main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The Twins (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bor Mullet, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t really see the issue with them being carried on the litter to the palace. They’re despots who make their slaves carry them everywhere. Seems realistic to me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Alternatively, their vehicle is parked out of shot.

3. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    It's more that they're there apologizing and making amends with a gift. Generally you don't go with all the pomp & ceremony "I'm awesome!" with that.

Makes total sense in town, they've just arrived and are making a show, making a point. "Hutts are here now, don't get any big ideas! Check this out, we don't even need to expend personal energy to get around!".

If you're trying to make amends with someone, you drop the theater and be real for a second. That's not even factoring in the impracticalities of the litter on that terrain anyway.

4. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I doubt the Hutt twins were introduced into the story just to be removed from the story right away. And their apology seemed far too insincere.

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t know if it will be this season but I really hope we see Nal Hutta

6. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022

Frankly, I'd be surprised if we see them again (within this show, obviously they're probably set up for a return down the line in some form, other series or film). They've screamed "smokescreen" to me since Ep2.

Really seems like the Pykes are the meat of the story here in terms of rivals, maybe with some Crimson Dawn bomb dropped in a final episode or two.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    Mostly Handless and Count Yubnub like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They likley just cameo in this show and other shows. Don't be surprised to see Diego youch them.

8. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Except it probably took days to carry them there.

Do we even know how far Jabba's/Boba's Palace is supposed to be from Mos Espa?

I always assumed its somewhere in the middle of the desert and you have to fly there or at least take a speeder, but in this show, it looks like its maybe hour walk from the city.

Boba and Fennec seem to be walking back and forth all the time. They should at least borrow some Vespas from their "gang", its embarrassing for the supposed "Crime Lord" of Tatooine to walk around like some common hobo. Even the local moister farmers use speeders.

Sarge and clone commander bossk like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Who says they carried them all the way? They could have flown to the palace and then carried them out of the ship on the litter.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    True. Though it did seem odd that they had zero guards protecting them. Did they really only have Krrsantan? What’s with all these crime lords not having any muscle? It just reads like something is missing. Perhaps it’s Covid-related.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  11. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Then they should have shown the ship. I would love to see some Hutt designed starships. This way it feels very low budget.

Feels more like they don't have the budget for it. I know they said that you need a "permission" to kill a Hutt, but its still very unrealistic. There's plenty of crazy people out there or people who may not know about the permission rule. Plus its part of showing strength. There should have been at least few guards standing around.

Sarge likes this.
  12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Some of the litter carriers could be guards in disguise.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    IT could also be that they are hutts and untouchable, if they are killed the whole hutt empire is after you.

14. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    But you're still dead [face_laugh]

Sarge and MrDarth0 like this.
  15. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Its pretty hard to pull out blaster quickly, when you have a giant litter above you that will collapse on your head the moment you stop holding it.

And what about people who don't know this or don't care? Like newbies looking to make a name for themselves or crazy people who don't care about dying. Or a "suicide by Hutt".

16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Ok, they dont need defense they just drop the hutts on top of their enemies.

Sarge and MrDarth0 like this.
  17. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022

Covid is the protection/deterrant. Hutts are natural superspreaders don'tcha know.

18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I wish we were still living in a commercial marketing environment from 15 years ago when we'd get to see The Twins in 7-Eleven ads and promotional Taco Bell menu items.

19. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    You may very well be right. I assume that this series, "The Mandalorian," as well as some of the other series currently in development are all putting pieces into place--setting up the board, as it were--for some kind of Marvel-type event thingy. And the Hutt twins could well factor into that.

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I want the Happy Meal toy.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  21. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I hope The Twins come back into the show in a big way - they are one of the only good choices that have been made! BK is also awesome

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    The Limax Variant

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Honestly kind of feels the other way around to me. The Hutts had a big flashy introduction, and are pretty distinct characters in both their mannerisms and appearance, whereas the Pykes have been more or less interchangeable so far. Plus, even when they were bowing out and giving Boba the rancor, they notably refused to give up their claim on Tatooine.

I really feel like they are coming back. Season 2 at least if there is one, but definitely at some point

I dunno, the more I think about it, the more I think Boba is actually going to defeat the Pykes pretty easily, only to get blindsided by someone else and put in a dire situation for the finale, and I think it is either going to be the twins or the mayor

24. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    That's why they felt like misdirection to me. The big flashy entrance, the "holy crap, Hutts!". That early in a series.

You get us thinking Hutts, then the Pykes slay all the Tuskens and are mounting masses of troops in Espa. Sleight of hand.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or…Crimson Dawn.