main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Uprising- NJO AU - J/J, Tahiri, Jacen, H/L, L/M, Fels, ect. Completed 1/12- Cover Art 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Excellent update, FelsGoddess! :) Looking forward to see what the Jedi have up their sleeves next. I like your Jacen--why'd they have to turn him dark? :p

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting, well-detailed action!! :D :D

Liked how Jacen was torn about the dhuryam but not paralyzed into inaction.

Thank you for giving Tahiri great screen time.

And the Han/Leia scene -- always a treat. :)

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm using Tahiri a lot more than I thought I would.

You write her well, so it's okay :)

She's more Jacenish, I suppose.

That's the feeling I get!

They aren't Force-sensitive.

I'm...just really slow sometimes *headdesk*

Chapter 16

The Vong they had encountered so far were overtaken easily. They had been lucky to avoid seeing any Shapers.

That?s because a team of Jacen and Tahiri is win. :D

A coufee appeared in his other hand. Tahiri started to twist away-

When an emerald blade plunged through the Vong from behind.

I?ll say it again (and probably say it in the future too) ? your expertise may not be in writing action, but you don?t do a bad job at it.

Jacen had never spoken to anyone about all the details of his time with the Yuuzhan Vong, but he had mentioned to her that he had formed a partnership with one of the dhuryams and had murdered the others for it.

?Jacen, you have to kill it. You have to kill it to save everyone,? Tahiri said gently.

THIS is the Jacen we see before the end of the NJO. This is the Jacen we had all come to love. I agree with Tahiri of course, but how can a person claim to follow their moral path when they will kill one to save another? It?s different when someone?s attacking you; the dhruyam was created to be that way.

Jacen makes us care for such Vong creatures. You portray that well here.

Jaina looked up and froze. Staring at her was the likeness of Yun-Yammka, the Slayer. Jaina was suddenly assaulted with images of the worldship over Myrkr.

Taunting her. The past never goes away :(

Got any detonators left??

?Of course,? Jaina responded with a grin. She held up one. ?Let?s have some fun.?

That made me grin, both times I read it.

I really enjoyed reading Han?s thoughts as he watched his grandchildren. They?re so Han and absolutely adorable. It was also great to know that he really has accepted Jag as his son-in-law.

Hot ash and smoke were the first scents to enter Tahiri?s conscious. Next, she felt burning. Her eyes shot open. She could see orange flames. She frantically tried to stand up, but there was a weight on her legs.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call a problem. ;)

I am glad that not only did they make it out alive, but the overall mission was a success.

It WILL be their home again. A gorgeous home for them and their families.

4. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    When Luke had told him what he had planned, Han called him crazy. He wasn?t surprised though; Luke always came up with hair-brained schemes. Of course, Han could be accused of that. The difference , Han felt, was that his usually worked.

Well, most of the time.

You know, now that you mention it, even though Han can be accused of having hair-brained schemes, his usually do work out much better than Lukes. Must be that Solo luck.

Got any detonators left??

?Of course,? Jaina responded with a grin. She held up one. ?Let?s have some fun.?
    [face_laugh] Loved that part. Pure Solo sarcasism in the heat of battle.

Great post, lots of great action and loved Han with the kids.

=D=

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Master_Jaina1011
    Wow that was one action packed chapter!!!
    It was actually one of my favorite parts.

I love how you had Jacen be torn about killing the dhuryam. At least they did it and they basically helped retake Yavin!
    I wanted to pull in some Traitor Jacen.

Jaina and Kyp...and explosives. laugh

It's effective. ;)

And ouch third degrees burn! *wince*
    great job as usual!

Thanks very much.

smash128
    Wooo finally caught up on all this since last I read your fic happy .
    Thank you!

Loved the moment with Jacen, Tahiri and the dhuryam. Will this affect Jacen in a way or will he shrug it off and go "Hey Tahiri want to hear a joke" :p just kidding lol
    It was an example of his past resurfacing.

I also loved the relationship you showed of Jacen and Tahiri. It goes beyond just friendship, not really a romantic relationship either. Maybe it is because they have a kind of bond that they had almost similar experiences they've had; her near perfect shaping as Riina, and his conditioning by Vergere, their loss of Anakin. Maybe Im just talking nonsense, but thats the impression Im getting, or thats how I always envisioned it.
    Oh definitely. They work well as almost brother-sister, but not quite.

Overboard4aFel
    Wow- That was fun!
    Glad you enjoyed. :)

Enjoyed Jacen/Tahiri action, there- Like the fact that she has the pain of Anakin still, but not to the point of inactivity and vulnerability that LOTF gave her.
    She's moved on.

Jaina/Kyp-
    Whoop! Would have loved to see that action!

Picture lots of booms and fire. :p

And Han's little repast- Yeah, sure- his hair-brained ideas work just as often as Luke's- He can stop fooling himself...
    [face_laugh]

Lady_Jedi93
    dancing A great story filled with action packed awesomeness! applause I would love to be added to your PM list hugs
    You're on it. Thank you very much.

JediMara77
    Excellent update, FelsGoddess! happy Looking forward to see what the Jedi have up their sleeves next. I like your Jacen--why'd they have to turn him dark? :p
    There will be no dark side Jacen here. Thank you!

