main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    To be fair he's throwing to guys picked up from like a carwash as WRs at this point

2. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    After last weeks game Rodgers said he’d rather get wins at this point, stats no longer matter

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Note for NFL defenses: if you want a ball carrier to score, instead of getting out of their way, try to force them into the end zone. Push them forward or pick them up and carry them.

Also I’m all in on Detroit vs Everybody.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Chromide likes this.
  4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow, Detroit got screwed, between the zebras trying to hand Dallas a win and succeeding in handing Green Bay one, it's been a terrible week of officiating, and big surprise that the two teams that got the calls are the two teams that always get the calls.

Chromide likes this.
  5. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004

You’re right the Packers get the calls like the Fail Mary, the Jerry Rice fumble and numerous “roughing the passer” calls on Clay Matthews last year

LloydChristmas likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    To be fair, the Fail Mary was with scrub refs, and not the regular refs.

Chromide likes this.
  7. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    That was terrible. I'm sick of all the ridiculous penalties around the game.

8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I looked up the LA Wildcats draft, and they were assigned Luis Perez. Yay!

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Marcus Peters traded to Ravens, who are desperate for bodies. Crazy to see such a talented player traded twice already. Gives up too many big plays. I think he can be an elite CB if he’s in the right system.

The Panthers are in a difficult position. I’ve never been high on Cam, but if he’s fully healthy, he has more upside than Allen. He can just do more. Cam can get you to the Super Bowl. Does anyone really think Allen can get you to the Super Bowl if he isn’t dragged there by McCaffrey and the defense?

Cam has one more year on his contract. For now, I’d give him a chance to play it out. If he stinks, you can go back to Allen and trade/cut Cam.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ct, i don't know if cam can throw you to a super bowl. and with the lingering effects of a lisfranc injury, i'm not sure the mobility is there (and unfortunately not sure it ever will be). i'm a huge fan of his, and i wouldn't play him this year.

i'd go with allen. doesn't throw picks, manages the game, and everyone knows who the centerpiece of that offense will be, even with cam. live and die with mccaffrey, and don't get in his way.

Rew, Juliet316 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I considered those points myself and went back and forth on them, but you’re probably right. You don’t just come back 100% from a Lisfranc injury this quickly. And if Cam doesn’t have his full mobility and he’s throwing off a bad foot, Allen is the better option.

My initial thoughts were they should stick with Allen because they were winning games, but I didn’t consider the extra potential Cam brings. That potential doesn’t matter if Cam isn’t healthy enough to reach it.

I don’t think Cam will handle being benched well. He might make a circus out of it. Fans will be clamoring for Cam if Allen doesn’t cut the fumbles.

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Probably the most important point of all. Cam's a big personality and has never been one to hide his disappointment from cameras. Risk losing the team and the trust of the fanbase by not playing the franchise quarterback.

I think Rivera's got good standing with ownership and certainly within the community, but Cam Newton has been the face of the Panthers for a long time, and represents their greatest successes. Any perception of disrespecting Cam may be one of the few things that could sink him, even moreso than just losing.

CT-867-5309 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Jalen Ramsey to Rams.

Two 1sts and a 4th to Jacksonville.

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, that ends that saga.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Ramsey's incredibly gifted. I love the trade for the Jags.

Guy was clearly not interested in playing in Jacksonville this year. One year left on his deal, during which his salary would be six times as much as it's been. Two first round picks are huge, even if they're late round.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    aaron donald and jalen ramsey on the same defense. that's likely to make things a bit difficult.

but tunes, happy birthday to you, right? :p

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That's too steep a price for the Chiefs. I wanted him but not that bad. But good for you Tunes.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    oh yeah, absolutely. rams don't have a ton of gaps, when healthy - looks like some of their offensive line replacements may not be longterm, and i don't know if goff is, either.

we've got to rebuild 75% of our defense, and signficantly improve our pass protection. and that mahomes contract isn't far off..

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    May not be the Dodgers in a playoff chase, but I'd say you got a pretty good birthday present Tunes.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Very interesting. Phillips prefers man, but Peters is better in zone. Ramsey prefers man, Jags play more zone than Rams. Seems like a perfect fit.

Rams do not hesitate to make trades, but they’ve given up a lot of picks. I think all those lost picks will come back to bite them soon.

They’re probably going to have to eat a lot of dead money on Gurley, and maybe Cooks, too.

Whitworth, Weddle, and Talib are getting old, with few picks to replace them. LT is a difficult and expensive position to replace. Weddle and Talib, not as much.