main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    UK workers that are laid off should be getting redundancy pay. (Amount depends on salary and length of service.) Workers in other EU countries should also get compensation. Not sure what US workers could expect - it's been some time since I worked there.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Among other things. "Starting over" is a stressful, expensive process that only the most simple-minded "conservatives" would throw up as some kind of gift from Mr. Trump in this context.

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You just reminded me of this:
    [​IMG]
    Cheers.

4. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    It seemed you didn't mind the "starting over" speech when Obama was telling everyone who was losing their jobs to oversea competition the same thing. Don't worry about the jobs that aren't coming back, re-train yourself in new tech jobs was the motto I remember. I guess Obama was simpleminded.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    you really do amount to a "no u" bot.

i lost my job during the obama administration, and i had to fight to start over. before you claim that I "didn't mind" (a claim that you 100% made up, to suit whatever warped ideology you're trying to fit into) about people losing their jobs in another poor attempt at wit, plz consider posting nothing. thx.

6. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    And you amount to everything is Trump's fault like everyone else here.

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Can we change the title of this thread to indicate that bob and heels are currently arguing?

SuperWatto and PCCViking like this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i don't object to the proposal, but strongly to the implication that bob "argues" anything.

9. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    It's hard to talk with the hardliners in here about anything.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_tee_hee]

11. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    I stand corrected, this thread is filled with opened-minded people who don't judge anybody who supports Trump [face_rofl]

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Honestly, by now there's nothing to be open-minded about. People who still support Trump after his many, many failures, crimes and incredibly racist and sexist statements and actions should be judged. We didn't make you guys support a crappy businessman who (surprise surprise) turned out to be an even crappier politician, so don't put that on us.

13. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    So what is the point of this thread then? Just change the name to "Trump haters thread" and be honest about what this is,because I guess there is no room for discussion about Trump anymore.

14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    But are you open minded to the idea that you support a rapist who publicly lusts after his daughter and privately brags about sexually assaulting women, who campaigned on a white nationalist racist ticket, who pardoned a concentration camp running bigot and supported a paedophile, who split up families and put children in cages, and who wants to build a vanity wall to fulfil a promise in a campaign he never expected to win?

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    There's more to US politics than just Trump.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    like housing and urban development secretary, dr ben carson

17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Robert, you've never been interested in 'discussing' Trump. At best you come up with the weakest of criticisms - I believe the most terrible thing you've ever said about him was that he "cheats at golf" - to pretend you have objectivity. When it becomes clear that no one is buying it, you complain that no one wants to 'discuss'.
    People here 'discuss' all the time. People here disagree all the time. Maybe pull back from trying to 'own the libs' and actually participate? Just a thought.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Wasn't Leto II a master strategist and long term brilliant genius?

Lordban likes this.
  19. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Wrong, I strongly disagree with him on gun control.

20. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Look in the mirror, bro. Look in the mirror.

Or, to quote Benjamin Franklin, "Wipe your finger before you point it at me".

Wasn't Leto II a master strategist and long term brilliant genius?

Depends on whether or not you think The Golden Path was the correct one :p.

Jedi Merkurian , V-2 and Outsourced like this.
  21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It honestly figures that you'd disagree with him on the one issue where he's actually going in a good direction.

22. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    does he want to outlaw all assault weapons? Because that is my position. Only hunting rifles and small hand guns should be sold to the public.

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You "strongly" disagree? How exactly do you "strongly" disagree?

24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Alright, I... actually agree with that point. Honestly, I thought you'd go the exact opposite direction. My bad for making an assumption like that.

25. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I'll say something I agree with Trump on:

1. Taking on big pharma to lower prices on medicine
    2. Standing up to China on trade and technology

Here's the problem: even if these are good ideas, most of us figure this will be bad for the USA, because those people implementing these ideas will be Donald Friggin Trump and his administration. Id rather suffer and wait for someone better than have that a-hole ruin something good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.