Jade_eyes
    Riveting, well-detailed action!! grin grin
    Thank you.

Liked how Jacen was torn about the dhuryam but not paralyzed into inaction.
    Two parts of him were warring with each other.

Thank you for giving Tahiri great screen time.
    She's wormed her way into the story more than originally planned. :p

And the Han/Leia scene -- always a treat. happy
    They're certainly are. Thank you very much.

SWpants666
    That?s because a team of Jacen and Tahiri is win. grin
    Exactly. :D

I?ll say it again (and probably say it in the future too) ? your expertise may not be in writing action, but you don?t do a bad job at it.

Thanks. One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Hopefully. You've been an immense help with that. :)

THIS is the Jacen we see before the end of the NJO. This is the Jacen we had all come to love. I agree with Tahiri of course, but how can a person claim to follow their moral path when they will kill one to save another? It?s different when someone?s attacking you; the dhruyam was created to be that way.
    Jacen makes us care for such Vong creatures. You portray that well here.

In an odd way, his views and character in NJO have been more of an influence than anything else. All the books have helped, but Traitor was the one that truly solidified many elements for this story.

I really enjoyed reading Han?s thoughts as he watched his grandchildren. They?re so Han and absolutely adorable. It was also great to know that he really has accepted Jag as his son-in-law.
    Han is just so... Han. I don't know any other way to say it. [face_laugh]

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call a problem. wink
    [face_laugh] Yup.

I am glad that not only did they make it out alive, but the overall mission was a success.
    It WILL be their home again. A gorgeous home for the

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Seventeen

Danni dropped a chunk of rock on the steel lab table with a clang. Telma looked up from her datapad, raising an eyebrow. The rock had sharp, jagged edges and was almost black in color. Tiny silver flecks of metal scattered the surface. The bottom of the rock was reddish-orange.

?Feel up to a new project?? Danni asked excitedly as she pushed her hair out of her face.

?What is that??

?This,? Danni said, voice dropping to a whisper, ?Is a piece of Csilla.?

Telma?s eyes widened in shock. Last they had heard, the Chiss weren?t allowing the Alliance or Empire?s scientist to remove pieces of the planet. ?How did you get that??

Danni gestured to her office. She threw a cloth over the rock, and then led Telma inside. She sat down behind her desk. Telma took one of the chairs in front of it.

?It?s imperative that you don?t tell anyone else; the Alliance doesn?t trust the Chiss scientists to give us any accurate information. This is a piece of the planet our team took, well stole, from the wreckage. If anyone asks, it?s an asteroid,? Danni explained.

?Of course,? Telma responded. She truly enjoyed her work with Danni. Aside from their work with the slave seeds, she had helped Danni with jammers and weaponry experiments. When she wasn?t helping Danni, she was working in the medical facility. ?What are we looking for??

?Anything Vong-like. Not only do we need to find out how the planet was destroyed, but why. I?ve got the research on some datacards. I?ll make copies for you,? Danni said. ?First I?m running a sediment analysis.?

?Should we put it in some kind of quarantine?? Telma asked. ?If it is infected with some type of Vong-creature, couldn?t it escape??

?If whatever it is can survive in a vacuum, there?s nothing we can do,? Danni responded with a shrug. ?Nothing happened during the transfer. It?s not the way I would conduct the moving of something like this, but no one asked me.?

Danni pressed a few keys on her data terminal, and then ejected a card. She handed it to Telma, ?Here?s everything I have.?

?What do you want me to do?? Telma asked as she took the card and pocketed it.

?Would you mind running some scans? I need a cross reference image, too,? she said. ?We?ll have to work on this at night. Do you have time??

?Not a problem.?

?Telma, do you do anything other than work?? Danni asked, head cocked to one side.

Telma chuckled, ?Do you??

?I guess not,? Danni responded with a laugh. ?When this war is over, I?m taking a long vacation.?

?Great idea. Any suggestions??

?Some tropical resort hidden away from the rest of the galaxy. Know of any?? Danni said as she stood from the desk.

?I?ll keep my ears open,? Telma responded.

?Sounds like a plan. Come on. The testing center should be empty by now. Let?s go run that analysis,? Danni snatched a tool packet from a shelf by her desk and walked out the door, Telma following.

?I?ll make some caf,? Telma offered. ?I have a feeling we?re going to be here awhile.?
    Danni gave her a dubious nod. She checked the lab for other occupants. Once she saw it was empty, she removed the cloth and began to work.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ?No.?

?Jedi Veila, scar removal is a simple procedure. If you will just-?

?I said no. I?ll keep the scars,? Tahiri insisted. She sat on the examination table with her arms crossed over her chest. Her eyebrows were narrowed in agitation. Her blonde hair was pinned away from her face. It was arranged artfully to hide the parts that were ruined in the fire.

?I understand that you want to keep the three on your forehead. I can work around those-?

?Are the scars going to cause any medical problems? No. My decision stands.?

The medic looked agitated. He ran a weary hand over his brow as he responded, ?If you insist, but I think it?s a mistake.?

