main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    my faith has improved a bit in the biden admin that they can maybe get some things done, and i can also feel the misogyny from the republicans in a way i never had before... ever since the overturning of roe i feel smaller, weaker, and more afraid. i think it's possible i'm not alone in this and that this combo of getting something done + the republicans actually taking action to remove rights with the threat to remove more might really change things. it may be foolish but since november is approaching i am turning my orientation towards optimism bc pessimism is always a loser.

i do wish the democrats would message more that it isn't just bad guy trump, it's the entire party, that the threat doesn't end if the specter of trump fades, because someone else will pick it up. it is no longer trump alone. it is a fascist movement.

eta: and it's not just roe... it's things like TX and FL attacks on LGBTQ people, it's everything... they've been forced to show their hand and it's time to pounce

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Darth Nerdling and Luke02 like this.
  2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Oncfar Again it sounds incredible to say but most likely this congress/president is most likely the most substantial in a generation. Granted the bar is really frickening low but still it is quite an accomplishment. And just like the Congress of 65/66 they are going to most likely get wipe out in the midterms despite all those accomplishments. George Carlin said it best. Americans will sell their rights for a cheaper blender.

And there is a lot to be absolutely horrified with Republicans/MAGAers right now. What is happening with Boston Children's Hospital is absolutely horrifying. Looks like the DA is going to go after these scumbags which is good to see.

Meanwhile the head of counter intelligence for the FBI will be arguing on behalf of the government today:

Let me repeat this. They. Are. Not. Bleeping. Around!

oncafar likes this.
  3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The message should be the Rs are the party of cruelty & lies and SWM supremacy both in rhetoric and as demonstrated whenever and wherever they have power. They are even willing to brush the voters aside to obtain those objectives. The Rs have convinced themselves that the way ahead is to tear down and scapegoat anyone that doesn't look like themselves to fill whatever void exists in their heart but all it does is make the hole even bigger.

The Ds need to emphasize they are the party of economic stewardship, science and education, regulated capitalism, democracy, women's rights and equality, diversity and multiculturalism, health and safety (from contagions and guns), and a strong national defense.

Take for example PA Lt. Governor Fetterman, who is also taking my advice to run against Washington while also running an economic improvement message in his campaign to be elected to PA's open Senate seat.

Today, NARAL Pro-Choice America announced its endorsement of Lieutenant Gov. John Fetterman for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania. (July 2022)

Mallory McMorrow in Michigan is another person among many who carries the message.

Democrats can win this stupid culture war, but only if they engage and not pretend the Rs haven't been attacking and instigating.

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @MagnarTheGreat You are assuming though Americans don't want their politics to be the Jerry Springer Show. It's pretty evident now that is what they want as a functioning government that has two viable parties to choose from is from an old "boring" time period. Therefore the Democrats running on substance and being semi competence is worthless really.

So the judge in the MAL search warrant case is looking to have a redacted version of the affidavit released which is extremely unusual to say the least however this is an extremely usual case given everything:

The government must be totally happily with this ruling though knew again given the circumstances it was a very real possibility and are actually much more comfortable with it then Trump. Again he just wants the names leaked so the media just focuses on that and more importantly, he can put a target on their head. The fact that their names will remain sealed is a major loss for him but that was never going to happen anyway.

5. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Trump's CFO to plead guilty and testify
    I read a bit of this in the morning as saw he was not going to implicate Trump.

Here's Musk complaining about his tax bill and says he will vote Republican.

I still cheer for the endeavours of SpaceX, but this guy needs to go.

oncafar likes this.
  7. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016

Not surprising coming from someone whose goal is to impregnate as many different women as he can while leaving misery in his wake. He speaks in the context of being a patriarchal tyrant. A bit of a chip off the old block.

Like Father Like Son: Elon Musk's Dad Has Secret Second Kid With Stepdaughter
    “The only thing we are on Earth for is to reproduce,” Errol said

Marie Claire - "I Was a Starter Wife": Inside America's Messiest Divorce
    As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship."

Putin revives Stalin-era 'Mother Heroine' award for women with 10 children - CNN

Putin agrees with him.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Honour_of_the_German_Mother

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I mean, being a parent in general, is as important of a calling as work outside the home. But it doesn't require being gendered. This guy is very disturbed.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Wow, now even the NYT is doing stories on Dark Brandon

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Honestly, that almost looks like something out of my novel. But Biden never gets to be president in my novel's Cosmos because Trump succeeded in becoming dictator on 6 January 2021. I think he got exiled to another planet. I just think it's funny that this church I drove by in Mobile, Alabama (during my 2014 and 2015 trips to Florida) gets wrecked during Xyq's supernatural fight with Ivanka Trump during 2049. It's wild.

Elon Musk is the latest in a long line of unqualified rich men, and I honestly think that those accusations about him sexually harassing that woman may be credible. The only thing that makes me doubt the story is the low cash amount Musk gave her.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    In line with this post, I assume he will support a party that wants expand paid leave to make it as generous in time and reimbursement as possible.

Rew, Pensivia and Luke02 like this.
  12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trio-suits-target-florida-woke-153159796.html

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge on Thursday declared a Florida law championed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis that restricts race-based conversation and analysis in business and education unconstitutional.

Tallahassee U.S. District Judge Mark Walker said in a 44-page ruling that the “Stop WOKE” act violates the First Amendment and is impermissibly vague. Walker also refused to issue a stay that would keep the law in effect during any appeal by the state.

