main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This reminded me of this...

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and vin like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

(deadspin)

dp4m and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Eagles have too many injuries, so they cancelled practice today.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Lions have been lucky to face teams well short of their best. Cards without Peterson and Alford, Chargers without Gordon and Derwin James, now the Eagles.

Coincidentally, the Pistons benefitted significantly from opposing teams resting their best players for “load management” last season, allowing them to win several games they otherwise would not have. It may have been a factor in helping the Pistons make the playoffs.

Maybe that’s the key to success for Detroit. Just play everyone when they’re not at full strength.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It worked for the Warriors in a couple of the Championship runs and worked against them in their most recent one. Just ask the Clippers, Cavs, Rockets and Raptors. :p

6. iluvupadme

iluvupadme Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2009
    How Bout Them Cowboys!

*goes back to hiding*

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

8. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, they have played the Bengals and the Bucs, who are QBed by a turnover machine. ;)

Dagobahsystem and heels1785 like this.
  9. Jeffrey Stephen Jensen

Jeffrey Stephen Jensen Jedi Knight

Jan 25, 2013
    A la MLB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    More like the NBA - type tanking, me thinks.

11. Jeffrey Stephen Jensen

Jeffrey Stephen Jensen Jedi Knight

Jan 25, 2013
    What’s type tanking?

Nope. Nor have I forgotten Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, Mercury Morris, Paul Warfield, the No Name Defense or the Killer Bees defense. And how about the OC Howard Schnellenberger or the DC Bill Arnsparger? And then there’s Don Shula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chromide and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    In the NBA teams that know they have no hope of going to the playoffs or are in a rebuilding phase have in the past typically 'tanked' their season, I.E. be as bad as they can be in the hopes of getting a high draft lottery pick in the NBA draft in order to get the best player available. I think what @mnjedi is suggestion is similar for the Dolphins; tanking their season in order to try and get the number one draft pick in next year's NFL Draft.

MLB doesn't, to my knowledge exactly have that type of tanking system since most prospects drafted have to go through the affiliates minor leagues first before a player could be any benefit to them on the major league stage.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Cowgirls cut DE Taco Charlton

14. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Isn't that sexist Jules? The PC police may arrest you for using the term girls to insult your rival.

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Finally dp and Starbob can find common ground.

Chromide, dp4m, Rew and 2 others like this.
  16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Cowgirls is still less offensive than Redskins. :D

17. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    And both are less offensive than you VIN.

Chromide likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, I won't argue with you there. Unfortunately our stupid owner will.

19. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I think it's somewhat of a combination of the two, baseball tanking is all about getting a core of top prospects together all hitting the majors at the same time, and NBA tanking is more about landing the one superstar than can turn your franchise around. The Phins are definitely angling for the no 1 pick, but in trading all thier existing talent as well they are also clearly trying to stockpile a core of first round talent to build around.

Gruden did a similar thing in Oakland last year, though he at least maintained the pretense that he was trying to field a competitive team. Miami isn't even doing that much.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    taco charlton's been claimed by miami. josh rosen gets sacrificed to the vanderesches on sunday, fitz has been benched. good luck m8

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Poor Rosen

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Good, we need to see if he's going to be worth keeping or not. Honestly in the little he played last week he looked WAY better than Fitzpatrick, had two fantastic passes dropped.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It will be difficult to tell if he’s worth keeping because of how bad they are. Not many young quarterbacks would look good in that situation. It was the same situation in Arizona. In all likelihood, he’ll be bad because they’re bad, they’ll get a high draft pick, use it on a QB, and Rosen will be out again.

24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah but you can still tell, he looked way better than Fitz last week but the numbers don't show it because, well, the rest of the team is garbage. As long as the line is playing good enough to not worry about him getting hurt I think it's the right move to play him. They are taking a QB either way in the draft though, no doubt about that.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    would have a hell of a start on jt o'sullivan's 11 teams in 10 years mark.