Tahiri?s glare darkened. The medic turned to his supply cabinet and dug out a tube of salve. He handed it to her. ?Apply this three times a day to reduce irritation. Scratching open the healing skin will invite bacteria in.?

Tahiri accepted the t

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the Danni and Telma scene; great blend of ladies enthralled with their interesting work and also looking forward to a nice long vacation after [face_laugh]

The Tahiri scene [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Will you be pairing Tahiri with Jacen? If done right, that can be quite ... yummy. :) :)

Ah! Loved the techie /CSI feel of the last scene ;) more clues unraveled the better. :D

8. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    Great post =D= I love the blend of the mystery and the humor. Can't wait for more! Thanks for the PM @};-

9. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I love Ani. :) She's adorable!

10. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm really enjoying this story! You've got a nice mix of tech, action, drama, mush, and mystery, with some humor thrown in. It's done very well. It never feels like it's been pushed or dragged along...

Great job!

=D==D==D=

Looking forward to the next part!

O4aF

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    In an odd way, his views and character in NJO have been more of an influence than anything else. All the books have helped, but Traitor was the one that truly solidified many elements for this story.

He was just very true in the NJO. I think after that the authors deviated from the original idea of Jacen. At first it wasn?t totally OOC but in the end, that wasn?t the Jacen I grew to love.
    Yours is. :)

Chapter 17

?This,? Danni said, voice dropping to a whisper, ?Is a piece of Csilla.?

Just reading that is exciting :D

This part all flows better now :)

?When this war is over, I?m taking a long vacation.?

[face_laugh] would Danni know even how to take a vacation? :p

?Jedi Veila, scar removal is a simple procedure. If you will just-?

?I said no. I?ll keep the scars,? Tahiri insisted.

Oh my goodness, what part of ?no? is so difficult to understand? She?s not upset about the scars so the doctor shouldn?t be either.

?We know, but Anakin loved you,? Jaina said quietly as she stood.

?Did he ask you?? Tahiri said, voice trailing off.

?He didn?t have to,? Jaina told her.

No, of course he didn?t. Not only did Anakin love her, but she?s one of them anyway. A Jedi, a helper, someone who is there for them as well.

She knew that they would have stayed together. They would have worked together during Jedi missions, just like Luke and Mara. He would have helped her overcome her problems with Riina and she would have given him the support he needed to be a leader.

Yes. And only death would have tore them apart.

Zekk had had years of practice with stubborn women. He had learned the hard way that Solo women could not be reasoned with when they believed they were right.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh it is so true. Unfortunately, the stubbornness of a child is almost more difficult to ignore.
    Poor Zekk ;)

Ben usually caved in first when Ani was being difficult.

He probably learned from his father how to deal with stubborn women ? just let them do what they want :p

?Is something wrong?? Tionne?s voice called from the doorway. Zekk turned to her gratefully. He gestured to Ani, who still hadn?t moved. Tionne gave him a small nod and stepped forward.

Tionne is awesome. The way she works with children shows just how patient and understanding she is.

He?d trained with Jaina while she was on Csilla and assisted her when needed, which helped him to pass the first round of tests the training program offered. He was trying to bypass the entire regiment. He?d logged enough training hours with Jaina; he just had to pass the rest of the examinations.

I really like that. It makes me smile that someone who grew up with Chiss is relying on Jedi help. Granted, she?s family and Csilla?s now gone and all, but still ? it makes me smile. And I know that Cem will be amazing.

She eyed Cem, and Jag introduced him quickly. ?That?s my brother, Cem. He won?t say anything.?

*rolls eyes* yeah, like Jag would bring someone untrustworthy in

He didn?t know how his brother had managed to obtain the files, but he knew they were stolen. Jag handed it to Danni, who scanned it. Cem was surprised that his brother had not only taken the information but gave it up freely.

Yes, well?desperate times and all

?Sernpidal,? Cem mumbled, and then turned to face the others. ?It?s like that thing that pulled the moon down at Serpindal.?

Just reading that makes me sad.

?That?s why we were in Csillian space. As a Shaper transport, it didn?t have to put up much of a fight. Two dovin basals could have been ejected in some kind of pod. We know the Vong had such a thing. It would only take one warrior in each to pilot it to the right spot.

Stupid, stupid Vong.

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Enjoyed the Danni and Telma scene; great blend of ladies enthralled with their interesting work and also looking forward to a nice long vacation after laugh
    Danni always struck me as a workaholic.

The Tahiri scene dancing dancing Will you be pairing Tahiri with Jacen? If done right, that can be quite ... yummy. happy happy
    I don't think so. I can't decide if I want Jacen to end up with anyone or not.

Ah! Loved the techie /CSI feel of the last scene wink more clues unraveled the better. grin
    Thank you!

Lady_Jedi93
    Great post applause I love the blend of the mystery and the humor. Can't wait for more! Thanks for the PM rose
    I try to balance out the content. Thank you!

JediMara77
    I love Ani. happy She's adorable!
    She certainly is. Thank you!

