main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The death penalty was always one of those issues I always cared about the moment I got into politics. On every level and no matter how you look at it capital punishment is the worst. I am glad it’s been abolished on 20 states. Still got a long way to go

2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Nothing says Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holidays like

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I guess things have started to move for the transition around him and all he can do is create another conspiracy theory he can ride for the next 4 years till 2024.

Vialco and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He’ll be yelling about voter fraud forever. Hell he didn’t stop saying that about 2016

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Rew, Nobody145, Vialco and 8 others like this.
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    We may have 20 million cases by 20 January.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I wonder what the "Voter Tabulations" that he saw? In crayons? Like what did he see that suddenly blew it wide open? Why not present it in court if it's such a bombshell.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  7. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    And following through on executions as well. I think they have 5 executions scheduled to happen between now and when Trump leaves office. That would be a baker's dozen in his last 6 months as president. The most federal executions in that time period in over 90 years.

Rew likes this.
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I have one question for Fett on this one. Could Vietnamese farmers engage with McCain in a debate? Answer me that freaking question? Did the napalm carry an invitation to a debate team? Did the children orphaned, born with birth defects, parents childless, people missing limbs, did any of them get to debate with McCain about what he did?

What McCain thought was best for the country was "bomb bomb bomb Iran" or implying that being a good man is anathema to being Muslim, or that butchering over 3 million people in Indochina was good and could have been won, etc.

He is more evil than McConnell. His dad was a massively important bigwig who carried out the worst of the bombings, he chose to get an unearned position as a flyboy, kept crashing his own plane, and proceeded to blow up villages. McConnell sucks, but he didn't personally drop napalm on children. This yeah west wing idea of respect the troops or "we can have a debate" is inhumane.

My humanity means I reject that bs on principle. If you ideology leads you to thinking bombing Iran is good, then you should not get to speak and should debate my fist. Dropping Agent Orange is not a debatable position, it does not deserve to be dignified or dealt with. McCain belongs in the lowest level of hell, far under Trump frankly. Because he sanitized genocide you think more highly of him, I say that makes him worse.

I love the chapo reaction ep and the funeral one, just *kiss* perfect. the morning zoo crew cold open is classic
    The man called his wife a c ** t in front of reporters for hecks sake. stop treating him with respect he would never afford even his wife. his second wife mind you, not the first one who iirc he divorced after she was injured and he left her for a younger heiress. How about he predilection for calling Asians racial slurs on tv?

The man was scum

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No of course not he was a horrible person. But I would much prefer him over the rest of the Republican Party. I have no love for anyone in the party from the most moderate to the most hardline. Nor do I have much love for the democrats but one party is much better than the other.

Emperor Ferus and bluealien1 like this.
  10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yoda's Roommate why is it that you're one of the only people in this thread whose posting consists of "Trump Bad" and "Trump voters bad" and nothing else? Yes, we know Trump is bad. Yes we know he lies all the time. Yes, here's another tweet of his that Twitter had flagged. There's nothing new here. What we don't know is: what do you believe? How do you think society should work? You're like a blue check mark with basic replies, never stepping out of the comfort zone. Take a risky stand for something big.

Rew, vncredleader and Vialco like this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Those were indeed the good old days when selecting Sarah Palin as a running mate was the biggest mistake a presidential candidate could make. We've certainly come a long way since then. I watched a video not too long ago of one of her interviews that everybody made fun of at the time and thought was the absolute most embarrassing thing that could ever happen in US politics. And in retrospect, it actually wasn't that bad compared to the circus we've seen in recent years.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Don't talk to me that way. I'm the President of the United States. Don't ever talk to the president that way,

[​IMG]

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    JIBJAB IS BACK

15. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Dictator in Chief still wrapped up in his false narrative today

"Don't talk to me that way. You're just a lightweight."

Vialco and Emperor Ferus like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm not sure it qualifies as petty because it would be true, but I hope Biden points out Fox News and OAN reporters and calls them fake news.

What exactly can reporters get away with? As soon as he said "You're a light weight" is the reporter able to hand his attitude right back? How does this work?

There are a number of lawsuits he faces after he leaves office, some personal and business related, and some having to do with government perhaps. I do hope it all sticks.

17. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000

Well gee whiz I didn't know I was being evaluated here. I mean I know it doesn't get more serious than a politics thread on a Star Wars message board but ok, I guess I have to stand here before the internet tribunal and validate my posts.

I believe I have made plenty of serious posts about a great many deal of things, especially when the subject of Puerto Rico comes up. Posts about Donald Trump are hard to make serious because the guy is a living, walking joke.

Your question about what I believe? Well that is too broad of a question. What do I believe about what exactly? I'll answer your question, just narrow it a bit more.

How do I think society should work? Well, which society? Chinese? Ethiopian? French? Bolivian? Its not one society my friend.

If you don't like my posts feel free to report me to the admins and have me banned. If they believe I should not post anymore because I repeatedly violated the rules, well, there's nothing I can do about it. This place is not a democracy.

There's one thing I can tell you I believe: just from looking at this picture, these two must be related.

[​IMG]

Oops, sorry, another joke post. My bad. I promise I'll try to do better next time.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, as in like there really should be a written exam for high public offices like the Presidency.

20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    He’s still trying to negotiate tho. Like he has the upper hand and can dictate the terms of an agreement of surrender.

He’s not used to this style of total loss where he has no say in the matter.

21. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    @Yoda's_Roomate is our reporter on the ground in Puerto Rico. Many in the politics threads have valued his insight into political activities there.
    As for his last pic, excepting the mullet there’s a guy at my work who looks a lot like the guy on the right.

22. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    A rather scary piece on the new 6-3 conservative majority.

Posting here and not the SCOTUS thread as it's going to fall to political solutions (such as they exist) to fall back on this. I hope they'll be willing to uphold immunity statutes for healthcare workers when we're forced to triage due to overloaded hospitals as a result of Americans exercise their unfettered right to gather at places of worship during an airborne pandemic.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The not yet but soon to be tired "America is Back" joke was right there, man. :p

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My favorite part is that there is precedent from the Jacobsen case 100 years ago during a smallpox outbreak in which state governments were allotted freedom to do what they needed to do to contain it, but “evolving understanding of constitutional guarantees” mean they can’t uphold that now?

I looked up “evolving understanding of constitutional guarantees” in How to Speak 21st Century Right-Winger and I found “interpreting the Constitution to best encourage selfishness.”

25. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Another false claim from Trump on twitter this morning showing he might try to lock Biden out of the White House or the presidency. This statement suggests Trump may refuse to vacate the White House. In that case, Biden may enter office with Trump still barricaded in a room somewhere. Trump says here Biden has a burden to prove the 80,000,000 national votes cast for him were not "fraudulently or illegally obtained." The burden of proof is normally on the plaintiff or petitioner. Playing it smart, Joe Biden has not filed any lawsuits, to my knowledge. Joe Biden may likely not be a plaintiff or petitioner in any case for this election.
    • " Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem! "

Also, every December going into January there has been some sort of "What's Going to Happen" controversy with this president.

We had the longest government shutdown in January 2019
    We had Trump's impeachment proceedings in December 2019 to January 2020
    Now we have a refusal to concede going into December 2020

We are living out reality tv with this president. Except, it's real.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020