main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ***The True Sith Empire*** The Dark Side Is In Our Blood

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by HanSolo29 , Oct 5, 2021.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Naruto: Shippuden, You Season 3, Frasier...

That's kinda a wild combination of shows that have very little to do with each other lol

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Vader’s helm is just a nice tchotchke IMO. :p I don’t think he had time to really leave much of himself behind.

The Omen is another good older movie. That one scares the hell out of me. :p

@Shadowsun - is You good? It looks interesting.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Those dogs, the housekeeper death, hanging from the ledge in the house, the attack on the priest; very creepy film that had much tragedy involved with the people making it too including some near miss omens.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    If not Vader’s presence? What about vergence in the dark side? For instance Rey when she held the Sith dagger in TROS said “horrible things have been done with this.”

darthbernael likes this.
  5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes!! @Dagobahsystem ! I love reading up on stuff like that. Those involved seemed to be cursed. :( The old movie Rosemary’s Baby had things happen on the set that made it seem cursed too.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I admit I have never seen any of the Halloween films. That's something I have to fix! :p

The Haunting of Bly Manor is one I want to check out, though! It's been on my watchlist for quite a while, and considering the time of year, it's probably a good time to check it out.

7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    It is... wild. To say the least. I enjoy it, the main character is both sympathetic and a complete monster...

Season One and Two could be described as very unsettling horror but not in a traditional way

8. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, it's really spooky how in real life there were issues for the Omen cast and crew too. And Rosemary's Baby too like you said. The Dakota building entrance is filmed where there is a suicide and John Lennon is later murdered in that exact spot. And Sharon Tate has a cameo in the movie etc. Poltergeist franchise is haunted too sadly. So many deaths in the cast. Tragic.

@HanSolo29
    The original Halloween will be a fun watch as it is really well made and a classic. Part 2 continues on exactly from the events of the original although it is a bit different. Hope you enjoy seeing them someday. I don't know much about the sequels after that. I'll watch 3 since Lady B recommends. Oh, the 4th one was good.

The Haunting of Bly Manor is good. Entertaining and a pretty slow pace too and rather thoughtful. Not too scary or anything.

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Ah Naruto. My friend and I when we created our Star Wars names, choose Sasuke based on Sasuke Uchiha for his character name.

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    If he left anything, it was likely back at his castle. I have a hard time believing he would want to intentionally "leave something behind." That would be something done by someone who had really "drank the Kool-Aid." He always seemed to be a reluctant dark sider.

11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Walks in and sits down at desk, while continuing to take inventory of gifts

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree Lord Serapis, that Vader was reluctant, especially during the beginning of Order 66. However, after he lost Padme, and his offspring, I believe Vader fully committed, drank the kool aid to the dregs. All he had left was the dark side and his mentor Palpatine. What I found curious was that Palpatine revealing Luke is Vader’s son opened the door back to Anakin, back to that reluctant dark sider. Then again Vader would likely have heard the destroyer of the Death Star was Luke Skywalker. Still Sheev goes out of his way to embroil Vader emotionally, which seems imprudent. Or did Palpatine want Luke’s body for an Essence Transfer? Needing a powerful line and host to transfer his spirit into?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  13. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Speaking of horror movies, has anyone else seen Hereditary? It had me really ducked up for the longest.

@Snokers: I’m really glad to see you around! I’m sorry for not greeting you sooner. [:D]

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I haven’t seen that one. There’s a new movie I’ve seen ads for that looks good, Last Night in Soho. I’ll wait until it’s streaming though.

15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I am not a horror fan, per se. Show me a Tim Burton or LAIKA film and that will do it for me

16. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    I have seen it. An excellent horror movie, terrifying and raw in its emotion. Not for the faint of heart IMO.

The Mother reaction to her daughter's death is heart wrenching and is seared into my soul. That and much of the acting is sublime

Also, a good movie to rewatch and notice all the details once you know the mystery.

17. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Not for me, I’m afraid. I was pretty much forced to watch the entire movie in the first place, then watch the ending twice. Never again. :p
    The acting really was amazing and the atmosphere. It’s horrendous and creepy a bit slow paced that ramps up in the climax.

Horror isn’t really my genre. I do have a couple favorites, though like the Purge and the first IT movie. I liked Dracula Untold, too. I’m more of a thriller/ psychological thriller gal. :p

That being said is Psycho a thriller or horror? Both or a mix? [face_thinking]

18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Heredity left me feeling badly after watching it. It's a well made film but depressing.

Hitchcock's Psycho is a classic and contains suspense, thrills, and horror.
    One of the best in the genre imo.

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    We watched “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” when I was a senior in high school and I only liked it because Winona Ryder was in it.

Does Coraline count as horror?

20. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I still need to watch Coraline.
    I've got a copy of Corpse Bride by Tim Burton but I've not seen it either.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is great. I always loved Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, and Anthony Hopkins in that.
    And Keanu is funny as hell trying to do a British accent. He sounds like a stoned surfer lol.

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    How was “Corpse Bride”?

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I've not seen it either, but it looks good. He even called it "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" like Copolla did with Dracula. It's got Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter big surprise ha!

So there is this movie based off a kids book called Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I'm gonna give that a try and report back.

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I like horror, if it has something unique, engages my sense of fear, and psyche.

Some favorites of mine:

Alien
    Alien: Covenant
    Bird Box
    Dracula 2000
    Terminator
    Tremors
    Predator
    Predator 2

I prefer creature feature horror, where the survivors must test their resilience against some malevolent force.

25. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Predator and Alien are great. Would Terminator and Predator be horror though? I never really considered them to be so.