Overboard4aFel
    I'm really enjoying this story! You've got a nice mix of tech, action, drama, mush, and mystery, with some humor thrown in. It's done very well. It never feels like it's been pushed or dragged along...
    I've been trying very hard to balance out everything and keep it at a good pace. Glad to hear its working. Thank you!

SWpants666
    He was just very true in the NJO. I think after that the authors deviated from the original idea of Jacen. At first it wasn?t totally OOC but in the end, that wasn?t the Jacen I grew to love.
    Yours is. happy

Agreed.

Just reading that is exciting grin
    This part all flows better now happy

*cues dramatic music* :p

laugh would Danni know even how to take a vacation? tongue
    Probably not. :p She'd probably start studying whatever was around her.

Oh my goodness, what part of ?no? is so difficult to understand? She?s not upset about the scars so the doctor shouldn?t be either.
    Some doctors. :rolleyes:

Oh it is so true. Unfortunately, the stubbornness of a child is almost more difficult to ignore.
    Poor Zekk wink

Oh yeah.

He probably learned from his father how to deal with stubborn women ? just let them do what they want tongue
    And yet, Luke probably still tried. :p

Tionne is awesome. The way she works with children shows just how patient and understanding she is.

I based that entire scene off of a child I used to work with. Actually, Ani is based off this one girl. She had a difficult home life, and every time she acted out in some fashion, that was usually how she was dealt with.

I really like that. It makes me smile that someone who grew up with Chiss is relying on Jedi help. Granted, she?s family and Csilla?s now gone and all, but still ? it makes me smile. And I know that Cem will be amazing.

He seemed like the perfect candidate.

*rolls eyes* yeah, like Jag would bring someone untrustworthy in
    :p

Yes, well?desperate times and all
    He's learned some Rogue maneuvers. ;)

Just reading that makes me sad.
    We need dancing Chewie right here to show up the planet.

Stupid, stupid Vong.
    Pretty much.

Thank you!

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Eighteen
    The humid air of Yavin IV stank with decomposing organic matter. Over the past week, the Jedi had been deconstructing the Shaper complexes. The now-dead debris had been decaying quickly. The liberated slaves were assisting the Jedi with the clean-up. Mirax Terrik-Horn had volunteered to transport the captives to the Alliance base. She was only able to take small groups at a time.

Jaina pushed a loose tendril of hair behind her ear as she climbed over a collapsed damatuk support. She held her ignited blade in the other hand. Lightsaber blades sliced through the dying material with little effort. Her shoulders ached from days of cutting and moving pieces. Sweat poured down her face and body.

?Jaina!? Nichos called. She turned to face him. He had removed his shirt and was tearing it into strips. Jaina jogged over to him. He was tying the strips around his knees where his pants had torn and around his hands. She could see blisters on his palms.

?You have to let the pieces cool first before touching them,? Jaina said wryly.

?I know, I know,? he responded and then gestured to the left of where they were standing.

?Some jungle creature is taking the remains.?

?Really? Do you know what they are??

?No idea, but I was thinking that if it?s not hurting them, let the local wildlife help us. Instead of you Jedi moving everything over to the stink pile, we can throw it over at the edge of the jungle,? Nichos suggested. ?Can?t you Jedi commune with animals or something??

Jaina chuckled, ?Let me find Jacen.?

She found Jacen standing in the lambet field. He was staring at one of the stalks intently, arms crossed across his chest. She could sense wistfulness and pain radiating off him.

?Jacen?? she asked gently. ?Is something wrong??

?I was just thinking,? he said, eyes locking with hers, ?about Anakin.?

?Me too,? she said quietly. She took his hand in hers. ?Remember when the Academy had to be rebuilt before? Anakin was the one that figured out the most effective way to put it back together. It?s not the same process, but it could give us a starting point.?

?He thought it was a puzzle,? Jacen added. Jaina nodded. She swiped her eye, where a tear had gathered. Jacen continued, ?I wonder if Mom and Dad kept the master file on the Falcon.?

?Probably. Dad never clears the computers,? Jaina said. She could already hear her father?s protests at such a suggestion. He claimed that everything stored in the Falcon?s memory gave it character.

?They?re at Phelope, right?? Jacen asked as he shot her a knowing look.

?Yeah.?

?Give them a call,? Jacen said, and then asked. ?What did you need??

?Oh, right. Nichos noticed some creature is taking the dead chunks of damutek into the forest, probably for dinner. He suggested we put the debris closer to the edge and encourage it to take it,? Jaina explained. ?I figured you would be able to figure out how to do that.?

Jacen nodded, ?Sure. I?ll take care of it. Go to the Shadow and try to raise Mom and Dad.?

?Thanks, Jace,? Jaina said as she walked away.

?Oh and Jaina??

?Yes?? She turned her head to look back at him.

?Say hello to Ani and Davin for me.?

Jaina smiled at him, nodded and continued towards the patch of land that served as a landing pad.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The children had been cooped up for three days. A torrential rainstorm had kept everyone inside. Han had taken Ani and Davin off of Syal?s hands for the afternoon. Their lessons had been canceled and they were bored.

Solo,? Han said as he answered his pinging comlink.

?There?s a transmission for you,? Wyn?s voice called over the speaker. She was handling most of the communication and security monitoring.

