main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    All he'll get is a weekend stay at Mar-A-Lago, if that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/confirming-20-000-fee-giuliani-152438711.html

Rudy Giuliani, the personal lawyer to former President Donald Trump, conceded Friday night that an associate had sent an email to campaign officials asking that Giuliani be paid $20,000 a day for his work after the Nov. 3 election, but he insisted he was unaware of it at the time.

Giuliani acknowledged in a brief phone interview that his associate, Maria Ryan, had sent the email shortly after Election Day. But he maintained that she consulted with another associate, Larry Levy, about what Giuliani should ask for from the campaign while Giuliani was out of town.

A copy of the email, reviewed by The New York Times, showed that she sent it from a Giuliani Partners email account.

2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Sadie Erso
    What did your mother reply when you told her that you won't do your homework because there are no newspapers around?

I wasn't much around in the Ender era but that's surely a hot word as well.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  3. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the money will end up misused/stolen, but I have to call it how I see it: lately I am seeing A LOT of work on the highways and roads around the island, which was BADLY needed. So I hope that's where part of the money is going.

[​IMG]

4. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    I started talking about my school with my mom. She said to me "Why don't you just give a reason about no newspapers and I'll grade it."
    And I said, "What about the online articles I could do?"
    She said, "It doesn't matter, just write a reason and I'll do what I need to do."

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rand Paul says Biden shows hatred of black teenagers by wanting to raise the minimum wage to 15 dollars this isn’t satire

6. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Well Rand Paul is the one who said that M4A equates slavery toward physicians.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can’t even begin to follow that “logic.”

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Rand Paul is one of the senators I dislike the most outside of the treason caucus. Because he always says he’s libertarian when he’s clearly not him and his father were and are the worst

9. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    His father is an anti-Semitic punk and the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Remember when Rand Paul stalled a Bill about lynching? He’s probably one of the most racist people in congress.

11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'll take a stab at this. Something, something...Paying poor people more in minimum wage, in what are supposed to be low-paying "teenager jobs", will mean these people will .... stay... in these jobs longer, because they can actually, ya know, live...and won't feel the need to move onto something with higher pay, and this means that teens, especially black teens - as Ron Paul is suddenly most concerned about for once in his life - won't be able to enter the workforce. It's all Biden's fault.

Ron Paul is in no way more concerned about business owners having to pony up more money to pay their workers a living wage, and knows full well that they - being the true creators of the universe - will go on strike to stick it to us as revenge.

That's what I'm going with.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Last thing on Paul. In 2011 he said he would have voted against the civil rights act. So he’s a racist scumbag who tries to hide behind being “libertarian”

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    he's gotten to be the person that's just wrong on everything, like he was designed that way.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn’t be that shocked if Paul runs for president in 2024 as the Republican who didn’t vote against Biden but is just as extreme as Cruz and Hawley

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Rand Paul is thankful for Ted Cruz. Otherwise, he would be the most hated Senator.

Although perhaps he should have gotten the clue after people sent their well wishes...to his neighbor.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh by the way Bide’s approval numbers are coming in and surprise he’s already beaten trump’s all time high. Won’t be shocked if he goes on to win the Nobel peace prize just for not being trump like they did with Obama for not being Bush

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    But...but....Ramussen said....

:p

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ramussen and Real clear politics can eat my shorts. RCP is way better but some of its reporters literally retweeted OAN articles. But even RCP is showing Biden up.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Evil Bowtie! i thought it left Tucker never to be seen again.

It. Has. Returned.

On election night this November, former Trump campaign adviser Harlan Hill said that he would eat his shoe if Trump lost the 2020 election. Now that Trump has lost, Mediaite’s Zachary Petrizzo couldn’t resist following up.

“I’ll eat my shoe. We’ll do it in a live-stream,” Hill told The Atlantic on November 7.

But according to Petrizzo, he has now welched on the bet, saying falsely that Trump actually won the election.

“Trump won,” he told Petrizzo.

Hill was a Trump campaign adviser who appeared frequently on Fox News before he was banned by the network for calling Kamala Harris an “insufferable lying $%^&*.”

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What a ****ing coward. Eat the shoe you coward

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    But please make sure to step in some dog **** first

22. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    So I read the Bernie took his meme and put it on a T-Shirt, sold them for $45 each, sold out immediately and then donated all the proceeds to Vermont Meals on Wheels.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    seattlemusicnerd, Lady Mary and Rew like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    People already blaming Joe for all the jobs lost and 3k people dying saying he should be tried and impeached for that. These people are literally insane

25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Find a single Republican senator who is not unbearable I'll wait.

TrandoJedi likes this.