability to avoid those!

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Fine, how about this.

A duel for your life? Where the other party forfeits theirs?

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Possibly. But not a duel. Last time we had one of those, Helinith broke her toe IRL. Lets talk in private.

22. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    The lengths to which I go... [face_whistling][face_laugh]

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I am currently breaking many bones in my duel. *Limps* Curse those infernal Reeks.

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Dueling in The Pit is a right of passage around here. As the saying goes, whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Also, being on ye olde spectrum allows for a high pain threshold...(at least for me)

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    *Bows to Darth Hekate*

I am honored by the Rite. This duel is a pennance for me not finishing my last one with Darth Ravenous when I was a Jedi. My constant endeavor is to regain the honor I lost. I shall oneday need to make recompense to 1435459[/URL]]@Silvertough as well. Jena'tes Buti Valia [Dark Side be willing].

————————

I wanted to pay tribute and honor to Lord Sidious on the anniversary of his birth!

When its your birthday and you’re the Emperor:

[​IMG]

Ian McDiarmid is 75 Years Old!

As I said elsewhere, “The Dark Side is truly a pathway to longevity.” :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.