main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    "Trump haters thread" would be accurate.
    No, in fact it's 100% discussion about Trump. That's why you're suggesting the title change, silly.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The stance on taking on Big Pharma is the issue I agree with him on. That, and letting transgender people use the bathroom of the gender they identify as (assuming he still believes that, given that he’s worked against them on other issues) and letting the Afghan robotics team compete in the US after their visas were denied.

But as far as jobs—I won’t believe that Trump or anyone else, politician or business person, Republican or Democrat, is a “job creator” until his or her “new jobs” pay a living wage and have benefits.

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Look Trump is a horrible horrible man.

He is massively corrupt
    He is an appalling business man
    He is a horrible human being
    He deserves to be removed from office

Trump is rarely correct and when he is it is typically as a result of a lucky mistake, being lead into a position by someone else or in VERY rare scenarios actually having a decent view himself.

Global Warming - wrong

Global economics - wrong

Domestic economics - wrong

Alabama's abortion bill - surprisingly reasonable

Gun laws - depends on where his funds come from but has varied from reasonableish to awful.

So yes, we can speak about Trump but we will be honest in our appraisal.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    juday, SuperWatto, Jedi Ben and 3 others like this.
  4. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    Trump also has the maturity of a spoiled five-year-old

juday, TCF-1138 , FatBurt and 2 others like this.
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That is painful. The look on his face as he quietly ventures "Real estate?" is gut-wrenching. He honestly looks like a third grader getting called on in class with a question he doesn't know the answer to. Yikes.

Also, I'd just like to say that the fact that bob and Outsourced actually had a moment of agreeing on something on the last page genuinely warmed my heart. I'm not even being sarcastic.

6. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    The bigger issue is the Trump stance against China should have been taken by George H. W. Bush or by Bill Clinton. China never hid they'd take advantage of the short-termis approach of western capitalism and the US debt-dependency to grow past the USA, and those who were in place when making rulings against it could have made a difference didn't bother responding to then's "we're going to eat you and you're going to serve yourselves up to us on a platter" statement. You don't wait until you're inside the belly of the beast to start fighting, even if a band of self-interested idiots tell us it's good for them to let yourself get swallowed.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The problem is that his approach to China is motivated by two things: his personal theories and his greed. His obsession with using tariffs has dated back to the 80s; but as predicted, China has already switched to alternate sources for goods where they can and aren't coming back - soybeans exports, for example, will never recover. He made it clear that he doesn't even understand how tariffs work, not that it will cost him votes because his followers don't either.

juday, Nobody145, CT-867-5309 and 5 others like this.
  8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah, I generally believe that if you still support Trump by now that you enjoy his cruelty and wish to see more. He's not a good person by any measure of the word and he's got horrible policies. So, yeah, you must be a self-loathing American.

Tariffs, great word. I like tariffs. Tariffs are good. They make us strong. BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN TREATED VERY UNFAIR!

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  9. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    One doesn't have to be. Blindness suffices.

(Working for the FSB works too ;) )

10. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I doubt anyone could be that blind when the guy's awfulness is like a guy teabagging you. It's pretty obvious what's happening. So Trump voters must like ye olde beanbag on their face.

11. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    That's the thing, they really don't see the guy teabagging them. However, they get told it's a different guy, and buy it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    lol I can see that, "Nah bro, that's Chris Evans doing the teabagging, bro."

13. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    So McGahn missed his date with Congress, now they're calling for Hope Hicks, executive privilege over a document that's already been released and a judge ordered some redacted parts to be revealed. Talk is growing about impeachment. My guess is it happens before the year is out.

14. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    That would be the biggest mistake that could happen.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Trump throws another tantrum, and storms out of an infrastructure meeting in a not-at-all pre-planned "storming out" followed by an immediate press conference .

Edit: I can't believe it, but this was another Trump-declared Infrastructure Week.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Our news is speculating on how much longer Theresa May will be PM.

17. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    With a podium that looks like this:

Well, as much as she's be savaged...I'd say at least 3 more months. Seriously, I get the whole 'British stiff upper lip' kinda thing, but at this point she's basically visiting a BDSM chamber every time she appears before parliament.

blackmyron likes this.
  18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    NY State Assembly passed the bill to send an elected officials state tax returns of requested by one of the committees for legitimate legislative purposes. Translation: Congress is getting Trump’s state tax returns.

Now goes to Cuomo to be signed into law.

19. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Rew likes this.
  20. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    PRESIDENTIAL HARRASSMENT!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Relax Don. Its just “locker room talk”

Though I do hope that once the taxes are out, the House committees move on him like a *****

22. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    =D=

Seriously! The jobs conversation is useless unless it is framed in this way.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  24. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    VadersLaMent likes this.
  25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.