main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Unifying Light: A Massive Cross-over RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediMasterBranondias, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterBranondias

JediMasterBranondias Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2003
    IC as Ambrose

Sweat beaded up on Ambrose's brow as he succeeded in slowing the mechanical beasts down. He had no intention of harming them, but seeing as they were originally hell-bent on destroying each other he had to do something.

Out of his peripherial he noticed several others starting to arive in the field surrounding the Krono: a tall, muscular male with spiky, black hair, another male with black hair and silvery eyes, and a small red-headed girl who lay curled up on the ground. Apart from this he noticed and could feel the animosity and confusion growing from the group that had already arrived around him. Was it supposed to be this difficult? he wondered exasperated.

He slowly began to loosen his hold over the "Gundams", just in case they would try to attack each other again, and began to speak slowly, "As I said before my name is Ambrose Dalca and you all are on Adonis. If everyone will please remain calm and group together here in front of me, I expect you two in the suits will need to exit them and come down here and join us, I will explain everything."

He thrusted the unaccepted bottle of Arvoir to the spiky haired male nearest him, "Please..."

TAG: Kamille, Simon, Bardock, and Everyone

2. FoolyCooly

FoolyCooly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2008
    IC: Dengar

Dengar began to grow impatient. The more showed up, the more impatient he became. He clenched his jaw trying to restrain himself. Staring, unblinking, at the human before him he wondered what a human would need of an... Am I truly Orc? He thought, remembering the echoes in his head You are a monster... The memory lashed at his brain. "Get on with it." He snarled. The others needed to gather before he lost what remained of his patience.

Tag: Everyone.

3. ActRaiser

ActRaiser Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2008
    Merlin looked at the orc, wondering himself."I don't know. You look like you could be from home... But these machines look like the work of otherworldly people."

Tag: Denkar.

4. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Bardock

Bardock snatched the bottle of the strange substance from the man offering. He looked at the bottle, then at the man with suspicion and anger.

He was destuction-hungry, but also observant. What was given was probably some sort of healing potion, judging from the reactions from the others. Seeing there was no other medical option, he might have to consume, although still weary.

As much as he wouldn't admit it, he was weak. He was going to need his strength for...whatever this guy had planned, seeing as he brought him here for a reason.

Seeing no other choice, he downed the potion in one gulp, and then casually threw it away to break, his chi-based strength sending it at high speeds to the distance.

And then came the rush. The warm, flowing of his blood. He could feel his chi flowing like a torrent. His muscles began to ease, then harden like rocks. He relished the power, sighing in gratification.

Now able to stand fully erect, he stared at the man responsible with a hardened gaze of suspicion, boring into him. "You better have a good reason for bringing me here," he said gruffly, still angry from the fact of his failure, and now not being able to see his son again, most likely.

TAG: Ambrose, any

5. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    IC as Ambrose

Ambrose watched as the jade flask his mother had given him long ago as an heirloom before she passed away, shattered into a million tiny pieces against a rock far away. He cringed and felt twinge of irritation sweep through his body, but he withheld his anger as he decided there were far more important issues at hand. At the same time he tentatively released his hold on the two "Gundams" so that he might give his full attention to the task at hand hoping that they would not continue to pursue their brawl any long, but cautious in case they did.

Ambrose sighed as the flow of energy ceased to leave his body and he turned and surveyed all those surrounding him. An ethereal glow radiated over each one as he took them all in; each with a different story and background, but each with the same confusion and frustration running through their minds--he could sense it's palpable presence within his own mind. He hoped what he was about to say would not erupt any more unnecessary fights.

"As I said before several times, my name is Ambrose Dalca, and you have been brought to the realm of Adonis. This planet that you now stand foot on is the center of all worlds. Through this massive energy source here, the Krono," he said, pointing at the massive, brilliant sphere behind him, "each planet, including each of your own, is connected together in a chain of power and is given life and sustenance, and essentially kept from deteriorating and falling apart. Without the Krono life on your worlds would cease to exist. That includes everything from the plants and animals that compromise your lands, to the people and buildings that dwell and are erected on its surface. I myself am the last remaining guardian of this planet and energy source, and trust me, I don't take my responsibility lightly."

