main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Trump pardoned judge jineane's ex husband. Went to jail for tax fraud. She should have too, i think her name was on all the documents. Real great people. He fathered a baby with another woman and while he was in jail i think she had an affair with a married man.

blackmyron and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  2. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I've recently decided to not click any more news articles or watch tv spots about Trump unless the headline includes the words `arrested`, `guilty`, or `jail`. Him and his cult live on attention and the less he gets the better.

I still think he wouldn't have won 2016 if every single news story wasnt "today trump did this! today trump said that!!". He doesnt need any more free publicity (again unless hes in handcuffs being led to prison).

Since summer 2016 at my house we dont even say his name, like Voldemort. We call him `Hooha` cuz its like yahoo and a word he was caught saying on a hot mike which would have gotten any other person kicked out of the race. Just got sick of hearing that T-word 1,000 times a day.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Sadie Erso
    Do you believe that the government should guarantee health care to every citizen regardless of their wealth or do you rather think that only those who can afford it are entitled to it?

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    He pardoned several white collar criminals, I read. On an unrelated note, Abraham Lincoln was a literary genius compared to Trump. I read about how he wrote the Gettysburg Address and his Second Inaugural Address. He put a great deal of thought into writing. In contrast, Trump would get on a stage and ramble about how he was more successful than "organ player" Elton John, go blue, and insult people. Despite being twenty years older than Lincoln, he evidently possessed none of his ancient wisdom or skills, as he was oddly adolescent for a man of his years. The irony is that Lincoln mostly educated himself, whereas Trump had others do his homework and tests for him. Of course, the Republican Party has transformed into something truly bizarre post-Nixon.

5. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Hmm... Welllll... I'm not really sure. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't know. I don't do any political things since I'm under eighteen so I'll just say "No comment"... ;)
    But seriously, I'll answer you when I've voted for the first time which is in five years.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    NPR indicated this morning that Biden has said he regrets the Obama administration deportation policies. This pause in deportation is a good sign. Biden also says he wants the US open to asylum seekers.

White cis straight woman here agrees with you. Biden is not as far left as I would like but the notion that he and Trump are the same or equally bad is ridiculous.

No, Charlie, that isn’t unity, it’s honesty.

We don’t want unity with white supremacists, nativists or domestic terrorists. If (general) you are none of those but voted for Trump, unity might be possible.

Or as my representative wrote in USA Today:

Justice is more important than unity

7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The stupidest thing about @MotivateR5D4 is the Paris Accord is really not asking much in terms of emissions reduction. We honestly should be doing more so really it's more of a good faith promise to the world that we will do our part. And beyond everything else you said about him (which is 100% correct) he also one of those "Freedom Fries" morons who bakes himself in false patriotism but in reality it's nothing more then white nationalism which is really incredible considering where he comes from. He must really hate himself deep down.

As for Charlie Kirk, again the guy got triggered by Chick-fil-a saying gays were humans too. He is a lost cause. A lot of them are. Just happy they are no longer getting away with them spewing their garbage without it getting thrown back in their face.

But those jobs @anakinfansince1983 will take awhile to get online. Obama admitted (which I could told him in 2009) that there is no such thing as a "shovel ready job". So even if the New Green Deal is enacted (not happening) or parts of are (I think will happen) it will take awhile for those jobs to come online. So the jobs lost in the Keystone Pipeline are going to take awhile to recover. But long term it's the right decision as we need to move away from fossil fuels. I am honestly more concerned with our relationship with Tradeau and Canada then anything else who supported it. We really bleep Canada during the past four years particularly since the pandemic started as we were just a crappy crappy crappy neighbor and friend. Biden has a lot of repairing to do when it comes to relationships with foreign leaders starting with Tradeau.

The fallout @JEDI-RISING from Trump's up to the last minute pardons is getting stranger. One of the pardons was in the College Admissions Scandal and stated that Sean Parker was one of the main advocates for it. One problem. Parker has no clue about it and has no idea how his name was listed as a person who pushed for it:

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Who knew governing would be so hard?