?From??

?Jaina.?

Two chairs clattered to the floor as Davin and Ani leapt from their chairs at the table across the room. They were supposed to be working on a lesson. Syal and Leia kept on the children to complete their coursework, but Han was willing to look the other way for now. After all, he was dete

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: @};-

Sad about Stav. :(

Really like Nichos -- he's a competent and compassionate team member :)

Loved the bits about Han never erasing anything [face_laugh] And Mara's comment that Leia's bored keeping all the kids in line, including Han ;) [face_mischief]

Ah!!!!!!! The J/J scene -- sweet, and I'm so glad, glad they'll be all together again. Jaina knows literally how Ani is feeling and Davin too and wants to have more family time. And the kids exuberantly jumping on their parents' bed first thing in the morning -- :D :D

15. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Probably not. :p She'd probably start studying whatever was around her.

hahaha Yep! Most likely

Chapter Eighteen

She could see blisters on his palms.

?You have to let the pieces cool first before touching them,? Jaina said wryly.

?I know, I know,? he responded

Heh. Sometimes impatience gets in the way.

?Probably. Dad never clears the computers,? Jaina said. She could already hear her father?s protests at such a suggestion. He claimed that everything stored in the Falcon?s memory gave it character.

[face_laugh] :D I can see Han saying/thinking that. It makes a lot of sense. I like!

The children had been cooped up for three days. A torrential rainstorm had kept everyone inside. Han had taken Ani and Davin off of Syal?s hands for the afternoon. Their lessons had been canceled and they were bored.

Aw, poor kids. I?m glad they can all spend time together though. That must be nice.

And mom calling is much more important than lessons. :D

He would never tamper with the Falcon?s memory systems. There was no guarantee it would work if he did.

I need the rofl smiley for this! [face_laugh]
    I love it. It still makes me smile.

?We need credits,? Luke mused.

Mara glanced at him from her seat at a computer terminal in the Shadow. ?When don?t we??

*snerk* true, true

I would like to see Jacen go to Hapes. I really wouldn?t mind seeing him & TK get together. ;)
    I just wouldn?t mind seeing TK some more :)

The most-tattooed female suddenly lunged forward, baring a sharp piece of coral, taking everyone by surprise. She thrust it into Stav?s back.

:( :( *cries*
    Poor, poor Stav

?Maddie is here and Abby,? Stav whispered, eyes growing glassy. ?They want me to come with them.?

*whimpers*
    I?m so very glad you added that though. He?s with his family.

Jacen squeezed his shoulder, ?Thank you, Nichos. We couldn?t have done this without you and Stav. He?ll be remembered.?

I like that. I don?t have a real comment for it, but letting you know it stuck out.

The sensation of Jaina?s body against his again was almost overwhelming.

WHY would you make me smile after what just happened?
    <3

?She asked the same in the message Cem brought,? he said warily. He couldn?t erase the image of his daughter?s pale green pleading eyes from his mind.

Oh children. They do know how to manipulate their parents.

?Jag, we have to do something. I know exactly how she feels. I was that child. She doesn?t understand what?s going on. Davin says he understands, but he must feel the same way,?

*nods* most likely. Poor kids *hugs them*

I?m just as excited that the kids are coming home! :)

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Hi: rose
    Hi. :D

Sad about Stav. sad
    He's in a better place now, at least. :(

Really like Nichos -- he's a competent and compassionate team member happy

Glad you like him.

Loved the bits about Han never erasing anything laugh And Mara's comment that Leia's bored keeping all the kids in line, including Han wink mischief
    Those two are so much fun to write. :p

Ah!!!!!!! The J/J scene -- sweet, and I'm so glad, glad they'll be all together again. Jaina knows literally how Ani is feeling and Davin too and wants to have more family time. And the kids exuberantly jumping on their parents' bed first thing in the morning -- grin grin
    Cute, isn't it?

Thank you!

SWpants666
    Heh. Sometimes impatience gets in the way.
    Certainly does.

laugh grin I can see Han saying/thinking that. It makes a lot of sense. I like!
    Shoot, if he removed one deck plate it would probably mess up. :p

Aw, poor kids. I?m glad they can all spend time together though. That must be nice.
    And mom calling is much more important than lessons. grin

Definitely.

I need the rofl smiley for this! laugh
    I love it. It still makes me smile.

Oh yeah, definitely need that one. Nobody can mess with the Falcon.

I would like to see Jacen go to Hapes. I really wouldn?t mind seeing him & TK get together. wink
    I just wouldn?t mind seeing TK some more happy

I can't decide what to do with him. :p I go back and forth.

*whimpers*
    I?m so very glad you added that though. He?s with his family.

Thank you. I thought it made him seem more realistic. It gives him a bit of a story.

Jacen squeezed his shoulder, ?Thank you, Nichos. We couldn?t have done this without you and Stav. He?ll be remembered.?
    I like that. I don?t have a real comment for it, but letting you know it stuck out.

Jacen seemed like the perfect person to use for that scene. I considered Tahiri or Luke, but Jacen just works for stuff like that.

