main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It was more of a reference to your penchant to still discuss Obama, although I did make a point to say "positive or negative", so I wasn't just referring to you, obviously.
    You were complaining about people talking about Trump after the election when he was still president, and now it seems like you're spending half your posts now doing the same. If that's how you want to spend your time here, feel free.
    What are looking for here, an apology? Sure, Vivec. I apologize for misreading your comment.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't want an apology, just an indication that you saw me explain the sentence.

Yeah, I talked about Obama. About actions he took while in office (that's relevant from a historical perspective for understanding things today) and political actions he takes post-presidency (like calling all the Democratic candidates to have them drop out, etc). These are all politically relevant things. Guests complaining about Trump's hotel being bad falls under neither. Gloating about that is literally the definition of Trump living rent-free in their heads. Talking about Obama specifically taking a political action post presidency isn't.

So no, I wasn't complaining about people talking about Trump post election. I was ridiculing the posting of a completely irrelevant thing about Trump's hotel. Why do I keep finding myself explaining basic **** to you?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  3. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Like I said, complain about people talking about Trump all you want. Someone already posted why they felt it was relevant, life goes on, etc.
    okay, I saw your explanation... and?

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Vivec, exactly where in that post did I gloat? I posted a link to the article and summarized why guests were leaving. That’s all. As mentioned, it was relevant to what we were just discussing related to whether he may choose to run again or not. As his financial situation very directly affects that, I shared the article. No more and no less.

Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, we talk a lot about past Presidents and past candidates and that isn’t going to change right now- especially with an impeachment trial pending and the possibility of a second run. He occupies about the same part of my mind that all other past politicians occupy and I suspect that’s the same for many Americans.

And sorry, but “he’s gone” doesn’t cut it after the past 4 years. I said before you don’t turn your back on a wounded beast. You make sure it is dead. And until his political life is in fact dead and buried, I won’t turn my back completely.

5. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Trump apparently spoke out this weekend to support a politician in Arizona that has spoken in favor of forming a third party.
    I've seen a report that associates claim Trump has been saying he plans to give lip service to third parties to pressure senators over his senate trial, and in the long-term to shore up his standing in the Republican Party.
    This isn't a big surprise, considering he was saying the same thing in 2016 if he had lost the election.

6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    He is basically @blackmyron going to hold the party hostage by claiming to be starting a third party even though Tr**p has no ability to do. Again the GOP is going to lose these people anyway as Trump will forever hold a grunge against them for not being "loyal" enough so again might as well rip the band-aid off and start regrouping now. But again the GOP does not think in those terms. They just see what is right in front of them and that is it.

And big news out of Ohio, Senator Portman is not running for re-election:

Good news? The GOP has yet another seat they have to defend in 2022. Bad news? Ohio is heavy red now and most likely will elect a Republican to replace him who is WORSE then Portman aka fully expect Jim Jordan to run for it and most likely get the nomination.

[​IMG]

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Rew, Ghost, Nobody145 and 9 others like this.
  8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Rudy better hope he won the MegaMillions $1b jackpot this past weekend. He's going to need the funds.

9. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The best part is that Giuliani never mentioned Dominion in any of his court filings because of course he knew it was a lie.

the company notes that Mr. Giuliani avoided mentioning Dominion in court, where he could have faced legal ramifications for falsehoods. “Notably, not a single one of the three complaints signed and filed by Giuliani and other attorneys for the Trump Campaign in the Pennsylvania action contained any allegations about Dominion,” the lawsuit says.

10. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Apparently the story behind the Rolex that Biden was wearing, of deep concern to the NYT, was that it belonged to his dead son and he wore it as a reminder.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Unsurprising. Every time they try to get Joe, it seems to be tied to his love for his sons.

Rew, Ghost, Jedi Merkurian and 3 others like this.
  12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Just saw this on Twitter. Like.....what the hell????? [face_sick]:oops:[face_beatup]8-}:confused:

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe if they focused on his history of warmongering and friendship with racists instead of meaningless nonsense such as "he has a watch" it'd go better.

Rew and CT-867-5309 like this.
  14. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Because they don't care about that. They only care if poor whites can identify with him or not. Or making sure they don't.

That's my guess at least.

Juliet316 and blackmyron like this.
  15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Just following in the footsteps of many ignorant and horrible people before him like Betsy DeVos who was more concerned about checking genitalia at the bathroom door in schools then actually educating people.

Again these do all of this in the name of their "religion" even though if you actually read the Bible, it spends a lot of time advocating against wealth and judging others yet very little talking about homosexuality (or social issues like transgender rights) yet they completely ignore the first two while spending all of their time talking about the last one. And they wonder why their churches continue to lose members especially of younger generations. Even people my age (mid 40's) who look to their local church as a community center are so feed up with their backwards thinking, we cannot even go there for the communal aspect of it.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    And yet, the Republicans think the Democrats are the perverted weirdos........

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    biden has repealed the ban on transgender individuals serving in the military, via executive order.

18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Sarah Sanders announced her intention to run for governor of Arkansas today. One of her platform issues is her strong opposition to sanctuary cities.
    ... which don't exist in Arkansas.
    Sigh.

seattlemusicnerd, Rew, Ghost and 10 others like this.
  19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    After a brief wikipedia research, I have found out that the only press secretaries who lasted for at least two whole terms are Stephen Early (Roosevelt) and James Hagerty (Eisenhower).
    All the other presidents lasting two terms changed the press secretary at least once.

Press secretary really is a tough job.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Hasn't Psaki said that she has taken the job in a transitional role to help train a new team for Biden? I'd be surprised if she does it for more than a year or two.

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And rolling back Title IX protections for girls, especially College women in sexual assault situations.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Jedi Merkurian and Luke02 like this.
  22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Not many cabinet secretaries or staff members last two whole terms either.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Psaki having the communications experience she had in the Obama administration enabled her to be ready to give a press conference on day 1; those conferences usually take too much prep to make that happen.

I hope she stays on.

Rew, Nobody145, Bor Mullet and 4 others like this.
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Even if she doesn't, she'll have likely trained a competent replacement, unlike in the ***** era.

Rew, PCCViking, Ghost and 4 others like this.
  25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Supreme Court effectively rules the emolument clause null and void. Apparently the president can refuse to participate in an investigation of clause violations and once he's out of office, can't be prosecuted for them.