main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The True Sith Empire** Lords of the First Sith Order- We deal in absolutes.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WookieeRage, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Are you a peon @Kato Sai? Your signature does not indicate this.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    As far as I know I am not a Peon.

I merely am responding to the TAG.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    According to the latest roster list, you are a peon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Thank you my Master. Bows

Indeed, my Lord. In my estimation Ruin’s mistake was a complete dismissal of his underlings very existence. Focusing on oneself, on improving oneself does not require this attitude of even giving them the smallest semblance of their existence. As such if one interprets the creed of Ruin as its creator did then I think it is not only a failure and stands in opposition to the Sith code.

Take the first line for instance. ‘There is no passion…only obsession” stands in contrast to the first line of the Sith code ‘…there is only passion’. This well, this stands as a direct argument against how many Sith have come to understand the dark side of the force, one of passion. Can obsession be used to enhance one’s dark side abilities? Sure, if one wants to end up like Darth Nihilus. The dark side is supposed to be a tool, obsession almost always makes oneself the tool.

Taking the second line ‘There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.’ I recall a particular mentor of mine stating something along the lines that the Jedi see knowledge as gain power through knowledge where as the Sith gain knowledge through power. So, there is knowledge but begotten from power, not nonexistence and a void concept to the Sith. The second part of the line regarding conviction I have no issue with. Conviction, one’s strong intent, one’s will be vital parts of what makes a Sith, a Sith.

The third line ‘There is no purpose. There is solely will.’ Perhaps the line I could stomach the most, although that isn’t saying much. I disagree that one has ‘no purpose’ or indeed that the Sith have ‘no purpose’. What that purpose exactly is may differ depending on the Sith but usually amalgamates to something about dominating, ruling the galaxy or gaining power. The second half, again, I have no issue with. It relates to the second half of the line above, to agree that it basically restates the same thing. Although conviction conveys more a sense that one is certain about your course of action or belief is correct while will is more a general desire.

The final line ‘There is nothing... Only me.’ Is well problematic. It does not acknowledge other Sith and Darth Ruin himself took it quite literally. If one interprets it has he did it can quite easily lead one to a similar fate as himself. If one gives it the leniency of interpreting it as bending everything around oneself to your will, the dark side of the force included. Then this could lead one to being a true Sith. Using everything and anything to tools to further your own…well there is no purpose so to further your own will I suppose.

In short I do not think this is a good model for the Sith to follow, at best you’ll end up like Darth Ruin, betrayed by those beneath you and killed or at worst end up like Darth Nihilus and became consumed by the dark side of the force.

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmmm.. interesting. Most intriguing indeed.

Nehru_Amidala and DarthIshyZ like this.
  6. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    You guilt tripped Nehru for mentioning the movie Hocus Pocus close to Halloween.

On the basis of being a good Christian boy.

Even tho you're a hardcore Sith fan. No hypocrisy or lack of self-awareness going on there!

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I didn’t guilt trip Lord Hekate over Hocus Pocus, I shared my objection to the task and we have been over this many times. I even stood before the Triumvirates, pleaded my case, and was pardoned at the time.

My intent wasn’t to guilt anyone, but to make my case and I did that. I feel fundmentally misunderstood here, I guilt no one, I share my passions and views, people may agree or disagree, which I welcome.

I respectfully ask to be removed from the roster as Peon.

Please do not TAG me anymore,

May the Force Be With Us All.

8. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    You welcome an excuse to flee. Again.

Byyye

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    We need Sith peons made of stronger stuff.

10. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Boy, isn’t that the truth!

11. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    If Lavinia lived in her own family castle, this is what she'd wear when greeting you at the entrance.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Really there’s no need for the fancy titles, just call me The Scourge of God.

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    @Darth_wanderguard, Honestly, I think it'd be funny & interesting if you did take Kato Sai as your apprentice. The hostile apprentice.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's move on from flaming, shall we?

taps chin

I'm having to do research for a TAG... I cannot believe this.

chuckles drily

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I am catching up on my Clone Wars.

What sort of research?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Into Darth Malus.

Quite a narrow field.

17. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    So, who summoned me and what do I need to do? I've kind of been busy working at my new job to check in as regularly as I used to.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    May I present @Silvertough to the Circle of Lords. He has completed his rather unusual Final Trial and slaughtered his way across many timelines and places, culminating in the death of himself... several times over.

In doing so he embodies the goal of Sith to be beyond Death, and has earned the title of ‘Darth’ many times over. He is has completed his Trial, there can be no mistaking this.

And so, I present him to the Circle, and the Empire, and the Order, and I applaud him so.

@Darth_wanderguard, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @greyjedi125

applauds lightly, warmly, clearly impressed

19. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    ~applauds Silvertough~

20. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Bows to the Emperor, the Triumvirate, the assembled Lords and finally to the newly elevated Lord

Congratulations, @Silvertough, on passing the Trial and joining the Lords.

21. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Woooooot!

*blows party horns*
    Congratulations @Silvertough

22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016

Congratulations , @Silvertough

You made it!

[​IMG]

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @QueenSabe7, when the roster is updated... if you would elevate Silvertough... he shall decide it as Vyatoris, his deceased character, or as Iudex, his new character...

25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Bravo, @Silvertough! What was the most memorable part of your path?

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.