"I am a son of the Gods, the offspring of a human mother and spiritual father. I myself, and 6 others were placed here eons ago to protect the most valuable treasure of all dimension. However there was one among us, Kale, who was obsessed with learning about the edgier, darker sides of his abilities and using them to make his greater than all. He became so consumed with this task that he believed that the only way to truly this would be to have complete control over the Krono. When we would not relinguish our talismans, the objectst that acted as keys to the energy source, he attempted to take them by force. He killed all the other guardians in a vicious and brutal massacre, and nearly succeeded in doing away with me, but I managed to subdue him with the last remnant of my power and cast him into the lowest pits of hell."

"Gathering my fallen comrades (and Kale's) talismans, I consulted the Gods on who best to entrust them to in order to properly safeguard their whereabouts. They picked 6 different champions from various worlds to guard these treasures with their lives. Years upon countless years passed from that day and all was peaceful and untroubled until today."

"Somehow, the enemy of all existence escaped from his prison, and with greater power than before, ambushed me here on Adonis and stole my talisman. With it he can now transport himself among the different worlds, and I believe in doing so he intends on seeking out the 6 other champions and taking their talismans by deadly force. If he does so he will be able to enter the Krono itself and control and form every world everywhere however he sees fit."

"That is why you all have been summoned here by the Krono; the very existence of life everywhere is at stake. Kale is too powerful for me to defeat on my own so I asked the Krono to gather for me a group of warriors who were both competent and strong enough to aid me in this ordeal."

"I know that many of you feel that this does not concern and would rather be sent back home immediately. If that is the case and you cannot commit then you may leave this very instant. However, I beg you each to consider this, if Kale is not stopped, and it will take each of you to do this, the homes you love and cherish will soon

6. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    "So.... This is why I have been released from the Sky Castle... To save the universe. Interesting... How are you interested in going to Logres to recruit more help for your cause? I know of some mighty warrior magicians that can help us to fight"

Tag: Ambrose.

7. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

'Home? I have no home anymore...' was all that Bardock thoght from Ambrose's rhetoric.

Then came the memories. How he found his team mates dead by Dodoria's hand. How he missed his opportunity to see his son one last time. Seeing his home and his race destroyed before his very eyes.

Then came another. The vision of the future...of Kakarott fighting Freeza. Of his own son winning...

..what inspired him to challenge him the tyrant. He had been blocking these future sights, in fear of seeing something that would make his life that more miserable.

Now, he was having this opportunity. To redeem himself, like his son said he would. To save the universes itself.

He was still reluctant about seving this guy...but he had to. He had an option, but to him, there was no other.

He wasn't a tyrant like Freeza.

He saw that when he threw the flask, the one offering was a bit ticked, judging from his reaction. He could start changing now. "Sorry about that. Lost control there..."

Now his saiyan instincts kicked in, his others taking a backseat. He had heard of this Kale's power. "So, how strong is this guy?"

TAG: Ambrose

8. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    IC as Ambrose

Ambrose had noticed the expressions change on everyone's faces as he recanted his tale. He had also felt their emotions flucuate--some wildly, others more passive and controlled in their feelings. He could easily enter their minds and find out exactly what they were thinking, but decided not to as he respected them as individuals and would not invade their personal thoughts unless given permission.

Surprisingly, a few people spoke up rather quickly. First was the elderly man in dark-blue robes, Merlin.

"So.... This is why I have been released from the Sky Castle... To save the universe. Interesting... How are you interested in going to Logres to recruit more help for your cause? I know of some mighty warrior magicians that can help us to fight"

Ambrose smiled, pleased that the man seemed willing to help, but shook his head, "The Krono chose you all, and only you here, for a reason. For each of you have a purpose in saving our existence that no other can fulfill."

The dark, spiky haired male spoke up, "Sorry about that. Lost control there..."

Ambrose nodded warmly, "That's alright, it was a gift from my mother, but their are more important things to concern myself over at the moment. Besides, all the memory I could ever need of her is right in here," he finished, pointing to his head.

The man continued, "So, how strong is this guy?"

Ambrose cringed, "Kale? He's strong, very strong. More so than any one individual here, and that is an understatement."

TAG: Merlin, Bardock, Everyone

[b]GM NOTE[/b]

[color=darkblue]I will go into an explanation of Kale's power soon. I want everyone that has not to read my last big post so that they can catch up and reply as it is very important. Also, sorry about that last big post being choppy and un-edited. I had to post it in a hurry for I was between classes.

Let me know what you guys think so far![/color]

9. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    "More powerful than I? This is truly troublesome... I know I have my equals, but there is an assume plateau of power on my world. I have trouble understanding why he has not already challenged all the opposition of his world."

