main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Unforseen Future/ teen Obi-Wan's Misadventures in the military.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jodiwent, Feb 21, 2000.

1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    The flight was just boarding their ships when Obi-Wan arrived. No one made much notice that he was back. Now was not the time. His fellow squad members told him what fight patterns they would be practicing.

The drills went well, the cadets were starting to fly more like units. They were tight and flawless. Would they stay that way the next time they flew againct flight A.

After the four hours of drilling they had some free time. The only thing Obi-Wan wanted to do was sleep. He hadn't even closed his eyes in the detention cell. He got out of answering any questions by leaving fast.

It was not untill he got to his flight tracking class that anyone asked him where he had been. It was Antilles. "So what happened to you yesterday? Rumor has it you spent the night in detention."

"Rumor was right." Obi-Wan said plainly.

"Rumor also has it that you took a walk."

"Yes, can we just drop this?"

"Just curious."

"So how much did you win on your curiolity?"

"Twenty credits. Heay, how did you know? Oh yhea." The Alderaanian remembered that jedi could sence things that others couldn't. It was just a guess on Obi-Wan's part. "Wardeen thought you weren't coming back. I had faith in you."

'Oh joy,' Obi-Wan thought, 'now their betting on me.'

After his other class, Obi-Wan saw Ringe in the coridor. He thought of the glimps of the future he had seen. It wasn't all clear but for some reason he had seen her standing at the edge of a great hight... then falling. He was not sure if she jumped or.. was pushed. He figured now was the time to try to change the future he had gotten a glimps of.

He couldn't help thinking there was more to what he had seen. As if it were part of something larger that he hadn't seen. He wondered if she'd even listen to him. They had not gotten off to a great start. He was supposed to be working on his negotiaing skills, this would lbe good practice.

"Miss Ringe?" Kenobi called. "Could I have a word with you?"

The Alderaanian women looked at him oddly. She made it clear that she had no respect for him. "And that word would be, Jedi?"

"It's just that, sometimes we jedi can... see the path a person is on."

"What? See the future? My future is set, as an officer and part of my planets government and as a wife. What could you possibly tell me?"

"The future is always changing. I just thought I should warn you..."

"Warn me?" She looked at him sourly. "About what?"

"About me and our wicked ways." It was Wardeen who had come up behind her. "He wants you to return to the path of virtue." They both laughed at Obi-Wan now.

"I could care less about your virtue, that is none of my business." The jedi made clear. "I do care about anyone who's in danger."

"Me, I'm in danger?" Ringe still mocked. "What are you trying to prove by telling me this? You don't scare me jedi."

"I'm not trying to scare you."

"Well what ever your trying to do, I don't need to be lectured by someone who just spent the night in the brig." Point scored. "So just take your self righteous little self and get lost."

"Fine." Obi-Wan saw he would get no where with this. He had done all he could, and so left.

"Can you believe the nerve of that kid." Ringe ranted. "Jedi, humph."

"I believe he was sincere." Prince Organa, who had seen the whole encounter said. "You shouldn't have such disrespect for the jedi. He may be right."

"Not you too. It's bad enough Antilles is looking up to that squirt."

"Why don't you lighten up." Antilles added. "Some of our ancestors were jedi."

"Yhea," Ringe huffed, "and look at all the wars those jedi caused."

"Caused?" Organa pondered. "You seriously believe that? The jedi have saved the republic over and over. They keep the peace between systems that would be at war without their intervention."

"The way I was taught was if there were no jedi there would have neaver been any sith, hence no hyperspace war and no sith war."

"That is a very jaded point of view."

"Lets not stand here yapping about the jedi all day." Wardeen sighed. "Let's go."

The next week went on much as the last. The cadets went to classes

2. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    Hey, all! Been lurking for a while in this post--just wanted to say this story is awesome. Write faster, jodiwent!

natasha

3. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    Hey, everybody! It's been a while since i've posted, but i have been lurking ever since the thread started. This is an absolutely awesome topic! Write faster, jodiwent!!

natasha

4. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    sorry, double post...evil server...grrrr....

natasha

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Tell us more about "the cell he had occupied three years ago." Is this something you've made up, or are you referring to one of the JA books? In any case, I like it. I like seeing Obi-Wan's apprehension at being locked up. It gives his character depth. I also liked the way he wanted to warn Ringe about her not-so-bright future, and the way she brushed him off. Good conflicts! And the way all the girls sneak into the hangar to drool--I mean watch! What's going to happen next?

6. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Monk boy, I like that heh, heh.

7. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Hey this is GREAT! I agree w/ Jane Jinn. I'd like to see them exchanging war stories and talking about prisons and see Obi-Wan's reaction. It'd be hard to work a way to get him to actually SAY what it was, but introspection is a beautiful thing. LOL, "wonder if the other half is as nice as the rest." Ok ok, no comment

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 03-05-2000).]

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    No this is not from J.A. books it is from other fan fics. Alot of people have written stories where some thing realy bad happens to OWK shortly after becoming QGJ's apprentice.

I don't in general like stories that are too graphic, if it's done for no perpose other than to be graphic. I still try to give different stories chances. One of them really choked me up.(Not on this site)

Some of this has worked it's way into my stories but as aftermath.

I wasn't sure if I was going to wimp out and not put it in but from the reactions I've been seeing I won't.

Before I continue with this story I'm going to make a detour and type in a short story I wrote dealing with this.

warning have tissues neer by.

Fourteen.

Anakin Skywalker couldn't wait for his fourteenth bithday. It was a week away and his master had promised to take him and some of his friends to Alderaan to see the sloop races. It wasn't the same as pod racing, and he wished he could race himself again but it would be fun.

It would be his fifth bithday as amoung the jedi. It was becoming a tradition that no matter where they were Obi-Wan Kenobi made sure to remember and make it a special day for the boy.

Anakin's training progressed but now his classes seemed to emphasize the history of the republic, galactic cultures, and technical things as well. His ability to see things in the force was growing strong as he was tall. In a few years he'd be taller than his master.

Usually Obi-Wan hyped up the week before Anakin's birthday. It was the one day a year they both took a break. This year however, Obi-Wan seemed contemplative. Anakin thought recent missions may have been wieghing on Obi-Wan's mind.

As the Padawan's special day grew closer, the knight grew distant. He kept his word and did bring a group of seven of Anakin's padawan friends to Cravas City to see the sloop races, but he didn't seem to be into it the way he had the other times.

"Master," Anakin asked the knight, "is everything alright?"

"Yes Padawan." The knight perked up a little. "I didn't realize you noticed."

"Then there is something wrong. Your not yourself."

"No I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing for you to worrie about. Today your suposed to be having fun with your friends."

They spoke no further of it, and Obi-Wan actually lightened up a little and was more like his regular self. After the races, the knight let the Padawans pick something elce to do before the day ended.

The consenous between the four boys and three girls was that they wanted to go to a nearby amusement area to go on the anti-gravity slam. This was a ride that jerked the rider around an large outdoor area.

Most people got sick just looking at it. It started with a fifty foot free fall... then a magnetic field kept one from slaming into the ground. Then it jerked you back up and across the ride. The young jedi knew it would be perfect.

The slam it would be. They couldn't get enough of it. Other riders were getting sick but they had neaver had so much fun. They rode it five times before their credits ran out.

The knight was happy to see the young jedi having so much fun. He knew in the life of a jedi moments of unbridled fun were rare. Over and over they thanked Sir Kenobi for taking them.

"It's time to head back to Coruscant." Obi-Wan told the kids. "Is everyone here?" He counted heads, two were missing. One of them was Anakin. "Does anyone know where they went?" No one did. A strange look of concern crossed his face. He searched the force. Relief crossed it when he realized the two padawans were only on the ride again.

The five padawans in front of him felt his strong concern when for a moment he thought they were missing. It was an unuseal concern but they didn't think about it again.

Later on the transport home to coruscant one of the girls who was really sensitive to the force told Anakin in a quiet moment. "I think your master was really scared when he thought you were missing. He really cares about you, like a brother."

"I know." Anakin amiled. "Th

9. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    ::stand up and claps:: BRAVO!! Jodiwent, I have enjoyed Obi-Wan's misadventures in the military tremendously, and that journey into his past/future has made it all the better! Please continue!!

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Coool!!! Personally there is nothing wrong with going back anf forth in time

As all my readers would hopefully agree that was really good.

Kithera

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Wow I'm glad pepole liked that. Thanks.

Now let the drooling contiue.

"You like him don't you?" Saraash questioned. "That's why your always preening around him."

"You might as well be sending signals," Ringe added, "to a blind droid."

"You neaver know." Ielese grined.

"Hello jedi..." Ringe banged her hand againct her head as if the idea was stupid.

"So?"

"I thought they weren't allowed."

"The Corellian ones do."

"There not the same as those temple ones. I don't think that one's even thought about it."

"I'll get him thinking about it."

"Not that one."

The others began to arrive and so ended the speculation. Ielese's infatuation with Obi-Wan only intensified. A few days later Fu-Ahn went to the O'Daki's to find out if they knew if Obi-Wan had noticed her friend.

