main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultimate Editions: Discussing Changes to Possible Upcoming Releases of the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Vengence, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    "Add to some of the action sequences in the OT, for example the chase from the Death Star in ANH, with CG models of the ships. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel could use with some touch-up, too."
    I agree with this especially the Obi/Vader fight.
    When i saw this I always thought Obi just dissappeared as you didn't really see Vader cut him.

2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    " I can't believe how many people don't want changes made or few changes. There are many changes that are needed to make the saga one big story."

In this hey-day of great visual effects, some imagination is definitely being lost.

Some people simply don't need to "see it" to believe it, if you know what I mean. :)

3. Juan_Tufte

Juan_Tufte Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2002
    Juan's pet peeve:

Funny how the Archival Edition won't archive the original editions. From what I'm hearing, the AE will in fact be a totally NEW edition!

4. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    I am looking forward to Jar Jar's role in the OT, and battered Naboo N-1's in the final space battle of ROTJ - just as GL intended. :D

5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I dont mean to sound stupid but what is the archival edition I have been reading this page does it mean the Final versions of the movies that will never be touched again?

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I love this topic, but I have a few questions I watch these movies all the time I was watching ep6 last night & I dont see any blobs on palpatines face? The seen where luke is with the monster needs to be fixed.

In ep4 the lightsabers are ugly and need to be fixed also.

The yoda in ep1 is not that bad neiter is the Jabba in ep4 I thought it was the same creature in ep1&6.

As far as the ep5 the "get my ship line" why do fans have a problem with that It seem ok to me is that not James earl Jones?

I cant wait til this movie is finally finished. I would love to share it with the kids.

7. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I don't mean to sound stupid but what is the archival edition I have been reading this page does it mean the Final versions of the movies that will never be touched again?

Yeah. It's supposed to be the very final edition of the OT. But the information about those archival editions isn't confirmed yet by official sources.

But there are so many reports about it from various sources, that we can't neglect it.

If you're interested, all the reports from 1999 till now are collected here.

:)

8. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    There is technically nothing wrong with the OT, and many of us are suggesting mere effects fixes, not new scenes or changes to the plot.

The stories have worked well for thirty years, and they'll continue to hold up as is. However, the way the lightsabers look in ANH, and the disappearance of ships in the trench run at the end don't make Star Wars for me, the story does.

So I say, let them fix a few effects mistakes.

9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    The added scenes I want in ANH would not change the story, it would only improve the continuity in terms of storytelling.
    Instead of just telling us that the senate has been dissolved, show it to us, the way we are shown how Palpatine increases his power in the PT. And also, let us get a glimpse of Bail, whom we will come to know in EpIII, before he dies along with his planet.

10. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Hey, Juan_Tufte!

Do you recognize my .sig? :D

11. Juan_Tufte

Juan_Tufte Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2002
    I like it, MeBeJedi!

12. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Although Ian Mcdiarmand in ESB would be nice, don't be suprised if Lucas keeps the monkey-woman. He does like to preserve the work that goes into his movies. I have doubts as to whether Ian will be in the 5th episode; and he isn't the only character that looks different from movie to movie. Yoda, Jabba, Anakin and Obi-wan have various looks throughout the saga. That doesn't mean we are going to see outrageous changes for those characters to help with continuty.

13. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    The real change that needs to be made is the fixing up of Lightsabers for the entire OT. Even ROTJ has very bad looking lightsaber effects.

14. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Anakin and Obi-Wan are a different matter. They have to use different actors there.
    Yoda and Jabba.... You can still see that it´s them, they aren´t that different, while the Emperor in TESB looks nothing like McDiarmid, who portrays him both before and after that episode. The voice is also very different.

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Show more Darth Maul and at least put Count Doolu on TPM!

16. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "Show more Darth Maul "

How far do his tatooes go? ;)

17. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    TPM Yoda and AOTC Yoda are very different.

ANH Jabba and ROJ are extremly different.

But I see what your saying. Sidious in Episode V looks like a totally different character. They should at least make him look like he does in Episode VI.

18. Darth-Vengence

Darth-Vengence Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    No no no. Why would Anakin have to look completely different from when he's in episode 2?

When you reach a certain point in your life, you basically start to stop maturing, and stay the way you look. I think Anakin is like that in episode 2.

They should replace Shaw with Christensen.

Anyone with me on this one?

19. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    well i used to think they should replace Shaw with Hayden but it probably wouldnt look right. But if GL did do it I wont be upset but I doubt it. also if or when the complete set comes out Ill buy it and sell my other Starwar dvds to mom & pop spots.

20. Darth-Vengence

Aug 16, 2002
    Why wouldn't it look right? ?[face_plain]

I mean, if they put makeup on him to make his face look really white, and put scars on his head like in ROTJ, it'll look fine.

21. Darth-Vengence

Aug 16, 2002
    Hello, anybody there?

Why wouldn't it look right for Hayden to play Anakin in ROTJ?

I think it would look more right than Sebastian playing Anakin.

He's go too much of a 70's feel to him. Hayden has that feel that, i'd actually believe that he was Luke's dad.

22. Deuspater

Deuspater Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2003
    Darth Vengeance, I agree it would look better to have Hayden Christensen inserted into ROTJ. I think the debate comes out of whether it would be disrespectful to the original actor, Sebastian Shaw, to do so. Mr. Shaw recently died, and apparently he was good actor and a very decent man.

23. Darth_Dede

Darth_Dede Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 1998
    Well, looks like most people agree on fixing those fading sabers in ANH or the Rancor scene in ROTJ. Seems such an easy thing do to even for 1995 or 96 that I wonder why it wasn't done then...

There's another little detail I'd like to mention, which is the English in those Death Stars monitors in ANH.

They could come up with some cool graphics, maybe not what has been done so far for the PT, but at least what is already there in ROTJ. Hey, it's a GFFA after all!

24. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    yeah, you're right...I hadn't thought of that yet. ;)

Um, it would be cool if they went back and put in some stuff from Obi Wan's past life in his house, like for example a holo of Qui Gon...I don't know what else could be put in that scene...but oh well :p

Change the explosion of Alderann. A laser couldn't just explode a planet in the blink of an eye. It would take some time. And it would add more drama to it. They could show some Alderann street scenes during the attack, and how frightened the people were, and the last shot would be of Bail Antilles right before the explosion. That would be cool :D

25. Darth-Vengence

Aug 16, 2002
    Do you mean Bail Organa?

Cause Bail Antilles, correct me if i'm wrong, was killed when Vader choked him to death on the Tantive IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.