main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Unforseen Future/ teen Obi-Wan's Misadventures in the military.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jodiwent, Feb 21, 2000.

1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Ahh, my suspicions were correct, though I thought it was only jealousy that drove Wardeen. This is a very well thought out story jodiwent can't wait for more.

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    It happened that the head of the O'Daki family Was Tae, Dae's father. The cousins and thier youngest uncle, Trece, had done a good job of hiding the fact that it was a jedi who had helped Croe get off the hook. Tae hated the jedi because of what Kasan had done to his sister, Arden's mother.

Arden's mother and Croe's parents, and Rae's mother had all been killed nine years before in an explotion that had rocked Coruscant at that time. So Tae and his wife Sorva were also raising Croe and Arden. Rae's father, Roe rounded out the large family. There were younger brothers and sisters as well.

The cousins wanted to bring Obi-Wan to their hone, but knew they couldn't let Tae know he was a jedi. Obi-Wan was a little reluctant to hide his identity. Again it was a border line issue, some times on missions jedi had to hide their identitys. He would conciter it practice.

The head of the O'daki family greeted Obi-Wan like a long lost friend. He was so thrilled at meeting the fellow who had stood up to the Alderaanian's who had tryed to take his nephue. Obi-Wan was treeted like a new member of the family. The only thing that marred the day was Tae's continual disparaging of the jedi.

Somehow he had liked the jedi to the Alderaanians and thouhgt they were the ones who had arrested Croe. The cousins keeped pointing out to him that he had been wrong about that. He didn't leave out all that he thought about the jedi that had abbandoned Arden either. in that matter he was right.

As Tae O'daki continued to rail against the jedi, Dae could almost feel his friend's dicomfort. It always made Obi-Wan sad when people misrepresented his order.

"Cold bloded they are." Dae's father continued. "Taken away when their babies, so they'll have no conscious about killin' people."

Even though Tae's view was distorted, Obi-Wan did not want to keep deceiving him. He started lto tell him, but before he did Dae bave him one of those kicks under the table that were useually reserved for Croe.

"Da, what if I told you," Dae started. "We met a jedi, and he was o.k."

"It's not possible."

"Tae how do you know?" Sorva asked her husband. "You've only met one. Just because he was a jerk doesn't mean they all are."

"I know what's what." Tae bawked. "You stick to making' friends with fine lads like Obi-Wan here." Obi-Wan had a lump ion his throte now. "You say your from here on Coruscant>"

"Yes Sir."

"And you're training to be a pilot?"

"Yes sir."

"I can tell your not from th elower levils. You've got the look of the millitary. You must come from a millitary family."

"You... could say that."

"We're gona' go take care of that work out back." Dae rushed to say. "Let's go guys."

The cousins all knew why Dae was in a hurry to get out, so they didn't whine and barreled out the door with their jedi friend.

"Man that was close." Croe stated the obvious.

"He doesn't have a clue." Dae said and laughed. He impersonated his father. "Make friends with nice lads like Obi-Wan here." The cousins all laughed. Obi-Wan didn't see the humor in the situation. "Are you a nice lad or a cold blooded killer?" They all laughed harder.

"Are you always this disrespectful t your father?" Obi-Wan asked. "And deceitful?"

"Don't be so serious." Rae admonished. "This may look direspectfull, but when you live down here you've got to laugh at a situation or you'll neaver survive. We all respect Uncle Tae, but we havn't pulled one over on him in years."

"does he believe the things he says?" Obi-Wan askd. "Does he think all jedi are just killers?"

"He's still mad about Arden's mother. We knew for a long time that he has a distorted view. he sees the jedi as athority, down here that's not good." Dae told. "He sure has taken a shine to you though."

"You don't think it's crule to let this charade go on?"

"We'll let him know, not just yet. We're trying to show him how wrong he's been."

"Then I suppose it's not bad."

"We better start to move that engine."

The five young men made their way into the shop's parts yard. The huge engine had already been attached to the lift.

"Yo

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "Are you a nice lad or a cold-blooded killer?" That was great, Jodiwent! I like the way Obi-Wan has to reconcile things with his conscience, and how he's always nice and trying to help people. I really want to read more!

4. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    c'mon, i KNOW there are two posts lurking in here--hoping that this will nudge them out...anybody else really having trouble with the server tonight?

5. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The last week in the last month of training was a hurried time. The cadets were all taking their finals. A lucky few of the pilots had made it to the final round in the year end race. The race was to take place the day before the cadets graduation.