Again I don't always agree with the Democrats ideas for governing particularly as they often throwing money at a program will solve everything (some programs are poorly designed and should be shutdown while others that work well should be strengthened) but at least they know how to govern. I honestly think Greene figured ordering articles of impeachment was the same as going thru the McDonald's drive thru.

[​IMG]

Makes sense though that is how Trump governed. "Yes I will have two big macs, two filet-o-fishes, a large chocolate shake and 11,800 votes in Georgia please". And I am being generous that he say please at the end.

Rew, Nobody145, afrojedi and 9 others like this.
  10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Pete basically said as much during his hearing today when pressed on this.

Rew, Bor Mullet, afrojedi and 5 others like this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Greta and AOC are handling Cruz. Totally predictable that an adolescent and someone half his age would be smarter than him. Don’t underestimate women!

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Pete owned the Republicans today:

13. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    I have to write an essay about political news for school. I don't want to do it that much. *facepalm* But it will be interesting especially when I'm using Newsmax. lol
    Do I have to do an essay, Mom?? :_|[face_flag][face_flag]

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  14. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Apparently McConnel does. You believe the stones on this guy? Schumer better not ****ing cave.

I’ve been saying for years. Maybe someone will finally start to listen?

....nah. I’ll just go back to sleep for another ten years.

The only thing blocking the ERA was Barr’s DOJ memo claiming that Virginia’s ratification was invalid. MerrickGarland, if confirmed, could easily reverse that. It would end up in front of the Supreme Court, but Biden could order the National Archivist to add the amendment to the constitution in lieu of their ruling as it’s not clear they have the authority to rule on the amendment process. Biden should keep that in his back pocket for when the whole ‘bipartisan’ thing dies.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I read that, it mentions only that McConnell wants the Dems to commit to keeping the filibuster. Nothing about impeachment?

My point was that he's making this demand (without real leverage) -- if someone broaches a deal saying "we keep the filibuster and you guarantee votes to impeach the former-POTUS" who says no in that case?

16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The GOP Senate @dp4m is already saying if Mitch votes yes on impeachment he will not stay on as their leader. And yes they already made it clear their will not be enough votes for conviction. Not even close. Sickening.

On a lighter note, the Diet Coke button in the Oval Office is gone:

Bor Mullet, Nobody145, Cynda and 7 others like this.
  17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It will soon be replaced by an Ice Cream Cone button.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    @Luke02 -- it's really easy to say things when there's no skin in the game. It's one of the reasons I was so frustrated with calls for the Democrats to do something -- anything! -- to stop the SCOTUS confirmation (when... there was nothing to do, except impeach again!).

The Republicans who support the former-POTUS, or especially the ones who only paid lip-service to it, have no reason to vote for impeachment other than conscience right now. Given the choice to vote for impeachment and essentially stop the bulk of the Democrats' legislative agenda might tip that over.

Personally, I think it's a bad deal for the Dems -- but I have to imagine someone is thinking about it.

19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I would recommend, not using newsmax

Rew, Bor Mullet, Nobody145 and 9 others like this.
  20. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Sending out $2000 checks pronto seems like it'd be the easiest lay-up in modern American political history.

Which begs the question: How will the Democrats manage to screw this up?

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The Trump administration. Man...what the hell was THAT about? Good lord.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Your friendly school librarian says do not use Newsmax.

[​IMG]

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ is also a good place to look; it includes accuracy ratings as well. Avoid anything listed as “questionable.”

I have no desire to run for public office but having a coffee button or a wine button on my desk would be pretty sweet.

Rew, Pensivia, Nobody145 and 8 others like this.
  23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    We are cheering for you. When you'll finish it tell us what you talked about.
    Write us here if there are concepts in the news you don't understand.

Rew, Bor Mullet, Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  24. McLaren

McLaren Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 1, 2002
    Then Representative Adams will have neither for as the man who freed the slaves said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Ha!

The two parties truly are in the process of changing places.

25. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    Yeah, I'll probably finish it in a few days since its kind of like a follow up story kind of thing... :)

Emperor Ferus and 3sm1r like this.