main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm guessing that Trump plans to stall any sort of legislation as a tactic for re-election to:
    A) blame the Democrats for nothing getting passed and
    B) take the credit for 'doing things' if only he had been allowed to do so.

I've read articles where Republican Senators are grumbling about it, but other than begging Trump to try to have a functioning government, they aren't doing a damn thing.

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Infrastructure Weak?

In before Trump's office explains the Democrats stole all four years of his first mandate from under him and it therefore starts on Jan 21, 2021, and he stays until the end of his second mandate eight years later. No elections necessary.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    When some right wing news caster speaks, they know they are lying. Many politicians are the same, they don;t actually believe their own silliness.

It appears the Proud Boys are true believers

Oh and they premeditate their violence.

“We’ll grow this group of patriots and we’ll never back down,” wrote the event’s organizer, Proud Boys member Alan Swinney, in the private chat messages. “If we win, it will make more patriots come to the next rally. We just need to go there and we’ll beat them. We’ll have enough to crush them at some point.”

“All I want to do is smash commies too. Actually I’m lying, I’m way past just hitting them. When the time comes I will stop at nothing to fully eradicate them all!”

McInnes created a set of rules by which his gang members could gain clout in the organization, which include forgoing masturbation, getting a Proud Boy tattoo and fighting in the name of the gang.

“I advise all of you to only speak in terms of self-defense and never speak of premeditated violence,” wrote a man who identified himself as Kyle “Based Stickman” Chapman, an extremist who has previously been convicted of violent felonies and is known for his attacks at rallies and repeated parole violations, among other crimes.

He added: “I could be liable for what happens in Providence. So please stop making it easy for these people to prosecute us by putting threats of violence in writing that can be used against us later.”

4. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Wonder where I have seen all that before [face_thinking]

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Maybe it’s just the literature geek in me, but when I read, “Presidential harassment,” it makes it sound like he’s harassing congress. Or even us. Not that congress is harassing him in which case the accurate term is Congressional harassment!

juday likes this.
  6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You're expecting Captain Covfefe to know this?

If Trump is a big brained boffin who means everything he says, like he claims he is, I'm still waiting for him to get "unpresidented," like he promised us all he would be in December 2016.

7. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    True. And Proud Boys sounds more like a pedophile group rather than fascist incels.

Seriously, no masturbation? Not that these people were going to have sex anyway, but at least give ‘em a release valve.

8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Oh hey, the Proud Boys. We should try and get our own Proud Boy Symathizer in here to talk about them, as he seems intimately familiar.

@AutumnLight91

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    "mostly good American guys," lol

unlikely that one's ever going away

10. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I wonder what they're proud of?

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Well, they don't want their members to be happy at all, even momentarily. Gotta keep rage up 24/7.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    protecting the world from the evil anti-fascist sentiments of ANTEEEFER

13. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    @Outsourced I read the article.

It's what I feared. I can't say that's surprising as it's what its devolved into but it is sad. It's one thing to go to a rally and if antifa shows up you have to defend yourself, but this just going out and wanting to cause harm just makes it seem now its gangs of new york fighting for territory. Once they're gone then what? Replace them?

[​IMG]

I don't support antifa at all. Yeah that group should be gone. But its come to the point where I don't like the right wing version either.

14. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    "Devolved into"

Lol

juday, Abadacus, TCF-1138 and 10 others like this.
  15. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    They weren't going anywhere else but where they are.

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    They didn't "become" this way. They were always violent fascists, Arlol.

juday, Abadacus, Nobody145 and 10 others like this.
  17. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    But the proud boys and the other participants of Unite the Right were just a peaceful retaliation to the left! Never mind the eagle standard of the third Reich being used on the official poster for the event, they are totally not Nazis!

[​IMG]

Totally not white supremacists or Nazis!

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    juday, Abadacus, Nobody145 and 8 others like this.
  18. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    That's the old "we need united control of Washington to get things done" argument. The defense to that in 2020 is "they had complete control for two years and have only managed to hurt people".

Health care is the one issue the Democrats can jam the GOP up on. Donald "I won't give you my plan unless you re-elect me" Trump will end up changing his tune on that, methinks. The ACA lawsuit really is a wildcard. Does anybody know which circuit court is going to hear it? If it's the Fifth Circuit, they may very well end up going the same route they did with the Louisiana abortion clinic law, ie "We're going to ignore stare decisis and strike this down because we think that's what the Supreme Court is going to do."

And it might actually work. Chief Justice Robert's opinion upholding the ACA was based entirely on Congress's ability to classify the individual mandate under the power to tax. Now that the legislature has repealed it, he may pick another area of law entirely to strike it down. I doubt that will happen given the shrewd political nature of his rulings, but no-one can say for sure.

I'm sure Trump will happily gloat on Twitter about 24 million people being kicked off their insurance. The Best President. The Bestest.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  19. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Pelosi now escalating her mind games with Donald, calling on his family and staff to stage an intervention, and asking that maybe he needs to take a leave of absence. He must be flipping out. I love it. And she's right too. A permanent leave of absence.

20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It's not a bug, it's a feature

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Just like Hillary, she knows she is living rent free in his head. And this is why I want Warren as the Democratic nominee. We see how powerful women get inside his head and drive him nuts. Sure, Joe bugs him too, but Warren would probably push him over the edge.

Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  22. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    WAD?

23. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
  24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    So he wants 10% of the vote?

darth-sinister and heels1785 like this.
  25. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    What's his platform? Vote for Daddy's right to cheat the IRS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.