Rew, Runjedirun, oncafar and 4 others like this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @MagnarTheGreat I'm shocked nobody spits in his coffee. Everyday.

And with his defense like this, who needs a prosecution!

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

*Continues to write CRT based educational videos for businesses*

For real my company has a lot of this type of training and I've written much of it. And we put out a statement basically saying we think it's a restriction of our first amendment rights in FL back when this law came out.

We continued offering our Racial Equality content in FL.

Win for education.

Rew, Runjedirun, oncafar and 3 others like this.
  15. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I'm sure no one went down there in a drunken stupor and tried to call Russia to sell secrets.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm surprised no one urinated in his coffee.

Lady Mary and Vaderize03 like this.
  17. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Trump has threatened to release the footage of the FBI raid in order to endanger the FBI agents. This is what is known as stochastic terrorism. He's implicitly asking others to act for him and engage in random of acts of terrorism.

And the funny thing is that if he releases an edited version of the tape, they will ask for the whole tape because now it's evidence of obstruction of justice.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/...ts-swing-state-republicans-in-a-bind-00051123

He's putting Republicans in a bind

18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    They'll still worship him.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    They think of MAL as the Southern White House.

20. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    While I wish I could say this was going somewhere, we all know that the relevant circuit court of appeals will reverse, and SCOTUS will decline to intervene. As wrong as it is, DeSantis will prevail on this law.

The correct answer here is for corporations to leave. If he wants to make Florida a MAGA paradise, then prepare for capital flight to other states. Money talks—it always has.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    Rew, Runjedirun and Pensivia like this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If the courts allow DeSantis to do this, then Biden should appoint Warren as the next U.S. Attorney in one of the districts of Florida when the time comes.

Pensivia and Vaderize03 like this.
  22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @darth-sinister I don't disagree especially given how much he is gone off the deep end the past few years. He has always been a weird guy but the fact that he is now basically MAGA must crawl at their skins and rightfully so.

@DarkGingerJedi They can think of it has anything they want, he is no longer president. Bush #43 treated his ranch as the second white house until the moment he left office. Then it was just a ranch again. That is what just one of the almost endless reasons why this thing is so insane. Listening to them, they fully have convinced themselves he is somehow still president even though that ended (thankfully) over eighteen months ago. They truly live in an alternate reality of their own choosing. Crazy.

@PCCViking Warren is more important in the senate but honestly DeSantis doesn't give two craps about this stuff deep down other then he likes to be cruel. He does it though for the same reason why he is out campaigning with Mastriano, it's what the base wants to see. Soon as the election is over with in November and Mastriano hopefully loses (and badly) Ron will pull a Trump and act like he doesn't even know who Doug is. It's the one thing about cults. Too many people want to be the cult leader and will do whatever it takes in order to be it. And like I said before, Democrats have issues within their ranks based off policy but for the most part they get along personally. Republicans on the other hand are the opposite. Whatever few policies they actually which is based off their love cruelty and insanity they totally agree with but often times behind close doors they cannot stand the site of each other. Just look at the Florida GOP. They all worship and say exactly what DeSantis says but behind close doors outside of a few true believers, they do nothing but mock and rip him apart. Again just the nature of cults.

And I believe this conspiracy theory #60:

I think their goal is to just exhaust people with their insanity. Very likely to work.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    MAGA Pillow Guy is now putting objects on the "witness stand":

Holy bleep these people are utterly insane. This is worse then Clint Eastwood talk to an empty chair pretending it was Obama for reasons still unknown.

24. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I know.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/us/politics/trump-approval-polling-2024.html

https://www.vox.com/23287527/trump-gop-control-august-gop-primary-2022

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...the-gop-deepens-after-primary-wins-fbi-search

Some were saying that Trump was losing his power over the GOP slowly due to the 6 January commission. However, others disputed that, which leads me to speculate that those who supposedly turned against him were lying because they were embarrassed to admit that they support him. Or something. For whatever reason, the FBI investigation has deepened his support. I attribute this to Garland not properly explaining the intent of the raid.

25. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Moms for Liberty activist wants LGBTQ students separated into special classes - LGBTQ Nation
    She said LGBTQ students are "like for example children with autism, Down Syndrome" and should have "specialized" classes.

How did you Nazi that coming. 'Liberty' to them (hate groups) is the extent of their ability to oppress. They absolutely want segregation back (or worse) and they want the far-right R Supreme Court to overturn Brown v Board of Education of Topeka. They are using their culture war against LGBTQ to also open that same door to segregating non-whites away from the whites. It was after all segregation and not abortion that created the religious right.

Florida teachers say they're being silenced amid the rise of Moms for Liberty

Moms for Liberty Has Created Nightmares for Schools Across the Country

New Hampshire Moms for Liberty chapter offers $500 to anyone who can catch teachers breaking a new 'discrimination' law

--------------------------

These laws were only the beginning of the right's objective.

Black Professors and Student File Lawsuit Against Florida's 'Stop WOKE Act,' Calling It 'Racially Motivated Censorship' in Aftermath of George Floyd's Murder

------------------------

Laying around in boxes or cases at Trump’s targeted-by-spies Florida country club is not secure and he had no legal right to do that or to let Patel and Solomon or anybody else go through them to do whatever it was they were doing.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022