main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    And 100% fantasy has impacted how many people know those memorable numbers, if you had AP during that crazy 2012 season you likely have a better idea about the single-season rushing record compared to the average schmo. Same for total touchdowns, I know it's LT (and that he beat Shaun Alexander's record from the year before) pretty much purely b/c of what a points monster he was in the early 2000's.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I thought the SS Rushing Record was 2132, which is... not correct. But not off by much!

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This, I know. Which is why I didn't respond to your initial post regarding Fantasy Football stats.

I was actually furthering CT-867-5309 comments of:

Which brings me back to my original point that the NFL isn't really historically known for stats and numbers, but rather moments and plays. And I think that was differentiates the NFL from the other sports because those moments and plays have names, like "The Catch" or "The Tuck Rule." The NFL and its fans don't pass down stats and numbers from one generation to another, but rather moments, such as the "Immaculate Reception." Those are the fixtures in NFL history, rather than numbers.

I think the only memorable NFL stat for the modern era is:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    DarthTunick , tom, solojones and 3 others like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, after five weeks, the NFC East is still up for grabs as none of the team have an above .500 record. So, despite that, it's a big game between the Giants and Eagles tonight. It's more important for the Giants to get the win, not only because of their 1-4 record, but their dramatic and emotional loss to the Panthers last week. This is a morale game for the Giants.

I was surprise that the Giants didn't pick up a young QB in the off season to groom for the eventual replacement of Eli as he's been in the league for about 15 years, but instead, went all in on Eli. He's off to a kind of rough start, and not they are some pundits saying that Saquon Barkley was the wrong pick for the Giants.

So, I don't have any rooting interest in tonight's game, but I do have an interest to see how the Giants will perform in this seemingly must win game.

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Beat each other up Giants vs Eagles.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    jcgoble3, Juliet316 and solojones like this.
  7. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    ODB jr. Is really becoming a problem. Time to grow up and put on the big boy pants.

8. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Time to put a fork in the Giants. Bummer.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Giants looked horrible, especially the offensive line. And what makes it worse is the Eli can't scramble or move around the pocket to buy more time, or even find the quick throw. I suppose the silver lining is it's looking like the Giants will have another high draft pick next year and will probably draft a franchise type QB.

I'm not sure if the Eagles are back to where they were last year, because beating the Giants isn't truly a measuring stick.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    It would be for the Patriots. :p

11. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    I was just waiting for someone to make this wisecrack. My money was on VIN though.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Wu-Tang's in the NFL?!

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i mean, **** the steelers. but how in the hell is this worthy of a $20K fine on watt

Juliet316 , solojones and Chromide like this.
  14. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    That's really lame....

heels1785 likes this.
  15. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    In a few years QB will have flags and all you have to do is pull it out of his side. they will be a non-contact position unless they go beyond the line of scrimmage.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm probably against all these personal fouls and rule changes more than anyone, but that fine is justified, imo.

You can't go at a quarterback's legs. That's the rule. That dude launched himself at a quarterback's legs. It was a Tom Brady/Carson Palmer injury that Ryan narrowly avoided.

17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    He rolls off the block and dives at the dude's knees yeah? I mean maybe you could argue he's falling but going at the QB low has been a no-no since the Steelers themselves inspired the rule...

EDIT: aka what CT just said lol

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    He possibly brushed his foot, it looks like. Thankfully, Matt survived it.

Chromide likes this.
  19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    eh, it's like a foul in basketball when you put your foot under a jump shooter. it's a dangerous play whether you actually take the guy out or not.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Reports are OBJ left the game to get an IV.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, the most intriguing game this weekend is Chiefs at Pats, not only because the Chiefs are undefeated and their offense is really fun to watch, but to see how that offense matches up against Belichick-coached team at home. IIRC, Belichick's Pats are 16-0 when facing an QB under 22 years old at home. And of course, you have the old man, TB12 looking to make a statement as well; especially with Josh Gordon getting more familiar with TB12 and the Pats offense. So, this could be a high scoring game.

The Raiders are in London, and you folks on the East Coast get to once again experience the NFL at 10am, which we here on the West Coast take for granted. It's a perfect Sunday morning pairing in my book, to have the NFL on at the time while have a late breakfast or brunch. Speaking of the Raiders, some fans locally are now comparing him to Steve Deberg.

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Really? I abhored 10am games when I was in CA. I don't want to set an alarm on the weekend to get up for a game. Blech.

23. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    You sleep past 10 am?

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Every chance I get, which aren't many any more...

Chromide likes this.
  25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    On the weekend? If I can. I was annoyed to wake up earlier today.

Chromide likes this.