What?" Dae said with a sour look. "As if any of us have time to notice..." Then he noticed Fu-Ahn. "Why are you asking for your friend. You looking for some one too?" He turned on the charm.

"You know what they say." Fu-Ahn leaned into Dae. "Spacers are always looking for some one."

"Dae." Croe butted in, "get your hormones in check."

"Later, when your little cousin's not around." Fu-Ahn slinked away. "Ask th ejedi about Ielese."

"What's that all about?" Croe asked. "Why is she asking about Obi-Wan?"

"Are you dence?" Her friend has been leaving all kinds of bait that Obi-Wan's not taking...she likes him."

"Oh. Maybe he's got a girlfriend already, like me." Croe took a picture of his fiance'e out and held it next to his heart. "Jann, only two more weeks."

"So should we ask him if he's interested?"

"I'd feel wierd asking."

"Someone's got to ask."

"Why doesn't she ask?"

"In case he's not interested, to keep from embarrassing herself."

"Then ask him."

"You can talk to him better than me."

"Can't you two do anything without turning it into a debate?" Rae finally jumped in. "Heay Obi-Wan! Come over here."

"No you idiot." Dae wispered, "Have some tact."

"The direct aproach suits me better." When Obi-Wan reached them Rae asked. "If a cirtain woman liked you, would you give her the time of day?"

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Are you refering to Miss.Torr?" Obi-Wan suprised them by knowing who it was. "I've tryed to give her every indication that I'm not interested, but it's not working."

"Not interested?" Dae asked. "Are you blind?"

"No, as a matter of facr she's quite..." Coi-Wan turned red. "I am not blind."

"Then why aren't you interested?" Croe then asked. "You got a jedi girl friend?"

Obi-Wan smiled and held back a laugh. Two Padawans together was a big taboo. It was bad enough when they lost one apprentice, neaver mind two. Then there was the long jedi betrothal system. It was a wonder that any jedi ever made it through that.

"I have jedi friends that are girls, but padawan's don't have girl friends." He told his friends.

"I hate to break it to you," Dae said, "but I've seen padawan's with girls in the city."

"And..."

"I mean WITH them, making out."

"And..."

"Your not suprised?"

"No, they are not the padawan's girl friends."

"Then what?"

"In my oppinion distractions. I'm sure You can figure out what they are."

"And that's not againct something?"

"Not quite..."

"Wait, the jedi's gonna make my head spin again." Rae said. "Are you allowed to or not?"

"It's not that simple to explaine." Obi-Wan was getting very uncomfortable with this subject.

"Is anything about the jedi simple to explaine?"

"I only want to know about you." Dae finaly asked. "Why aren't you interedsted in Ielese Torr?"

"Other than the fact that I barely know her?" Obi-Wan shot back. "It would complicate my life too much. A jedi in training to be a knight can not be distracted."

"It could be anonther ten years or more."

"You would only be distracted for a little while." Rae smerked.

Obi-Wan didn't know if he should laugh at his friend's joke or not. "The jedi believe that when two people are brought together, it is something sacred, not to be taken lightly."

"Then why are those ones in the city with those girls?"

"Eve

12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh sith spawn! I hope the server didn't loose my post!

13. stoneheart

stoneheart Jedi Master star 1

Nov 25, 1999
    'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.'

I'm definately looking forward to the next installment, Jodiwent.

14. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Wow
    Everything happens to Obi Wan

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    The Anakin story was a good explanation of why Obi-Wan doesn't like being locked up in a cell, though (to me) it stuck out a bit because it was told from Anakin's point of view, not Obi-Wan's. Still, it was good in and of itself.

I like the sub-plot about Arden's father. And speaking of sub-plots, I especially admire the way Obi-Wan chooses to uphold his training and not get involved with "distractions". I'd like to know more about the long Jedi courtship and about Obi-Wan's future wife and soul mate (if it can't be part of this story, maybe part of the next one?)

Keep going, Jodiwent!

16. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm also impressed with Obi-Wan's decision to maintain his virture. . .for Bant perhaps?

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm soooo p.o.ed I was in themiddle of writing and didn't click submit but it submitted and is slow in showing up so I don't know where I left off!!!!!!!

Argggggg!

well it's a sort of preview I guess.

when I see where it is I'll finish.

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    There is difinetly something wrong with this. I've been waiting for around a half an hour for my mistakenly sent post and my reaction post. I don't mean to leave poor Obi-Wan in the spot he was in but I can't wait any longer. I will re attempt this section tomorrow.

