main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Twins (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bor Mullet, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Yeah, but you should have kept watching the whole scene with the Twins, because a few minutes later he tells the Twins to "Go back to Nal Hutta" ;)

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes! I knew there was a reason I thought Boba said Nal Hutta in the episode. Because…he did.

DarthFixxxer and TCF-1138 like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought it was a really well done reintroduction, it wasn't overdone or pushed their story too prematurely... it was just right and left the audience intrigued and wanting to see more as the series progresses.

4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yep the intro of the twins in my opinion has been the best thing about this series so far, it just felt like they nailed the grossness and sleaziness of the Hutts.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And here they are in their slimy glory:

[​IMG]

6. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Jibba and Jubba

theorenwulf and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They're Ewok swear words!!!

Bor Mullet and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    "what did you just say to me you jerk?"

[​IMG]

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Philip and Lillian (Phil and Lil) The Hutt

[​IMG]

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    will they be in the next episode, only 2 and a half hrs to find out!

11. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Their intro was awesome...but that was all undone this week, What a waste...

Also, did they have their slaves walk them all the way to Boba Fetts palace with a sedated Rancor and no other back up?? What the...

12. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yeah but Danny Trejo seemed to know what he was doing with the Rancor. If that is all we see of the twins, then yeah it is a waste but the series isn't over yet. I don't think we've seen the last of them, even if it isn't this season.

13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    The Twins need to survive the events of this series and provide Hutty goodness through decades of future SW programming.

Pensivia likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The twins are very Hutty indeed, but I don't think 'goodness' applies to them.

B3 likes this.
  15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Well who exemplifies Hutty goodness to you then? :p

16. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    [​IMG]

Why Geezer the Hutt, of course! Guy wants to be a musician rather than a gangster. Lovable and proof that not all Hutts are bad.

17. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Hah, yeah, the "let's get carried all the way to the palace over uneven terrain on our litter" thing seemed a little dumb to me. Like yeah, they're grade-A ****s and probably enjoy making their underlings do the physical labor, if only for ****s & giggles, but...

Yeah, save the litter thing for intimidating everyday nobodies in the city streets and making a statement, methinks. You'd figure big flat load-bearing speeders probably exist in the GFFA, some big pompous Star Wars version of Hitler's care or the Popemobile, that Hutts could be chauffered about in. The litter thing was a little lame second-time around in context, especially considering they were there to humble themselves with an apology before butting out off-world.

Also strikes me as pretty funny how little security they seemed to have in that first appearance outside the club. Unless the dudes carrying the litter are supposed to just set it down and whip out the pew-pew guns when the bosses are coming under attack. You'd kinda figure Jabba probably would have travelled around backed by like 10 hunter employees and a crudload of Gamorreans. Rivals in the criminal game might know you need to get permission from the Hutt La Cosa Nostra Commission or whatever, but nothing's stopping some crazy guy with a grudge and no sense of self-preservation from camping out somewhere ready to take a shot at 'em.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Exactly. The Twins on the litter was great and made a ton of sense as a public flex in the middle of a crowded square in Mos Espa. It was dumb and cartoonish when they show up that way at Boba’s door.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm guessing that the budget didn't allow for a more sensible mode of transport at the palace, so they just reused the litter and carriers to save money. It doesn't make any sense in-universe, and that's the only sensible explanation I can think of out-of-universe.

RetropME and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Ehh, not sure some Huttmobile CG model would eat too much into the budget really. Seems even with the new cost-cutting tech the budget for Star Wars TV eps is pretty high anyway in the scheme of things.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You just know after they left the palace the Twins had their litter carry them through the Taco Bell drive thru and then sit through a film at the drive-in cinema before joyriding to look at everyone's holiday decorations.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    With how mutch it cost to CGI i then I see why you dont have hutts as main villains. They probaly seen troughout the series.

23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    And to pay all those extras to carry them around.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I suspect it's a budget issue as well (I'm guessing much went into the rancor), or perhaps a late edit or rewrite requiring a reshoot.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This. So much this