main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Let’s hope they don’t

2. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Even if they don’t, Republicans now have a roadmap for how to steal an election.

it’s not a question of “if“, but when. Democrats don’t control at least one house of Congress and 2025, they are potentially in for a world of hurt (as are the rest of us).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    All the Trumpers think SCOTUS is going to vote in favor of Trump like clockwork, and this will finally over turn the election. All it takes is just one state to get the balling rolling and AZ, MI, GA, WI, NZ ... AND CA....will all flip to Trump.

lol.

I mean who knows what SCOTUS will do, especially one with Trump appointed judges. I would like to think they still need some semblance of evidence to give them cover for voting for Trump. And they just don't have it. Every other court has been scathing in their results.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And the moment they try to steal an election America dies. And no again this is not like Bush v Gore.

Again I am not worried about this election. Biden will be president. I am worried about future elections though as you know unless something fundamentally changes about the party they will all contest the election every time they lose

5. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    They will definitely try this again. And they will most certainly impeach Biden the moment they have the house and senate.

The Republican party has moved in lock step for years. The Trump Party...is an overdrive version of that.

Edit: Milwaukee just completed its Trump-paid recount. Biden’s lead grew by 132 more votes. Lol.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh they almost certainly will. I won’t be surprised if from now on as long as there is a republican House of Representatives they will file impeachment against a Democrat president. Not that they will succeed. Unless somehow they get a supermajority in the senate, which isn’t out of the realm of possibility for 2024 which is something we need to watch out for

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Trump literally said "we are going to take this to the Supreme Court", the night of the election, even before this election, he rushed in Barrett to get a majority. The plan, such as it was because he's an insane person who thinks the Supreme Court will decide for him regardless of anything, was always get it to the Supreme Court. The legal smackdown they've had in every lower court has been hopefully what they side with.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Even trump appointed judges have shot down his election cases I am not worried about this at all. Republicans are a party full of delusional people who will think until the day they die that Joe Biden didn’t win this election fairly

9. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    His SCOTUS plan would have worked if this had come down to one state over a few hundred votes. He thought he was assured the win, because of what happened in 2000 in FL.

Only problem for him, and that plan, was that Biden won by much more than that. And the only reason why this wasn't known right away, and why he was able to move ahead with his original plan, is because it took a full week to count the votes. So for a full week Trump moved as if the plan was the same. Go to the courts and have them give it to him.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Even if this was down to 1 state I still don’t know if the courts would have sided with him

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. keynote23

keynote23 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 26, 2006
    The U.S. is like an apartment with roommates who can't stand each other and are way past the point where diplomacy would be a viable solution. But neither one is in a position to either move or kick the other person out.

Eventually one person is going to lose it.
    Once that is accepted as inevitable (and in the absence of a MAD scenario) I think drastic action is justified.
    Constitution be damned.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pause

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rew, Mar17swgirl, Runjedirun and 14 others like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That comes out to 22k dollars per vote Biden gained trump basically just payed for more Biden votes and it’s hilarious

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You need to stop with the clickbait titles and just say what's in the article, @Vaderize :p

Rew likes this.
  15. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    If the SCOTUS hands Trump a win, people better pack up and leave if they dont want to live in a war torn country

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s back to Canada for me. That’s for sure

Ghost and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It comes down to this:

Is the Supreme Court pro-democracy or pro-dictatorship?

Hopefully they just refuse to hear the case.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If they do hear it I think they won’t vote for trump, some will but not enough I just hope they don’t hear it

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The House would never accept it. And the dissents from Roberts and the liberals would be the clearest sign the court needs help. But I don’t see Gorsuch going for it.

I doubt they even take it up. If they do, they have risked ticking off the incoming President who had said he wasn’t a fan of court packing but would look at other options. If they start hostile to him, they should expect a response from the Democrats. Likely a Bernie idea of rotating them.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The court needs some major changes. Anything to take power away from so few

21. keynote23

keynote23 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 26, 2006
    Any justice who sides with Trump in such a case should be derided as a hopelessly partisan stain/lapdog on the court and removed from the bench by any means necessary.

22. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Ahhh.... justice.

23. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well look at it this way. if they throw everything into chaos and trump's term ends on january 20th

i would suppose the speaker of the house becomes president [face_laugh]

24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Prediction: if it reaches SCOTUS, they'll dismiss without comment.

Why? Because they still want the path open, but it's clear that the traditional conservatives are tired of Trump's antics and just want him out of office. They already got most of what they wanted from the Trump Administration - i.e. a slew of unqualified judges, including three Supreme Court justices, to legislate from the bench. Better to focus on getting the House in 2022 and the Presidency back in 2024.

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, I think four of the Justices have to vote to even take up a case and I don't think they have even those four votes. Not if they're smart. Roberts doesn't want it to come before them. Barrett probably doesn't either; I mean, she shouldn't. Anyway, at least two out of the three Trump Justices would need to vote to take it up to get Alito and Thomas up to their needed four and I don't expect that to happen.