main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    You'd think a bunch of conspiracy-prone, tech-hating, off-the-grid Rambo wannabes would turn their phones off...but gotta look good on social media when you take over the Government.

Hacked GPS data from Parler that tracked who was in the Capitol 'area'.
    [​IMG]

2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    What's the point of being an insurrectionist if you can't brag about it on social media?

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The real irony being that most of them probably believe a tracking device will be implanted in them if they get the Covid vaccine.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    When the American Civil War started in 1861, this same sort of thing happened. It wasn’t football games, but especially in the South the gravity of what a war meant didn't sink in. It wasn’t thought there would be consequences or last long. So there were parties and other events around troops heading off. And for early battles civilians would pack picnic lunches to watch.

That didn’t last long. Reality fell on them fast, as the cost of war was paid by all segments of society.

I don’t think we are headed to a second civil war, not yet. Thou we are much closer after 1/6 than at any time in the last five years. But this casual action of passionate protesting until the football game starts, makes me more worried and not less. A naive lazy attitude like this can draw a nation into war.

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Looks like the Keystone pipeline is going to be cancelled on Day One.

Rew, Nobody145, Runjedirun and 5 others like this.
  6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    "I don't know what treason is" has enter the field:

Imagine being in the administration department at University of Kentucky right now and knowing not only was one of your students freely admitted they were at the insurrection riot but also had no idea what treason is.

I'm more worried @Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid the Civil War within the GOP then an actual Civil War since there is a very good chance the Insurrectuonalists & Q will win out while the Democrats squander another opportunity since deep down they hate themselves (for no apparent reason) and struggle to govern sometimes not due to ability or even vision but rather unable to get out of their own way.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The real question is how many moderate republicans are even left in the party

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Aw c'mon Bernie, don't be like that.

Rew, Juliet316, blackmyron and 4 others like this.
  9. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

I wanna know what treason is / I want you to show me / I wanna feel what treason is / I know you can show me

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    There are a few left @Jedi Knight Fett like Phil Scott, Larry Hogan, Charlie Baker (all northeasterners mind you) but they have no say in the party none obviously. Then again their party stands for nothing but Trump now. They had no platform this past year. First time ever a major party had no platform to run their candiate for president on.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  11. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And about 30 of those names will have the last name of Trump or be related:

13. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    The level of corruption just boggles the mind.

14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    "I want Rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dikes, train robbers, bank robbers, a$$-kickers, s----kickers and Methodists!" - Trump
    "Can you repeat it?" - Rudy

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Navalny must have known that he was going to get arrested

16. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    This bi.....uh, lady, needs to calm down.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-temporarily-suspends-gop-rep-220400152.html

Twitter suspended Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., for 12 hours Sunday, saying she has repeatedly run afoul of the company's misinformation policy.

"The account referenced has been temporarily locked out for multiple violations of our civic integrity policy," a Twitter spokesperson said.

Greene's most recent posts included one that made false claims about widespread voter fraud in Georgia in both the November election and in the Jan. 5 Senate runoffs, as well as a series of tweets that repeated more debunked claims and called Georgia's elections officials "morons."

Twitter restricted those posts from further promotion and slapped them with warning labels. Greene's account remained live, but she is unable to post.

17. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Michael Flynn, Mike the Pillow Man, and Attorney Sidney Powell are election conspiracy collaborators according to an interview with the Pillow Man I just watched.

18. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I don’t think we’ve seen this level of cash for pardons corruption since Bill Clinton!

19. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    This far exceeds the Bill Clinton thing.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It seems the big wave of pardons are coming on Tuesday with trump asking 2 million per pardon. That’s one way to play off Duetch bank. It’s expected to be about 100 people or 200 million dollars

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Parler's up again, I guess? Sadly, a number of right-wingers aren't interested because, y'know, Parler made the stupidest ****ing security decisions that allowed the entire message content - including deleted messages and videos - to be downloaded. Sad! (In Parler's defense, you don't have the right to criticize them if you were at the Capitol Riot and you were too stupid to turn off the location tracker on your ****ing phone)

Rudy is now saying he can't be Trump's lawyer because he'll be a witness at the trial.

Did you know that Mike Pence's brother is a member of Congress? And that despite hearing a crowd chanting to hang his brother, he still voted against impeachment?

Insane lawyer Lin Wood provided this message today: "Michelle Obama is a man." (That's it, there's nothing else to the message). Competing with her for crazy messaging is Laura Loomer who has pronounced a contextless "Communist rationing has begun."

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Parler isn’t up like you can’t access posts/read posts or make posts it’s gonna be a while. Also Parler is at this point just a honeypot for the FBI

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Bernie Sanders will become the Senate Budget Committee Chair.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I seriously cannot get over how many of those people brought their goddamn normal use phones. Like, Jesus Christ I don't bring my regular phone to a street demonstration if I know a black bloc is showing up. You ****ers knew you were going to try to break into the Capitol! BUY A BURNER!

Although given how many of them are shocked that they may have to go to jail I think there was a lot of ignorance about the potential repercussions of the whole "committing a crime" thing. I wonder if this what the purely aesthetic performance of coup attempts looks like.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Well, ..... I do