main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017

Yes Ted the Paris Climate Agreement is all about Parisians trying to impose their views on the rest of the world ... /sigh.

The last four years were ... long. ****heels like Cruz are going to do their best to make the next four feel just as insufferable.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Didn't Pittsburgh and its suburbs overwhelmingly vote for Biden. The same city that Cruz and other Republicans tried to so desperately to throw away, and invalidate their votes.

Why does Cruz continually side with insurrectionists over Americans?

Rew, Bor Mullet, Nobody145 and 7 others like this.
  3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Because he wants them to hoist him on their shoulders and march him into the Oval Office in '24. He and Hawley are going to spend the next four years trying to shamelessly one-up each other for the loyalty of Trump's base.

4. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    The Princeton/Harvard Senator again trying to rile up people with misinformation he knows they'll take as fact. It should be illegal.

5. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    After reading Cruz' tweet I propose we ban tweets from this thread. Completely.
    Posting tweets should be against the thread rules.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't understand why any of the rest of us have to abide by the Geneva Convention. I don't live in Switzerland.

Rew, Bor Mullet, Nobody145 and 15 others like this.
  7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah... Ted's not gonna enjoy the debates at that time.

"Senator Cruz you have a likability problem. Former Speaker of the House John Boehner once called you 'Lucifer in the flesh'. Former Senator Al Franken once wrote about you: "You have to understand that I like Ted Cruz probably more than my colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz.”. The former president implied that your father shot John F Kennedy and insulted your wife. Yet you stood by him and even attempted to challenge the results of the 2020 election. Senator Franken was accused of sexual harrassment and the Democratic party called for and received his resignation. You and Senator Josh Hawley incited a mob of protesters that later invaded the United States capital building, resulting in the death of five people including a capital police officer. Many in your own party and several of your state's newspapers called on you to resign. Yet, you refused. Please tell the American people why they should vote for you."

That right there would be a torpedo to any campaign attempt he has. And every opponent and ever moderator should bring it up.

Rew, Nobody145, PCCViking and 11 others like this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Because he's Canadian and he's just being the worst troll ever?

Seriously, that is all that ********* is at this point: an obnoxious troll.

10. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    The Trump family is never going to support Ted Cruz. Can you honestly see Don Jr. tweeting his support of him, over himself, or his father? Does anyone think that Trump, even if he's sitting in a jail cell, is going to support Cruz?

Not ever. Ted is delusional if he thinks he can get Trump's MAGA cult on board with someone other than Trump, when Trump is still around. These are people who are ready to create their own party, and I seriously doubt that Cruz would jump ship to that party, cuz he'd lose a lot of power that he currently has, or would ever be a real leader in it.

MAGA will support Cruz, as long as Cruz supports Trump. But never as a replacement for Trump.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Welp, since we're not in Versailles I guess WWI is still on. Time to ship Ted to the trenches.

Rew, Nobody145, Vaderize03 and 10 others like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Cruz is the worst thing Canadians face America

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I wonder how many other things will be uncovered in the coming days by the Biden administration in regards to what the Trump administration completely neglected to do. I bet it's like coming into the office after you've been away for a while to find all kinds of things your co-workers didn't do that you now have to.

On another note, I'm glad to see the name Trump isn't dominating the headlines this morning.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably the worst export Canada ever gave us was Ted Cruz.

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Saying it's not a formal organization that has its tendrils in every other movement is the same thing as saying it's a myth, apparently.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Listening to Pete's confirmation. It seems like most people just want to shout out Chasten.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Pretty much I can’t think of a person worse to come from Canada

Bor Mullet and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sooooo...many...memes....[face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

The internet is undefeated! [face_laugh]=D=[face_laugh]

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    https://news.yahoo.com/worse-imagined-team-trump-left-100021175.html

Trump left a mess behind for Biden and his administration to clean up.

While I'm glad that Biden is the first president to appoint a gay person to his cabinet, I'm more excited about him appointing a transgender woman to a federal position. Frankly, Pete reminds me of this vexing bully in college who was nakedly ambitious, and everyone came to despise him. I'm not saying that Pete is a bully or that people will come to hate him. It's just the oozing lust for power he has. Lol. Having said that, I'm sure he will be a good transportation secretary, although commerce seems more like his area.

20. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Been pleasantly surprised with the actions the Biden administration has taken so far. My concern is that with the genie out of the bottle due to the administration of 45, action is going to have to be taken to make sure the US simply can’t just back out of things like Paris agreement again. The senate needs to get busy.

Rew, Nobody145, Count Yubnub and 5 others like this.
  21. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    The GOP voted for a platform over the summer that had no policy in it, save for whatever Trump supported at any given moment. They literally had nothing.

So it's not terribly surprising that Trump's admin is hollow. That were are no plans, no work, no policy. He's been promising a health care plan since like 2015, and never had one. He never had any covid plan. He never saved coal. The entire thing was literally just Trump, tweeting nonsense, anger, and wrath, and making it up as he went, on any given day to survive that day, and the GOP following behind supporting it. Covering it up.

I think the only real policy that had any real meaning, from day one, was to make the government as ineffectual as possible. Get the government out of the way, so that these grifters could profit from it any way they could. Remove barriers for his donors to make money. That included appointing federal judges and loyalists placed into various roles in the government, so that if Trump wanted to stage an insurrection, or stay past his welcome, he'd have supporters in place loyal to him over the constitution. And it almost worked.

Destroying America was literally the only plan they had.

Rew, Nobody145, Count Yubnub and 10 others like this.
  22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So I have someone on my FB feed claiming that Biden has already destroyed 11,000 jobs. What's that about?

Vaderize03 and afrojedi like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Firing all the Trump appointees? :p

Rew, Pensivia, Nobody145 and 7 others like this.
  24. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    All the Trump loyalists in government, maybe?

EDIT: Damnit..ninja'd

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably somebody listening to Ted Cruz's false spiel about rejoining the Paris Climate Accords. Again Ted Cruz is Canada's worst export.