main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index The Underrated Story Index - Coming soon...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Underrated_Index, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Ooh! Mine is the new featured story! It was a real disappointment to me that I didn't get more readers for this as I consider it one of my best.

2. Danaan

Danaan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2008
    Which of them? You have two features, and now you've made me curious =D

3. Underrated_Index

Underrated_Index Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2008
    Danaan, the featured story is linked in the fourth post on the first page. I've added a headline saying "featured story" so it shows more clearly. Previous featured stories are the ones in the index with a blurb. Hope that clears any confusion.

Also, no new story for this week. My week has been a strange mix of very busy at one moment and inexcusably lazy the next. Hope to get things back on track next week.

Oh, and please send me more stories!

4. Danaan

Apr 23, 2008
    Thanks!

Make mental note - read threads more carefully![face_blush] 8-}

5. Underrated_Index

May 10, 2008
    Once again, another week has passed without an update.

I really don't like to admit this, but I've kind of burned out on fan fiction for the moment. I'm struggling with a story I've abandoned and my muse is simply not cooperating with me. DRL hasn't made it any easier with me getting more working hours and trying to take a driving license. This then has the unfortunate knock-on effect that I spend less and less time here. Perhaps this was inevitable, seeing as I've almost spent two years here and writing stories back to back.

So, seeing as I haven't got the heart for it at the moment, I've decided to let this index go up for adoption. It started off well but since coming home from my prolonged holiday, I never really managed to get it up and running again. This is a good index with good intent and I don't think it and the people willing to participate in it have deserved the crummy treatment I've been giving the index lately.

Therefore, I've decided to step down and handover the reins to someone else, someone who can liven up this index and make it work again. Please, if you are interested, send me a PM. I would hate it to see this index sink into obscurity.

6. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I know how you feel I was right in the middle of three separate fics and my muse or more like my desire someone left me and every night I look at my computer and think is this the night I get some writing done and then nope I don't. I truly hope someone takes the reigns for you since I wanted to link a story here. I know my Y-wing fic isn't mush but I would still love for some people to read it. Good luck in all your endeavors

7. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    I hear ya, everybody-who-have-underrated-stories.

I love this index. I'm going add something! I will.

tapping fish
    am I weird?

8. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I just found this and I like it :) My story that I'm working on at the moment is something I've been working on for a long time. I know it might not appeal to some people, but I work hard on it and it goes underrated, which is annoying.

9. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    Poor you.

Aw man! Adoption of index? I'd love to take over this, but DRL!!! Ugh.

tapping fish
    success cannot be bottled, but money CAN be bottled (hmmmmm)

10. Underrated_Index

May 10, 2008
    Where did you guys dig up this old fossil? :p

In all seriousness, it's cool to see the index back.

Currently, two posters have expressed interest in adopting the index and I'm currently working out a plan together with them. So expect to see the Underrated Index back on the first page soon, bigger and better than before! :cool:

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Depending on readership, I might have a story eligible for mention here.

12. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    Hooray to bigger and better index!
    Wait, if the index is bigger, doesn't that mean there are more underrated stories? That's not good!
    But then and again, better is good-er. :p

This index rules!
    Who do we PM our underrated stuff(better known to me as everything I write)?

tapping fish
    USB Mass Storage Items!

13. Underrated_Index

May 10, 2008
    You know what I mean :p

Underrated stuff should still be PM:ed to the Underrated_Index account.

Well, I've sent my final instructions to NightSword and hyperspace_police who have graciously taken on the task of running this index. My deepest thanks to them from saving this index from the depths [face_peace] When they will start, I don't know. Give them time to work out some details between them. Make sure to give them a warm welcome once they get started!

And that's it for me, yodas_waiter. I ran with it as long as I could and I had fun whilst doing it. Shame that I didn't have enough time to spare. My thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, with their stories, discussions and suggestions. :)

14. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    So I PM 'em to you, I gather.

15. Danaan

Apr 23, 2008
    Is this index still being worked on? If so, there's a story out there that I consider seriously underrated.:-B And no, it's not mine:D. I'll gladly nominate it to whomever!

16. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    Yeah; this index is still alive and running :)

I've just finished a 9-hour math contest last week and the AP's are next week, so I haven't started reading through for featured stories yet, but I'll be on it as soon as school gives me a bit of a break. (a possible challenge is also under discussion...)

In the meantime, we're still indexing and always happy for more noms--just send it in to the sock.

-NS

17. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I have one: The Thoughts of an OC Jedi

18. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    No, I have another: I Scream You Scream

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    And I bet they'd be happy about a link to go with the title...;)

20. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'll have to remind myself that this is still here in case I have an underrated story. [face_thinking]

21. Underrated_Index

May 10, 2008
    The index has been updated, and I've also added a section for non-SW fanfics (alphabetized by fandom and then by story title)

Links are always appreciated, since it makes our jobs as indexers a lot easier :)

-NightSword

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.