main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    We don’t really need him. Slay is great, Melvin has played well, and Coleman is a scrapper.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    If honestly forgotten about that. But whatever. I'm glad he was that passionate over it

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been a good student and watching the Jaguars and keeping updated.

Now learned a new level of disappointment.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Welcome to becoming a true of a NFL franchise. And being a Jags fan, no one will ever accuse you be being a bandwagon fan.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Welcome to the highs and lows of being an NFL fan.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Lions release CJ Anderson. I had hopes for him, but he’s looked too slow. Still, I won’t be surprised if CJ is productive with some other team before the year is out. He needs good blocking to be successful and we haven’t given it to him. He’s still a load to bring down.

Lions claimed Paul Perkins, who was just waived by the Giants. He can make people miss, but he’s small and he hasn’t looked fast enough either from what I’ve seen. Making people miss doesn’t matter if you’re not fast enough to go anywhere. Will probably be our #4 running back.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I just looked at CJ's stats and was surprised that he only had one year where he rushed for a 1000 yards or more. But yeah, with the attrition of RBs, he's bound to land on a team before the end of the year. The Niners we down to like their 5th string RB at the end of last year.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    My people! lol...

solojones likes this.
  10. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    The Patriots are 71-19 since 2003 in the AFC East. That’s a .788 winning percentage. Outside the division, they are 118-32 (.786).
    Wow, I guess we are lucky we are in the AFC east or else our winning percentage would be a whole .002% lower. There goes our Dynasty.

Chromide, Dagobahsystem and PCCViking like this.
  11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Division games are supposed to be the hardest games. Looks like your division is lame.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    @heels1785 -- what are the chances I see my boy Will Grier this week?

heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    slim to none, i'm afraid. i saw kyle allen in the pats preseason game, and he wasn't terrible. org apparently thinks grier has a long way to go, and i think he's shaking off a minor injury, too.

carolina's got some winnable games over late september and early october - arizona, jacksonville, tampa. if they can stay afloat while cam heals up, i think the preference would be to let grier sit and learn for as long as possible. defer to superfan @anakinfansince1983 on the panthers as always, though!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012

The Patriots greatest divisional challenge during this entire run came from Rex Ryan and his QB the Buttfumble. So, yeah that's an accurate assessment.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  16. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Funny how 2 out of the last 3 years the AFC east has had 2 teams in the playoffs. What does that say about the other powerful divisions in the AFC that we are so lucky not to be part of?

17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Tom Brady would have CTE dripping out his ears and staining his Uggs if he played in the AFC North through the aughts. Be glad you didn't have to watch bloodbaths bob.

18. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    there is one good team in the afc north. The ravens. I would argue the Bills are better than the Bengals, browns, and steelers.

19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    aughts pl (plural only) Noun. The first decade of a century, such as 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero.​

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

21. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Good old VIN, The Pats will have a wrestling dynasty also when the Gronk debuts and takes over the WWE:D

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    you = goat

LloydChristmas likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    neat stat. 49ers had 0 road wins and 2 picks all year last year. 2 road wins and 4 picks in 2 games this year.

Rew, Sith_Sensei__Prime and tom like this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    My NFL and Jaguars apps are giving me nothing, but negative headlines at the moment.

I'm looking forward to the Titans on Thursday.