Tag: No one in particular.

10. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

Bardock wasn't truly troubled with this news. He had already been humbled by Freeza, a reminder that he wasn't the strongest even in his world.

Fightning back more visions of the future (as if he needed them now. They were more of a hindrance than a help. Far more), he now looked to the rest of the group.

"Heh," Bardock smirked a bit. "Don't you think you could've picked people more....powerful?" He was still cocky, as a saiyan would be.

TAG: Ambrose, all

11. FoolyCooly

Jun 4, 2008

Dengar ignored the mage, after all... It was magisters whom did this to him. His face remained in a glare. He's lucky the Burning Legion never learned of this place... He thought. "Then you must be a decedent of the Titans... ?" Dengar asked, his voice hoarse and growling. He stood unchanging, like a statue. Hopefully by performing this task I can gain favor...

TAG: Everyone.

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    IC: Simon

"Of course I'm human!" Simon heard the other pilot reply. That was strange, the machine in front of him only had one face, and it wasn't talking. "What else would I be?"

Simon was about to respond, but stopped short to ponder just what was going on. "Never mind," the other pilot continued, "Wait, if you don't know what a Titan is... than you must be from another world, just like Ambrose said. Or your with Axis. You're not with Axis, correct?"

Simon scratched his head, "I don't know what an Axis is either. Another world? What's an Ambrose?" he asked, becoming increasingly more confused.

"As I said before my name is Ambrose Dalca and you all are on Adonis. If everyone will please remain calm and group together here in front of me, I expect you two in the suits will need to exit them and come down here and join us, I will explain everything." Simon heard a voice from below.

Feeling the Gurren-Lagann respond to his spiral energy once more, after seeing a man throw something on the ground, Simon decided it might be best to meet this person face to face. Focusing his spiral power, he pulled Lagann out of Gurren, the helmet retracting back into Gurren's possesion, as the Gurren's arms and legs retracted slightly to give it the original stubby look it always had. Dead without a pilot inside of it, Gurren stood silently while Lagann, about the size of the Gurren-Lagann's head, with proportionately stubby arms and legs, jumped from atop Gurren, landing with a thud in a clearing next to Ambrose. The brain patterned armored canopy retracted, revealing Simon sitting back with Boota on his shoulder.

Simon nodded as Ambrose finished his speech. While he didn't speak up right away, he did think about it heavily. He wanted to get back to Nina, to find out what happened to her, but he suspected that if he didn't help out here...he may not have a home to return to.

"Who cares how powerful this Kale guy is, Simon finally spoke up. He's nothing that all of us can't handle." he stated, confidently and with a wicked grin on his face. Boota, on his shoulder, nodded excitedly.

TAG: EVERYONE

IC: Lucy

Upon hearing the noises around her, Lucy finally raised herself and dried the tears that had began to stream down her face. She didn't understand why, all of a sudden, she was happy to be alive. All these years she'd been filled with hatred and fear. Hatred towards the humans who misunderstood her, fear towards Kohta discovering what she had done. And yet, in one simple gesture of kindness, she'd felt at least the fear and some of the anger slip away.

Upon Ambrose's call to gather, she slowly made her way towards the mysterious man, listening to his story. This wasn't about humans versus diclonius. This was about everyone's survival. Most importantly, if she didn't accept that she was called here for a reason, Kohta might perish. And she could never have that weight on her soul again. She would help, if not for humans or diclonius, she would do it for Kohta.

Silently, she stood towards the back of the group, watching the spectacle of everyone announcing their aid.

TAG: GM, Anyone

13. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    IC as Ambrose

"Who cares how powerful this Kale guy is, Simon finally spoke up. He's nothing that all of us can't handle."

Ambrose appreciated the young man's enthusiasm and seeming acceptance on aiding him in this task, but he was certain that none of them fully understood just how terrible Kale's power was or just how imperative was the situation. His beliefs were confirmed as the dark-haired "Saiya-jin" spoke up,

"Don't you think you could've picked people more....powerful?"

Ambrose's face became stern and emotionless as he turned and looked at Bardock, "As I said the Krono picked who should be here to aid in this fight. I had no choice in the matter, and I believe, that everyone here will play equally active and important roles in the future. Strength will have nothing to do with it, only our combined efforts and knowledge can help us."

"Then you must be a decedent of the Titans... ?" he heard the orcish male say.