They were narrowed down to ten racers. Of course Antilles, Fu-Ahn, Lo-Lang, and Obi-Wan were amoung the contenders. The officers didn't encourage wagering on the race but they did nothing to stop it.

All of the cadets families were going to be there, and Commander Shar, the head of the republic's security forces air division would be there to award the prize to the winner.

When Obi-Wan went to ask Qui-Gon if he could be there to see the race, the master was supprised.

"A race?" Qui-Gon asked puzzled. "You neaver mentioned a race before."

"Didn't I?" Obi-Wan said. "It must have slipped my mind."

He knew it was too late for Qui-Gon to forbid him to be in the race. Not that Qui-Gon would have, but the padawan was taking no chances.

"And you say the prize is a chance to fly a viper."

Obi-Wan nodded his head with a wide smile and wide eyes.

"I can see why you would want to win this race then." Qui-Gon said. "I will be there to see it, and wish you luck then." He knew how much Obi-Wan wanted this.

The day of the race Obi-Wan could hardly contain himself. Of course he had asked The O'Daki cousins to take care of the ship he'd be flying. He couldn't sleep late, he was up and trying to walk off some off his nervous energy bright and early. To say he was focused would be an understatement.

The race was set to start at mid-day. Obi-Wan was glad to see Qui-Gon in the crowd of spectators. All of the cadets and their families that were there for tomorrow's graduation waited to see the race. Even Bail's father, the King of Alderaan, and elected head of their council of Elders, sat next to his son. Cheering of course for Cadet Antilles.

Right before the race Obi-Wan went over the course of the race with his crew, the O'Daki, and they reminded him of ways to get the most out of his ship. The one thing that only Obi-Wan could give himself was nerve, the nerve not to back out of a tight spot. That He had plenty of.

The time came and the race began. It was a race of five times around the planet on a set course that had been cleared so as not to interupt the normally heavy air traffic. The estimated time of the fast ships to round the planet was close to twenty minutes a lap.

In the begining of the race the pace was set. Lo-Lang rushed out to the front of the pack. Obi-Wan was right on his tail, using the K'dian's ship as a break wind. Not far Behind them were Antilles and Fu-Ahn, She used his ship the same way Obi-Wan was using Lo-Lang's. It was surprising how much space there was between these four and the other six ships in the race.

They neaver let up for a moment. The lead ships were afraid if they shiffted positons to use the other ships as wind breaks they would loose their leads. Obi-wan and Fu-Ahn Knew exactly what they were doing and waited for the last lap to make their moves.

As they neered the last quater before the finish line Fu-Ahn streeked out in front of Antilles and the two of them passed Lo-Lang and and Obi-Wan. That was what Obi-Wan had been waiting for. He pushed his fighter to the max moving under the three ships in front of him to take the lead.

The others were not going to stand for that and went all out to catch up to the jedi. Because he had stayed in the lead for most of the race Lo-Lang's ship didn't have enough umph to keep pace with the others and he fell back.

Fu-Ahn and Antilles were right on Obi-Wan's tail. It seemed as if Fu-Ahn would pass him when both she and Antilles were hit with a strange wave of turbulance and thier ships almost collided. They had to take the split second that it would take to keep from hitting each other, giving Obi-Wan enough of an advantage to win the race.

As Obi-Wan's ship crossed the finish line his cadet friends cheered and whooped. The O'Daki ran out to congradulate thier friend. The other pilots were thinking.

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Just for roomies...
    'The Boy Must Die.'

(This is way stolen from Emerald Forest.)

Some months later.

Sleep came as a relief thert day. For some reason Qui-Gon had chosen the day before his padawan's eighteenth birthday to repeatedly review every fighting technique the apprentice knew.

Then the master seemed to almost badger Kenobi about jedi philosophy. Obi-Wan thought he'd neaver been so tired. He had been pushed close to his physical and mental limits. As always, when he didn't uderstand his master's actions, he thought it must be a test.

Obi-Wan neaver exspected that in the middle of the night, he's be grabbed by two knights, and at the behest of Master Windu, dragged to the council chambers.

He couldn't figure out what he was in trouble for this time, and why they were being so adiment that he go now. In the hall outside of the council chamber he saw Qui-Gon standing with a few other masters.

"Master?" Obi-Wan said with a 'help me' look on his face as they still dragged him into the council chambers.

"I can not help you in this padawan." Qui-Gon said firmly but in a gentle voice. "Your on your own this time."

