main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic *** THE ULTIMATE HOCKEY THREAD!***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    hard hitting, recreational, or just a fan... this is the thread for all of the hockey lovers out there

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Best. Thread. Ever.

I'll expand on this later.

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    OK, I'm finished what I was doing. Now where was I? Ah, yes. Great thread! I'm a big Vancouver fan, but I like all the Canadian teams. Of course, there has to be an order, so I know who to cheer for when two Canadian teams are playing each other. ;) Here's that order:

1. Vancouver
    2. Toronto
    3. Ottawa
    4. Edmonton
    5. Calgary
    6. Montreal
    7-29. All the American teams except Detroit
    30. Detroit

I'm very pleased with how well Vancouver is doing this year, and Ottawa as well! There's talk of both teams moving, especially Ottawa, so I'm keeping a close eye on that. We've already lost the Jets and the Nordiques. I don't want to lose more. Anyway, I think there's a good chance the cup will come home to Canada this year, which would be very nice.

My biggest problem with hockey is those darn TV networks. TSN, and Sportsnet are both Canadian channels. What do they show? Golf! Wrestling! Who the heck cares about that? We're Canadian, eh? We want hockey! CBC shows hockey on Saturday night, but here in Ontario, it's usually Toronto followed by Edmonton. Not that it matters. Erin and I usually out on Saturday night. Would you believe I havn't seen a single Vancouver game since the Vancouver-Edmonton game on CBC on Dec 21? That's a month ago! I have to listen to the games on Vancouver local radio over the internet, and it usually lags about 2 minutes. I'm dying here!

Well, that's my rant. In the words of Red Green, keep your stick on the ice!

4. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    hockeys okay.

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    //calls CSIS

Hello, CSIS? Yes, I have an un-Canadian person here... :p

6. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
  7. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You remember the commie witch hunts in the States, right? McCarthyism and all that? Communists accused of being un-American? Canada needs that for hockey. Separate the Canadians from the wannabes. ;)

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    My biggest problem with hockey is those darn TV networks. TSN, and Sportsnet are both Canadian channels. What do they show? Golf! Wrestling! Who the heck cares about that?

Ahem ... [face_plain]

:p

9. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    ummmmm.... where the hell is the rule that says we (Canadians) all have to love hockey? :confused:

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I was kidding, Adam.

Poor Derek. Wrestling has taken hold of him. Quick! Get this poor guy to a hockey game!

At least you admit it's fake. ;)

11. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL...I'm NOT a hockey fan.

Wait, I'm not even Canadian!

On that note...

GO BUCS! MY TEAM IS IN THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!!

*gives thread back to those, uh, "hockey freaks"*

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Have you ever seen a game? Try it. You might like it. It's a great sport, to watch and play.

13. SpankysGirl

SpankysGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Hockey ROCKS!!!!!! Unfortunately I don't get much of a chance to watch many games during the run of the season, but you can bet I watch as many of the play off games that my schedule will allow.. even if it requires taping some....

as for my favorite teams.... Canadiens first... gotta be loyal my home.... and then the Red Wings.... yays...

14. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    WHATS SO BAD WITH THE WINGS? thgis thread was actually created by a MICHIGANDER... and i do love the wings... but more importantly, i do want professional hockey in canada to go the opposite direction it is now going...
    i mean, first the nordiques, then the jets... and now there is talk about the sens dying... it will be a sad day in the nhl when all the canadian teams are gone... that CANT happen...
    as far as my team ranking goes... i do have favourites... but i dont HATE any one team.... even dallas or colorado (detroits biggest rivals)... i may not root fer them when they are playing the wings... but when they arent... i will. (little side note to tammy... HECK YEAH GO BUCS!!!) anywho... yeah.. lol

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    What's so bad with the wings, you ask? Well, for starters, they eliminated my team from the playoffs last year. And, their fans call it Hockeytown, and many of the fans I've talked to are rather arrogant. So, I like to see them humbled. It just isn't right for the top team to be south of the border. :p

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I keep showing up at work and being told "You're closing lobby... and you're on Hockey Night in Canada watch."

17. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    yeah... but i must tell you this.... i was for sure that the nucks were going to beat us last year... i like the nucks.... they are a great up and comming team with a lot of tallent... they will be going places in the NEAR future... as far as the rest of the wings fans... i know... their immage does taint the immage of us that arent as "hardcore" as them... i am a hardcore wings fan... but i dont "over do it"... lol, those fans are a discrace to hockey... so, just to clear up the air... im not a rowdy fan... just a fan. (and i wasnt as upset as the rest of the americans when canada won.... both gold medals).

18. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You're American? Oh. I didn't know that.

[seinfeld] Not that there's anything wrong with that! [/seinfeld] ;)

19. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    i have a canucks jersey even, lol,t doesnt fit as well as it used too... but it has been a few years too... oh well, ima gunna keep it anyway,,, its cool... and yeah... im from michigan

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I want Toronto to win. Not because I like them. Just because when they lose my neighbor is really scary!

21. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

Jan 2, 2003
    what do the leafs and the virgin mary have in common?

theyre both screwed without joseph... lol

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You havn't seen me when Vancouver loses, DOY. :p

23. SpankysGirl

Nov 14, 2002
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

That was good.. and I must say Toronto is the last team I want to see take the cup... they are my least favorite team..

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Let's just say my neighbor's nickname is "Mini Hitler".

25. SpankysGirl

Nov 14, 2002
    lol.. we call one of the guys from the Ranch that.. is his name Paul Whalen??? lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.