The sensation of Jaina?s body against his again was almost overwhelming.
    WHY would you make me smile after what just happened?
    <3

:p

Oh children. They do know how to manipulate their parents.
    From birth, it seems.

I?m just as excited that the kids are coming home! happy

Yep, they are ready to cause some mayhem. :p

Thank you!

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Note: I realized that I had a couple parts ready to go, so here's another update.

Chapter Nineteen
    A lone figure sat at the steel table in a dim room. He was leaning back in a chair with his fingertips resting against his forehead. His face was gaunt, framed by ragged black hair. He was underweight. The most alarming sight, however, was the tortured grief in his eyes.

Jag sat across from Nichos, waiting patiently for him to continue speaking. Nichos had just arrived with the rest of the former slaves from Yavin IV. He?d asked to speak with Jag immediately. He had outlined his capture, captivity and fight alongside the Jedi. He had just finished speaking about Stav?s death.

Nichos closed his eyes slowly as he began to speak, ?I?d like to go back out there.?

His request didn?t surprise Jag. Nichos had been determined before, but after losing Stav, he was bordering recklessness. Jag leaned forward, resting his forearms on the table as he said, ?I think you need to take some time to deal with the events on Yavin IV before doing anything.?

?I?m fine. What am I suppose to do? Take a vacation at a Yuuzhan Vong pleasure resort?? he drawled. He slammed his palms on the table. ?Stav and I had agreed that when we finished on Yavin IV we would take another assignment. I know what the books say. I have to be reviewed and all that. I?m not going to do something stupid and get myself killed. I made a promise and I intend keep it.?

Jag believed him. Nichos?s determination was commendable, but he was still concerned. He?d seen many beings who had believed they would survive no matter what. Instead of shattering that illusion with Nichos, the death of Stav seemed to strengthen it. Jag couldn?t afford to send someone in that mindset into a high-pressure situation. He could use his help in another way, however.

?I?m not against sending you back, but I have a proposition. We have several groups preparing to head out. They?ve all had experience with the Vong, but talking with someone who succeeded their objective would help,? Jag said.

?How long would I have to stay?? Nichos asked warily.

?At least a month.?

Nichos gave him a look, ?I know what you?re doing.?

?Then refuse.?

?You know I can?t do that. I need your sign-off. I need your resources; you know that. Unless I want to die a pointless, pathetic death, I have to do what you say,? Nichos pointed out.

?So you agree.?

?Yes,? Nichos stated, and then asked in a friendlier tone, ?I?d like to do something for Stav. I know the military has canisters you can fill with mementos of the dead to launch into space. I don?t have the authority for one, nor do I have a ship.?

?Done,? Jag stated. ?Would you mind if we did something for the slaves that died on Yavin at the same time??

?You?ve been planning this.?

Jag nodded, ?Tomorrow at noon. Take this to the office next to the morgue to pick up Stav?s canister. Meet me at Docking Bay 398.?

Nichos took the datacard from Jag?s outstretched hand as he stood, ?I?ll see you tomorrow.?

Jag waved as Nichos left the room. He ran a hand over his face in frustration. He hated maneuvering Nichos, but he didn?t have a choice. Before meeting with Nichos, he had met with a senate representative who had heard about his operations. They had threatened to squash his operation because it wasn?t a ?practical use of funds or personnel.? Jag needed a success. He couldn?t use Nichos and Stav?s success on Yavin IV because it was seen as a Jedi operation in the end.

Jag was jarred out of his thinking as the sounds of giggling travelled through the door. He grinned as the door opened and two children ran in. He stood up and caught Ani as she raced through the room. He asked, ?What are you two up to??

?Mama has to work,? Ani stated as she crinkled her nose.

Jaina shot Jag an apologetic look, ?I?m sorry. We?ve been called away. I have to be at the briefing in ten minutes.?
    ?Trouble?? Jag asked with concern.

?Nothing major,? Jaina responded too casually. ?Kyp knows.?

Jag nodded slowly. It was worse than she let on, but she wasn?t goin

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Argh!!!!!!!!

That is so SAD! A "cynical five-year-old" :( :(

And "You didn't." ack!!! Every time one or both of his paretns leaves, Davin must have in the back, middle and front of his mind that they *probably* very likely won't come back. :_|

Ani may be having these same feelings but she's keeping them quiet.

[face_thinking]

LOL! Britna ... is she crushing on Jacen? ;)

Stellar having two updates so quickly. :)

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Jag led the chattering children to his office. Kyp was seated behind the desk, feet propped up as he read a datapad. He glanced up as they entered and said, ?Newest recruits??

[face_laugh] That's hysterical.

Good update! Poor Davin...and poor Jag!!! :(

20. Overboard4aFel

Aug 16, 2010
    [face_plain] [face_tired][face_worried] [face_hypnotized][face_praying] :( :_|

Exactly in that order at the end....

Gah!

And I just [face_love] Kyp!

There was enough humor in the forms of Kyp and Britna that the worry wasn't overwhelming...

Gah! Jaina better come back!!

[face_worried][face_worried]

Great read!

O4aF

21. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    I feel for Ani and Davin :_| they've already gone through so much and they're so young.
    Kyp is always great [face_love] and Jag teasing Jacen was hilarious. [face_laugh] Good job =D=

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Shoot, if he removed one deck plate it would probably mess up.

