main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The UK Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 6, 2015.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I decided to go outside and focus on scaring trick or treaters and just watch the madness later. Instead I am probably going to pursue a new hobby like alcoholism.

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

I've been on and off trying that since Brexit

100% do not recommend (saying this without pisstakery)

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    We all are, quite frankly. Maybe the one that's supposed to come close on US Election Eve will actually hit us and put us all out of our collective misery.

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    'muricans, wishing for the end of the world because their country has problems :p

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Juliet, speak for yourself, then shut up.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Boris is supposed to have a press conference at 5PM with Sir Simon Stevens, chief executive of NHS England. Hope he can manage to start on or near time for this one.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The government has suffered a heavy defeat in the House of Lords over its controversial Brexit legislation.

The Internal Market Bill contains measures that overrule parts of the UK's Brexit agreement with the EU.

Peers voted overwhelmingly to remove a section of the bill that would allow ministers to break international law - by 433 votes to 165.

SOURCE: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54882088

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    We're about a week away from No Deal anyway. It's more a question of whether the government of the UK decides next year's negotiations have a point or not.

darthhelinith likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not that it matters, the Commons can ignore the Lords and this government will definitely do so.

The bigger potential moderating factor on Brexit now is Biden.

10. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    The government will add the clauses back in and vote them through this week.

It will do untold damage to our international reputation and Lord help us if they decide to use it.

Because of these clauses the EU will walk away from a deal allowing Johnson to accuse them of negotiating in bad faith and a Biden America wont deal with the UK if we have anything that puts the GFA at risk.

Johnson and his Brexit is selling us down the toilet.

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I've said this before and will say it again: Thank God for the House of Lords. Yes, the Commons can (and will) override this. But throughout these last four years of Brexit insanity, the HoL have been one of the few voices of reason.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    165 votes for breaking international law.

At least 165 lords have their priorities in order.

13. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Drool, Britannia, drool the waives.

14. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I imagine that BoJo was heartbroken when his big pal Donald lost the election across the pond. I hope that the Biden administration will be able to force the UK to protect the Good Friday Agreement by preventing a hard border. It depends how bullheaded and callous BoJo decides to be.

I really don’t see the Biden administration moving on this issue. There will have to be assurances that the GFA will be protected or there will be no trade deal. It’s rather embarrassing to be part of a country that has to be strong-armed into behaving morally.

15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Make no mistake that Biden and Harris absolutely hate Boris. A lot of that goes back to racist remarks he made about Obama, when Boris was London Mayor. Biden and Obama are close friends, and by all accounts the comments really triggered Harris as well.

Whatever happens, this is going to be a bumpy ride for Boris if he doesn't wind his neck in.

16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Harris also was seemingly upset with Biden directly harming her as a child, a la "that girl was me", so I doubt anything will stick. I mean they are buddies with war criminals, Johnson is par for the course

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Heavy rumours coming out of Downing Street (via Kuennsberg sources) that the Lee Cain brouhaha has hit a head and he has quit in the last hour over the Tory (and Carrie) protests over his proposed promotion to Chief of Staff.

Cummings is allegedly threatening to quit too

please be true

darthhelinith and CairnsTony like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cain has resigned, nothing about Cummings.

19. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Cummings is just heavy rumours so far, threats to follow Cain etc...

It's a total distraction from our 50k deaths but if Cain and Cummings go then thats a reduction of part of the leave influence in No.10 but it will mean that Johnson will be more likely to listen to other nimrods

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Cummings should have gone after taking his road trip during the first lockdown.

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, but that would've meant admitting he did something wrong.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    He won't disappear, he'll do a Farage and continue to poison politics, with all the attention granting him power without responsibility, like Farage.

darthhelinith and Mar17swgirl like this.
  24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ^ That’s more of a “I fear you’re right” like, rather than a “I like this!” like.

soitscometothis and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    He can always return to Epsilon 5.

halibut likes this.