"No, just the son of a god and human mother. With that I have inherited certain abilities unlike ordinary humans or other beings, but even that will not help me defeat Kale."

The only one that did not speak, was the small, red-headed girl who stood quietly and intently listening on the edge of the group. She seemed frightened, but at the same time relieved to be there. For some reason, he admired her.

After all the talk Ambrose closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. He knew that those assembled there would not be able to truly understand Kale's power unless he did something to show them visually.

Opening his eyes he took them all in and made a decision, "Ok, I want you to attack me. Don't ask questions, don't hesitate, just attack me with all that you have. You will understand soon enough."

14. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    "Sure... sure..." Merlin said.... He began to run away with a teleportation spell....

Tag: Ambrose.

15. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

"Huh," Bardock nearly scoffed in impatience at Ambrose's response. "You don't need intelligence to be a good fighter...."

Ambrose then said something that made his ears perk up in interest. "Ok, I want you to attack me. Don't ask questions, don't hesitate, just attack me with all that you have. You will understand soon enough."

He was about to protest his decision...but he then digressed, smirking instead.

Who was he to complain? This was a ripe opportunity for a fight. He wasn't going to pass this up.

As one-sided as it would be.

"Fine...you asked for it! HRAAAAAH!" Bardock then shot off like a bullet, aiming for a right cross on Ambrose's face. One could clearly see the bright blue trail of chi that followed his flight, it being hot to the touch.

TAG: Ambrose

16. FoolyCooly

Jun 4, 2008

Dengar watched in amusement. These fools had no idea how to wage war. The most important thing is to know the enemy's strength... This was a rather stupid way to learn it. Though he did acknowledge the humanoids' willingness to fight, he could not help but pity him for being so impulsive. Just like the Knights in the Class of Blood, his arrogance will gain him nothing. Dengar stood motionless to watch.

Tag: Everyone

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Kamille Bidan

So the other pilot didn't know what Axis Zeon was either. That confirmed it, this fellow was definitely not from Kamille's world.

Ambrose was busy explaining things to the group as Kamille manually opened his cockpit and lowered himself to the ground via a small cable he kept in his belt for just such an occurrence. As he descended, he thought about the various points the self-proclaimed demi-god was making. If his world was destroyed, that would mean the death of everyone he cared about, as well. Fa, Katz, Emma, Lieutenant Quattro, the AEUG forces, even Ensign Reccoa, who had defected: He didn't want any of them to die.

"I suppose I'm in as well," he replied, as he was about midway down. Which was not long before Ambrose said something rather interesting.

[i]"Ok, I want you to attack me. Don't ask questions, don't hesitate, just attack me with all that you have. You will understand soon enough."[/i]

Kamille stopped his descent. Surely the man was joking. No sane person took on two mobile suits armed, to say nothing of the others' abilities. Ambrose was either supremely confident or supremely naive.

Reluctantly, Kamille retracted the cable and repositioned himself inside the cockpit of Zeta Gundam. "I hope you know what you're doing..." he groaned over the loud speaker as he drew his Hyper Mega Launcher. It seemed like overkill, but Ambrose had insisted on going all out, and as far as Kamille's firepower went, nothing quite matched the beam "sniper rifle". Carefully placing Ambrose inside the crosshairs, he reluctantly pulled back on the trigger, and fired.

[b]TAG:[/b] Ambrose

18. JediMasterBranondias

Feb 27, 2003
    IC as Ambrose

Ambrose closed his eyes snd gathered a large amount of energy up within himself from the area around him; it only took him a few seconds. In a flash his surroundings slowed down to a crawl and everything seemed to nearly stop before him. In that instant he raised one hand and with his mind deflected the laser from the Gundam away from himself into a nearby formation of rocks. He then turned the remainder of his energy towards the minds of Bardock, and the others that were attacking, and with full force forced his way into their minds taking hold of their bodies from the inside, paralyzing all those that were within range.

The passage of time returned to normal, there was a large explosion somewhere to his left, but his mental hold over the others remained constant.

19. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    Merlin continued to fly away from Ambrose... He hoped he could get away completely, but he didn't know this plane. He continued to flee until he could see some different surroundings... If an exclamation point appeared over his head it would explain his emotions perfectly. Now, he didn't know how to get back to his home plane. Something must have been blocking his powers.

20. InsaneIsta

InsaneIsta Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2008
    Van shook his head. :Trying to control me are you.: Van put up his mental shields while tapping into the closest node.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.