[face_laugh] so freaking true

I can't decide what to do with him. tongue I go back and forth.

I know! I said that about TK, but here I want to see him & Britna together. Rawr. Stupid emotions.

Chapter Nineteen

A lone figure sat at the steel table in a dim room. He was leaning back in a chair with his fingertips resting against his forehead. His face was gaunt, framed by ragged black hair. He was underweight. The most alarming sight, however, was the tortured grief in his eyes.

That entire description makes me want to cry. Knowing that it?s Nichos, someone who wasn?t like that before, is just devastating to read.

?I think you need to take some time to deal with the events on Yavin IV before doing anything.?

I agree. While I know Nichos wouldn?t be stupid about anything, he really needs to not rush headfirst into something. I know people hate it when others think that way, but hey, we?re just looking out for them.

I?m glad Jag had something useful for him to do that would allow him to heal as well as help others.

?I?d like to do something for Stav. I know the military has canisters you can fill with mementos of the dead to launch into space. I don?t have the authority for one, nor do I have a ship.?

?Done,? Jag stated. ?Would you mind if we did something for the slaves that died on Yavin at the same time??

I like that idea :)

?I?m sorry.? She whispered in his ear and kissed him.

I just had a flashback to how awkward they were with each other at the beginning of the fic. I?m extremely glad that they?ve not only got back in the swing of things, but their kids are around to be a part of it. I?m almost hoping for another kid too ;)

The flow of this is wonderful ? just thought I?d throw that out there.

Ani rummaging through Kyp?s drawers tickled me.
    I am surprised she didn?t tell Jag where to get it, or even what was going on.

Ani either didn?t understand or was ignoring the situation; he wasn?t sure which.

I don?t know which either!

Neither one wanted to take the kids to a babysitter unless absolutely necessary.

Which is understandable. But at least they don?t have to do it all the time, and it is a rare occurrence.

?Jacen!? a voice called. His head snapped up as Britna ran into him. She embraced him tightly. ?Are you okay? I heard you were hurt!?

:) Aw. I want them together now :p

Ah but children ruin everything :p

?Let?s get this over with. Danni?s questioning is going to last at least an hour.?

?She talks a lot?? Valin asked as they exited the hanger.

?Yes and no,? Jacen answered slowly. ?She?s more technical than what you?re used to.?

?Got it,? Valin responded, and then asked slyly, ?So, who was the brunette??

[face_laugh] all of it just makes me laugh. I love Valin :D
    And Danni, even with all her talking

Davin put down his brick and looked at Jag with serious eyes. ?Mom?s doing something dangerous.?

That boy really is too observant for his own sanity ? er?good.
    :( Poor Jag

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Argh!!!!!!!!
    That is so SAD! A "cynical five-year-old" sad sad
    And "You didn't." ack!!! Every time one or both of his paretns leaves, Davin must have in the back, middle and front of his mind that they *probably* very likely won't come back. cry
    Ani may be having these same feelings but she's keeping them quiet
    Davin's fears are more rooted than Ani's. He's older, so he remembers more. She's nervous too.

LOL! Britna ... is she crushing on Jacen? wink

Perhaps. ;)

Stellar having two updates so quickly. happy

I was looking at my files and it hit me that I had several posts ready to go. Figured I should update again. Thank you!

JediMara77
    Jag led the chattering children to his office. Kyp was seated behind the desk, feet propped up as he read a datapad. He glanced up as they entered and said, ?Newest recruits??
    laugh That's hysterical.
    Good update! Poor Davin...and poor Jag!!!

Fitting greeting. :p
    Glad you liked it. :) Thank you!

Overboard4aFel
    And I just love Kyp!
    He's a character I rarely like. Glad you like him.

There was enough humor in the forms of Kyp and Britna that the worry wasn't overwhelming...
    I had that scene with Britna in mind for awhile. I changed it a bit, but the basics were there.

Great read!
    Thank you!

Lady_Jedi93
    I feel for Ani and Davin cry they've already gone through so much and they're so young.
    Kyp is always great love and Jag teasing Jacen was hilarious. laugh Good job applause

Jaina was going to be in that scene, but it didn't work with what I needed to do. Thank you!

SWpants666
    I know! I said that about TK, but here I want to see him & Britna together. Rawr. Stupid emotions.

The only thing I know for sure is that it isn't going to be Tahiri. ;)

That entire description makes me want to cry. Knowing that it?s Nichos, someone who wasn?t like that before, is just devastating to read.

I kept thinking of Karkaroff in the Goblet of Fire movie when he talks to Snape about the Dark Mark. No idea why.

I agree. While I know Nichos wouldn?t be stupid about anything, he really needs to not rush headfirst into something. I know people hate it when others think that way, but hey, we?re just looking out for them.
    Exactly.

I?m glad Jag had something useful for him to do that would allow him to heal as well as help others.
    Helpful and a coping mechanism.

I like that idea happy

I hope this pushed the whole each person matters ideal.