I have to get up at five-thirty in the morning and leave for work at six-thirty.
    Because I'm such a slooow typer I've been up till on and two all week. It doesn't bug me when I see I got some where tonight I got no where.

didn't mean to be a tease! It's the computer!

till tomorrow, Jodi.

19. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Sorry about the computer. You have my sympathy.
    I have to say, one of the numerous things that make me want to read more of this story is its interesting concept and engaging plot. Keep posting, jodiwent!

20. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Thank the maker!

I neaver thought I'd be glad that my orriginal post didn't show up.

I only had writen a few sentences when I lost it and where it was... It would have been to convinient... got to run to work, will post tonight.

ttfn ta ta for now.
    and I havn't even seen tigger yet!

21. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    P.S>

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"

22. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    getting weaker...need post...jodiwent...where..are...you....(gurgle)

natasha

23. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    getting weaker...need post...jodiwent...where..are...you....(gurgle)

dramatically,

natasha

24. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    I HATE THIS SERVER!!! AGGGGRRRRR!!!
    sorry, sorry everybody--this is the 3rd time it's done that!

natasha

25. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Let's see if this works.

Yes, soul mate makes a Brief apearence in this story, but no it is not Bant. In my stories she's more of a sister figure. Soul mate will have larger roll in next one which is post TPM with falshbacks including a story of how Qui-Gon was found.

"What's that flashing?" some anoying kid not in this story said, pointing to the great big hole the author left in her story.

"It's a swirly thing." Cat answered.

"Heay what are you doing here?" the emperor glared.

"I had to get to this galaxsy." Cat explianed. "Those jedi dudes need some fasion tips."

"I'm so depressed, we have to get to the second part of the story," Marvin announced. "so people can read the really exciting part about the assasa..."

"shush!!!!!!" The third Doctor scolded.

"One of them already came to the lagical conclusion," Spock questioned. "what's the big deal?"

"Dough!"
    Now the real story.

I'm really nervous about this part its a big old angst pie with a little angst on top and a spot of angst on the side.

It was a part I wrote not intending to show. After this I will give Obi-Wan an angstectomy.

The Alderaanian women had put her up to it. She wouldn't back down now. 'It was a joke a prank.' Ielese Torr convinced herself. Obi-Wan had rejected her. No matter what his reason was, it still riled her.

'Not good enough for a jedi.' She thought. That was not what he said but that is what she heard. 'Shy huh? We'll see about that!'

The group of women cadets who were in on the prank snuck up to the shower where the unsuspedting jedi was. "Wait, stay by the door, so he can't sence too many approaching." Ielese told them. "I'll grab the clothes, and get him to chase me out here. Then you come in."

She went to do the deed. True to form, the jedi did sence the presence of some one, but figured it was one of the guys. He still felt cautious, and so turned just in time to see Ielese snatching his towel and cloke from the bench across the room.

"Heay! Lese!" Obi-Wan yelped in suprise. "Put that back!"

Ielese ran into the other section, behind the wall, and as expected he ran after her. The wet, buck naked young man slid into the area to find not only Ielese, but eight other young women cadets blocking the exit.

"Not bad Kenobi." Fu-Ahn said, as the others giggled.

The young jedi stood stunned like a dumb animal. Their presences had been masked by the others on the other side of the wall. The women figured because they had gotten to know Obi-Wan a little he'd take it as a joke.
    He'd make some sarcastic remark, maybe even strut a little. He had been so pridefull at other times.

The reaction they got was anything but humorous. All the color drained from Obi-Wan's face. He was turning as white as his tunic useally was. He ran back behind the wall. Still thinking it was but a prank the women followed. "You can't get away that easily."

Obi-wan was actually trying to hide, but there was no where to hide. In his mind for a brief moment, it was not his comrades playing a joke. he was back in the Drahsil cell. They found him trying to hide in the corner.

"wow he really is shy." Ringe commented. "We'll have to fix that." She signaled all to move in closer.

Obi-Wan let loose with a huge force push. "Get out of here!"

The pranksters now knocked to the floor were about to rush him again when Fu-Ahn realized some thing was wrong. "Wait." She recognized the paniced look in the young jedi's eyes. 'It's more than shy or embarassed.' she thought. "Oh no..." She felt truly sorry now.

Ielese at the same time realized the same thing. "All of you get out." She told them. "It's not funy anymore."

"What?" Ringe hadn't caught on. "Because the jedi is a woose?"

"Let's go." Fu-anh insisted. "Leave them."
    All but Ielese left.

"Here." She covered the scared young man with his cloke. "The Drahsil?" Obi-Wan shut his eyes tight, covered his face in his hood and sank to the floor. "I'm sorry, I neaver would have..." She sat next to him. "