main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Ultimate Drabble Challenge X: The Drabble Strikes Back! - Week 20 is here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Aug 8, 2022.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Back with my Week 4 for Enter the Drabble! :D

[face_mischief]

Same brainwaves! [face_tee_hee]

2. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002

YES

*announcer voice* It's Vi and v_i back again for your weekly dose angsty Sith Lords.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Week 4 is here with Jocasta Nu on a trip with her master and more X marks the spot

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Week 4 of Tangled Threads of Light is up. This week's set is inspired by...

...a Bruce Springsteen song!

[​IMG]

[face_laugh]

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You may think writing fanfic is hard but the true tribulation is wondering how to word any feedback on stories which have the word "succor" in them.

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    We appreciate and are amused by your efforts :p

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Week 4 of Tales of the Temple is up, focusing on a padawan's favourite place in the halls. Hopefully next week's ones will have prompts that help me write the Master's favourite places.

Oh and I managed to get them much closer to 100 words this time!

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Here we are with . . .

Week 5

21. Astray
    22. Temerity
    23. Nuance
    24. Duress
    25. Perception

Prolix
    Tenebrous
    Inertia

(Have fun, you angstmongers. [face_mischief] Although, you could challenge yourselves to write something light and fluffy with these prompts. I know you lot like to be contrary. ;) [face_whistling])

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  11. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Moi? [face_batting]

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

;) :p

13. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    For Week Four, I present this set of AU Kanera happy, feel-good, fix-it mush! [face_love]

14. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    [face_tee_hee]

Week 5, have some more Vader. :vader:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    There was never any doubt about whether or not you fit into that category. [face_mischief]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Week 5 is here with Jocasta Nu, meeting masters and padawans and more X marks the spot

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    It's not that I don't want to... no, it's that you'd get Top Gun if I did. Do we need another On Down Thru The Years, but with fighter jets?

18. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
  19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Another On Down Thru The Years, but with even bigger engines? I say yes. [face_batting] [face_mischief] ;)

[:D]

20. SupermassiveUbersue

SupermassiveUbersue Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2022
  21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    My mother (EyesLaughing when she actually uses a user name) thought it was a good idea, and then Mira_Jade gave her vote of confidence, as did Tarsier, Kahara, vader_incarnate, and amidalachick. If I were to ask a few other people, they'd also say yes, going by how much lurking is going on. So... we're doing this. Back story drabbles for Seeing a Trailer. I mean, I wrote the intro already, it would have been a SHAME not to use it, yeah? Yeah.

Fragmentary [Top Gun]

Edit: Week One, minus the Bonus, Posted. Will get to those. :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm glad you're going to take the plunge, @DaenaBenjen42! It would be a pity to waste that intro, after all. [face_mischief]

Hello, and welcome to the boards!

I'm happy to include your story in the index as an ad hoc addition to the challenge. It's fantastic to see inspiration strike from the prompts in any form, and we're glad that you joined in on the fun. However, if you decide to participate further in the challenge, I would recommend that you take a look at the instructions on the first page. There's an order to the prompts and a way to post your responses all together, if you plan on writing more.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. And again, welcome. :)

23. SupermassiveUbersue

SupermassiveUbersue Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2022
    Thanks for adding me, Mira_Jade!
    Hm, a second look at those rules suggests that I have a lot of writing to do... should be fun! How strict are we about the order of the week's individual word prompts?

*Edit: Silly me, failing at reading comprehension. I retract my question. :)

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    No worries, it happens to the best of us! ;)

We look forward to seeing what else you have to share with us. Welcome to the chaos! :D

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Yes. Welcome to the Chaos of the drabble challenge... some of us might even be killing ink pens, staring at them for a moment, and laughing. (Gosh, it's been a while.)