Inside the council chambers Obi-Wan noticed seven other padawans around his age were there as well. Five boys and two girls. For some reason, the masters and a handfull fo lknights were being VERY menacing towards them all.

Master Windu said their names, as if they were veing charged with something.

'What is going on?' Obi-Wan thought to himself.

"Die they must." Master Yoda suddenly said.

"Die they must." The others echoed.

'This is insane.' Obi-Wan thought, but showed no outward sign of fear, except maybe a faster breathing rate. Some of th eother padawan's gasped. One girl let a tear roll down her face.

the other girl asked. "Masters, what have we done?"

"Silence!" Yoda snapped.

'Indeed.' Obi-Wan wondered. 'What had they done?'

Mace approached the girl who had questioned them. "Are you ready to die?"

"I don't understand, but I am a jedi, if I must die I will."

"The girl must die." The Masters and knights said in unison.

What was going on?

Obi-Wan and anorher boy took agressive steps forward as if they were going to defend the girl.

"Get back in line!" Mace snapped. "It is her time not yours, yet."

"This is not happening." One boy muttered to himself as they took the girl to another room. This went on with all of the padawans. Each assumeing the worst had befallen the ones before them.

Obi-Wan happened to be the last. Master Windu approached. "Are you ready to join the others? Are you prepared to die?"

Obi-Wan swallowed hard. Part of him wanted t fight, but he was a jedi. "If I must." He said with a ring of sadness in his voice.

"The boy must die!" They all said.

As with the others, Obi-Wan was brought to the next room.

"Kneel boy." Mace said.

Obi-Wan knelt.

"Afraid to die?"

"No, master." The padawan said with resolve now.

"The boy must die." Yoda said.

Master Windu activated his light saber. Ob-Wan was still confused as to why they wanted him dead, but he would not flinch. The blade of the saber rushed toward his neck, still he did not flinch.

The blade did not however kill him. It did not cut his head off. It stopped only a papers width from his neck.

"The boy must die." Yoda said again.

The blade of the saber scorched the side of Obi-Wan's neck, but it far from killed him. It hurt though, oh did it hurt.

"The boy is dead." Mace said.

"The man is born." Yoda said "Rise Obi-Wan Kenobi, let the world greet the man who is born today."

Still slightly bewildered, Obi-Wan stood as they gave him instructions on what behavior was now unacceptable. He could no longer act as a boy he was now a man.

When they were finished they indicated he should go out of one of the doors. He wobbled towards it and out to the hall where Qui-Gon stood waiting.

"So, how do you feel?" Qui-Gon smiled. "Young Man."

"That..." Obi-Wan glared, "is a dirty trick."

"One that all jedi must face."

"Yes Master.
    Look f

7. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Epilogue? Yes!!!!

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Just to let you know, I started my new story called 'To Stand Alone' last night. I'd still like any coments on this story. I'm sure there are other scenes I could have put in but I neaver wrote them. Part of the last sections were not written down before, like the whole court part.

9. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I just wanted to push this story back up because I think some new people, like me when I first started reading here, don't change the thing that shows posts older than five days.

10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I had lost track of this thread and was so excited when I saw it again, but to my shock I found it was only two posts away from the end.
    jodiwent, your story was awesome and I'm sad to see it end.

I guess the only thing I can do now is go find To Stand Alone

11. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    I loved this story and I can't wait to read your next one Obi-Wan is just a very cool fighter-pilot =)

12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    In case you missed this. Someone reading new story mentioned it.

13. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    jodiwent, thanks for the link. This was a terrific story!

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Sending this up so it will go to snowboard. My other stories are linked to it! Better get the printer started!

15. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Just in case someone new sees this and gets hooked. Or if links to other stories aren't working. Up.

16. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    I'm posting on this so I can find it easier to finish reading later.

17. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    some parts of posts are lost. just thought you should know.

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Yhea in the very begining some is missing.
    Been busy with three other stories in progress to fix it and one of them has missing parts too. I really can only post anyting long very late at night so have been writing new instead of reposting,,, Bad me... so if I quit my job anytime soon I might fix it.

Someone showed me how to use word but I soon forgot.

If anyone really wants those parts e-mail me and I'll try to send.

19. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I found your complete story in the old forum. It's at http://www.theforce.net/forum/Forum16/HTML/000033.html. :)

20. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I may as well give this one a boost, in case someone missed it.

21. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    jodiwent, can you send the entire thing to me? I meant to ask b4, but I lost this thread. :(