main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Tunnels - Shadows of the Order OOC & Resource Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Ktala, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    :cool: Oh, I could tell you some stories!

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    All right, got one up before I have to travel. Probably won't get to do anything next week or until after the holiday, but I'll be watching for developments. I have no clue what's going on; curious to see how this plays out.

EDIT: basically, don't expect to hear from me until after Christmas. :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    greyjedi125, T4M1-7 and Sarge like this.
  3. T4M1-7

T4M1-7 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2022
    Merry Christmas to my cool teammates and brilliant host, Ktala![face_dancing]

greyjedi125 and Sarge like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Only the cool teammates? I'm a little hurt. :(

I got over it.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  5. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Oh Sarge! I was including you in the cool teammates category. ^:)^

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my teammates and I hope you have a great 2023.

I'm looking forward to getting into this one. :cool:

Tami

Sarge likes this.
  6. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I would count @Sarge as one of my coolest teammates! Happy New year everyone! [face_party]

Sarge likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've been in one of my gearhead moods lately even though it's too cold to be out working on my car, so I put some more thought into Sonny's ship. None of this is at all necessary to the game and anyone can skip this if it doesn't interest you. I just decided to share it as some of your characters probably have this much common knowledge. Short version: think of the Lubed Lightning as a cross between the Millennium Falcon and a Ford Mustang. Long version begins now.

About 40 years ago Core Motor Corporation (CoMoCo) decided there was a market for a small, reasonably affordable sporty ship aimed at young impressionable hot rodders, with the possibility of additional sales as a military trainer. The designers' primary goals were above average performance for a civilian ship, good handling, appealing looks, easy upgrades, and not too expensive. With the help of a trend-setting advertising campaign, the Talon became a top seller for the year.

CoMoCo put out a widespread customer satisfaction survey among buyers and learned that most of them would like to see the Talon offered with more powerful engines and longer range. There were only a handful of complaints about the cramped living quarters and general impracticality of the design; it was never designed to be much of a practical ship anyway. Management had already decided to modify a few Talons for racing in the under 1000 CI yacht class by replacing the original Koensayr R670 powerplant with the Starswift R985. That engine was offered as an option for the updated Talon II and it was instantly the engine of choice for most buyers. Fans of the design often assert that the definitive iconic version is the Deuce Talon 985, as immortalized in the hit song Racing in the Stars by Broos Spryngstiin and the Echo Street Band.

I got a '68 Talon with a 985
    Plasma heads and a Hirst on the floor
    She's waiting tonight in the docking yard
    Outside the 7 11 store

Me and my partner Sonny built her straight out of scratch
    And he rides with me from town to town
    We only run for the money
    Got no strings attached
    We shut 'em up and then we shut 'em down

On the racing scene, the Talon did well enough to earn some more recognition. It was soon selected for a hit crime/detective holo as the vehicle of the protagonist. The chase scene through the orbital habitats of Coruscant was revolutionary holo-making in its day and had a huge influence on almost all action chase scenes to follow. CoMoCo seized the opportunity for publicity and sales by producing a special edition Boltt Talon, named for the holo's private detective character. The holostar who played Boltt, Sheev M'Kwean, bought a Talon II for himself and became a skilled competitor on the amateur racing circuit.

CoMoCo has kept the Talon in production and in development for 4 decades now. There are those who argue that later versions are too refined and efficient, losing the rawness of the older models. The Talon III is generally derided as an economy family transport masquerading as a muscle ship, and the Talon IV is widely held up as an example of what happens when too many corners are cut for cost. The Talon V and VI are more sophisticated with better handling and safety features, real improvements over the originals, but lacking in the visceral appeal of the rough and ready Deuce.

But all Talons still share the twin forward nacelles and aft cockpit of the original, and are still instantly recognizable as Talons. And CoMoCo is still pushing them off the assembly line by the thousands.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sinrebirth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Love the image Sarge, that is definitely very Ugor'ish!

Also would of been fun having a contentious relationship with you due to base rivalry - or having a fierce loyalty as a Jedi that would make us totally stick out and blow any cover we have!

10. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    OOC: My apologies, I got very ill, life threatening even.

I do not intend to ask to resume, just wanted to share why I disappeared.

May The Force Bless You

Mitth_Fisto, Sarge and greyjedi125 like this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Have been there, @Kato Sai. Hope you are recovering. Do what you have to do; RL has priority, as everyone on the boards knows (or should know). :)[:D]

Sarge, greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  12. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Oh no Kato, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope the recovery is progressing?

Tay Neir, Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Ktala, hope all is well with you. I can only speak for me, but I hope we can pick this up again whenever you're ready.

Has everyone been watching The Mandalorian? There have been some interesting visits to Coruscant, including a flashback to this game's time period. After the last episode, I've decided my character definitely needs a speeder bike. I'm working on a cunning plan to get one.

14. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Yes I'm also still around and checking regularly - hopefully - for the next update.

Tay Neir, Sarge and Mistress_Renata like this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Yup, we're all just chilling. Hope you're doing okay, @Kato Sai. [:D]

T4M1-7, Sarge and Kato Sai like this.
  16. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Awww thanks! [:D]

T4M1-7 likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Nothing new, really, just thinking about how much I was starting to enjoy this game. @Ktala and I were working on a combo that never got finished, and I decided to stitch it together and post it in the game thread anyway. I had such great plans for that character...

T4M1-7 and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I'd be happy to resume, too. Dan is a fanfic character of mine, a secondary character; I've never had a chance to give him a lead role.

T4M1-7, Sarge and greyjedi125 like this.
  19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I will try to do an update this week. If you are still interested, just let me know by a response..

T4M1-7, Sarge and greyjedi125 like this.
  20. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Aye. :)

T4M1-7 likes this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Woohoo! :D

T4M1-7 likes this.
  22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm in!

T4M1-7 and Sarge like this.
  23. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Still here. :)

Sarge likes this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Still here!

T4M1-7 and Sarge like this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Okay... GOod to hear.

I am taking off part of this week... lol... I got some ideas...hehehehehe

Mitth_Fisto, Sarge and greyjedi125 like this.