main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Ultimate Hairband Songfic Challenge: New challenge posted 12/2!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Hairband_sock, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hairband_sock

Hairband_sock Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2008
    It's now time to vote. There are only two submissions for this challenge. Please PM your vote to this sock.

Thanks!

2. Hairband_sock

Mar 27, 2008
    All voting needs to be finished by Saturday.

3. Hairband_sock

Mar 27, 2008
    My Friend by earlybird obi wan!

Congratulations.

*This thread will be taking a hiatus for June because of vacations and other things like DRL. Thanks to everyone who has been participating and hopefully the next challenge will spark more interest!*

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations, earlybird-obi-wan =D= =D=

5. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Well done Early-bird! =D=

I enjoyed both stories greatly!

DANGIT, it only figures that now that I have the chance to take part in the challenge, it's gone for the month! :oops: Guess I'll just go sing some Queensryche in the corner...

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Jedi_perigrine
    Alexis_Wingstar

Thanks all [:D] and loved all the stories.:*

7. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Congrats earlybird obi wan. Great story!

8. Hairband_sock

Mar 27, 2008
    All right everybody, there's going to be a June challenge after all! Someone mentioned Queensryche; a hairier band I can't think of, so I'm running with it. This isn't just any hairband song, however... this is one of the premier tunes out there and may be tricky because it's lesser known. Your song is: Queen of the Reich, by Queensryche. Here are your
    Lyrics.

For special and completely pointless Sock points, you can visit HERE and view a masterful and amazingly cheesy video in its entirety.

The rules are going to be pretty much the same as last month:

1. Please include at least three lines from the song (note them in italic) in your story.

2. It can be any genre, any point of view and any length you see fit (I'm easy because I want the muse to strike as many people as possible). You may also write as many as you want.

3. They must be completed by June 30. That is only three weeks worth of creativity for your post, sorry for the shorter time period than last month!

Just remember to have a great time. PM me with any questions, but I'm sure you all have got the idea by now!

9. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Yay, you decided to give us a challenge this month after all! I've been thinking about participating in this for a while now but haven't had the time earlier. But now I do, and after reading those lyrics I already have a little bunny bouncing around in my mind... [face_mischief] We'll see how it turns out.

Any way, thanks for the June challenge! [:D] I like it.

10. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Oh HECK yeah. They don't call Queensryche the 'thinking man's band' for nothin! I'm so doing this one!

What's sad is I've already seen the video. It's good...really. [face_whistling]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for putting up a challenge again. I like this and I have already some ideas about it.

12. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Can't wait to start on this. Maybe something good will come to me today!

13. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    I'm almooooooooost doooooone with mine! Don't think it's going to win any awards, but it should get a few chuckles at least... :D

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Dark ideas and they resulted in this vignette about Darth Plagueis

Anakin?s nemesis

15. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I actually got bit by a bunny while I was looking at the lyrics. I love when I don't have to think about it! I'll see how much I can flesh it out...[face_thinking]

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Those lyrics might have created a bunny. [face_thinking] I'll have to see if I can flesh it out into a ficlet. :p

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Is it okay for us to alter the lines just a little? For example, instead of "Dreams of dying fill your head", putting "Dreams of dying fill my head" or "Dreams of dying fill his head".

18. Hairband_sock

Mar 27, 2008
    Feel free to modify the song in minor ways, sure. As long as the heart of the story remains the same, there's no problems at all. Just make sure you've got at least three lines of un-edited song. If you're wanting to make more than minor changes, please PM me with your potential modifications.

Keep on rockin'!

19. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
  20. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
  21. Hairband_sock

Mar 27, 2008
    How's everybody doing? Keep those hairband-based songfic challenges coming! You've got 11 days left...

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    that's one of my favorite songs from the band next to Jet City Woman. This or one of several Maiden songs or "Fade to Black". damn metal songfic plot bunnies.

23. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    AHHHHHH! Metal plot bunnies rock! I hope one shows up for me soon. I love this song so much!

24. Hairband_sock

Mar 27, 2008
    This is your one week Warning! Take Hold of the Flame and get those submissions in En Force for your Deliverance or join the rest on their Roads to Madness!

Ahem. Anyway, so far we've only got three contenders. Go visit their stories and see what directions they've taken this month's Hairband Challenge!

earlybird-obi-wan?s Anakin?s nemesis

jedi_of_enth?s The Light Will Not Shine

And Jedi_Perigrine?s The Queen of the Night

Voting will start next week!

25. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Here's mine: Daddy's Little Girl

Thanks for the plot bunny! It finally got me out of writer's block!

OT: Out of curiosity, who's the user behind the sock?:confused: Sorry I just like to "see" who I'm talking to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.