I just had a flashback to how awkward they were with each other at the beginning of the fic. I?m extremely glad that they?ve not only got back in the swing of things, but their kids are around to be a part of it. I?m almost hoping for another kid too wink

My lips are sealed to their future. At least, on here. ;) I haven't written the ending out, but it's planned. The awkwardness was one of my favorite to write, for some reason.

The flow of this is wonderful ? just thought I?d throw that out there.

Thank you! I'm trying to keep a steady pace. I'm going to play around with that last bit I sent you to fix that.

Ani rummaging through Kyp?s drawers tickled me.
    I am surprised she didn?t tell Jag where to get it, or even what was going on.

That Jaina didn't tell him or Ani say what she was doing?

I don?t know which either!

She knows something is up, but she doesn't understand it.

happy Aw. I want them together now tongue
    Ah but children ruin everything tongue

Originally, that whole scene was going to be from Jaina's POV. It didn't work to have her there, though. I needed her elsewhere. I still wanted to include it, though.

laugh all of it just makes me laugh. I love Valin grin
    And Danni, even with all her talking

He's a teenage boy. He had to ask. :p

That boy really is too observant for his own sanity ? er?good.
    sad Poor Jag

He really is. :(

Thank you!

24. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Twenty
    Dead, decaying trees blocked the ancient forest path. Tahiri carefully held out an arm for balance as she climbed over the wreckage. If she put too much pressure on the trunks, she would fall through. Jacen walked in front of her, holding his emerald lightsaber blade in front of him. They were searching for stone bricks from a destroyed temple and scouting the area for anything useful or suspicious.

"It's right up here," Jacen said as he pointed to the northeast. Tahiri could see a jagged wall peaking through the forest. It was unknown exactly how the Temple had been wrecked. It had been in pieces for years.

"Have you been there before?" Tahiri asked. She and Anakin had found the Temple ruins, but hadn't entered. It?d had been a week before he left to be Luke?s apprentice. Anakin had promised he would come back and they would explore it.

?No,? Jacen replied as he sidestepped a spongy Vong growth. The Vong hadn't completely changed the moon, but had experimented on the landscape. Alien organisms intermingled with indigenous species. Tahiri wasn?t sure what they had run into. She assumed everything they had encountered were experiments.

They entered a clearing. The remains of a Sith Temple were piled haphazardly around the area. A purplish-green blob covered half the stones that were closest to the ground.

"It looks like a damutek mixed with a yammosk," Tahiri commented as they picked through the rubble. One of the benefits of working with Jacen was that she didn?t have to explain Vong-related matters. ?Probably some type of experiment.?

"It's still alive," he said. "It?s not hostile."

? Does it act like a yammosk?" Tahiri asked as she inspected a stone. It looked sturdy enough to move.

"No," Jacen said after a moment. "It just wants to grow. It's eating the stones."

? I wonder if it can survive on anything else," Tahiri thought aloud. She knew that Jacen wouldn't want to kill it, especially so soon after he had killed the dhuryam. She also knew that taking its food away wasn't an option for him. The Riina part of her didn't want to harm the creature either. It wasn?t hurting anyone at the moment. However, she knew if it proved to be hostile, they would have to kill it.

"I can't tell. It seems to like rocks the most. Maybe we can take some of them," Jacen mused.

"That should be fine. We can?t get to the ones it?s already covering anyway," she said. Thunder sounded overhead. She looked up as rain began to fall. "I hate these sudden storms."

?Come on. I see a cave up ahead!" Jacen shouted over the downpour. He grabbed her hand and led her through the rocks and forest. They ran onto a cobblestone path that once led to the Temple. Lighting crashed behind them. One of the dead trees caught on fire. The fire began to spread.
    Jacen pulled her inside the cave. They stumbled inside. It was dark, but dry. It was also safe from the lightning, the one part of storms that Tahiri disliked. She started to move away from Jacen when-

Jacen yanked Tahiri behind him, "Shh!"

Tahiri stretched out with the Force and could sense a dark presence in front of them. She looked around his arm to stare at what had once been a woman. She was slightly annoyed at Jacen?s protective stance, but she shrugged it off. The woman?s blond hair hung in dirty clumps around her face. Her face was covered in blood. A tattered jumpsuit hung off her thin frame. The woman's eyes were black, smoldering with hatred and fear. She clawed the dirt with broken nails. She let out a guttural growl and launched to her feet. Large coral growths poked out of her back.

"We don't want to hurt you," Jacen said gently. The woman ignored him. She twisted around, snatched an amphistaff and charged.

Jacen met the hardened staff with his lightsaber. Tahiri used the Force to flip over the woman and strike from behind.

The woman let out a blood-curdling scream as she twisted around to attack Tahiri. Jacen kicked her as she twisted, causing her to fall. Tahiri landed on top of her, pinning her to the ground. Jacen dropped by her head and clamp

25. Overboard4aFel

Aug 16, 2010
    It can't be simple cause that would make for a sucko storyline, Jaina.... ;)

All kidding aside, very nicely done! Keep us hanging on what exactly happened with Jacen... Great!

Love the kids, their soo sweet. Davin really is the typical big brother... so cute! [face_love]

Looking forward to the next part!!

O4aF