main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    The host has wide latitude in inviting guests. So I expect Putin, Erdoğan, MBS, Duterte and Kim to be invited as guests by Trump.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Was Rudy working as Trump's personal attorney or for the State Department, and was he conducting affairs of state or trying to further Trump's presidential campaign, and was what he was doing legal or illegal, to which Trump replies, "what's the difference?"

3. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Oh boy.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/mick-mulvaney-acknowledges-quid-pro-quo.html

The acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney admitted on Thursday that President Donald Trump withheld foreign aid in order to get Ukraine’s help in the U.S. election.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” Mulvaney responded when ABC News reporter Jon Karl pointed out that withholding funding from Ukraine “unless the investigation into the Democrats’ server happens” is a “quid pro quo.”

“Get over it,” he added later. “There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy. ... That is going to happen. Elections have consequences.”

4. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    There you have it. Reelecting Trump is in the vital national security interests of the United States, so quid pro quo to benefit Trump's reelection campaign is a legitimate tactic to further our security interests through foreign policy. Of course! In legal quarters this is known as the "Rudy's going to federal prison" defense. Maybe Rudy can work out a deal that is good if he decides not to be a tough guy or a fool.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Nobody under 50 will get Social Security

Luke02 likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Seriously, none of us are planning on it. We were told the boomers would eat that money up when we were in grade school. I'm fine with it, because I've always been told that the money would be gone. You know if the Earth doesn't melt down before I'm old enough to collect. In which case it wouldn't matter anyway. So spend that money and enjoy, mom and dad!

7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    That is there end game @JEDI-RISING. They want to bankrupt the government so they can get rid of all "entitlement programs". As one my buddy puts it,watching people suffer puts a smile to their face. Sociopaths.

And Mitt Romney is up to something. I don't know if it's him finally gaining a backbone or just being smelly blood in the water with DJT but he certainly up to something.

Edit: Rush Limbaugh is on the radio right now screaming, "Don't believe everything you hear in the media". So Rush is now asking his listeners to not believe what Mick already told us. And it will work somehow. :(

8. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    There was no “quid pro quo" regarding Biden.

9. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    They’ll be in the main house. Western leaders will be relegated to the guest hut.

10. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    If that happened in a single conversation, I'm not sure how you can jump to that conclusion J-Rod. Seems to me one conversation covered both issues of investigation, and how would the poor Ukranians be able to tell which part was quid pro quo and which wasn't.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh! There you are, Perry!

“Secretary of Energy Rick Perry plans to leave his position at the end of the year, President Trump confirmed to reporters Thursday in Fort Worth, Texas.”

12. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Yes or no: if Obama or Clinton did any of this, would it be okay?

13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    Trump today said the kurds needed 'to be cleaned out'
    now ethnic cleansing in the white house

Bor Mullet, Revyl Ren, MrZAP and 4 others like this.
  14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    also, if there had been a more suitable venue for the G7 summit, of course Trump would have chosen that instead, but no resort in history has ever been more suitable for a summit. This one was perfectly designed to host summits. You think the president should force the summit into an inferior venue merely to avoid profiting from it? And let's be clear, if you're not going to profit from being president, what exactly is the point?

15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Mick Mulvaney is now trying to walk it back. Hate to tell Mick this but this isn't like trying to rescind your impeachments talking points email to the Democrats.....wait this is exactly like that.

16. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    This blood is on the hands of Trump and every member of his cult. And don't think for a second they wouldn't do it to any or all of us. They'll do whatever Trump says to do. He is their God.

17. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
  18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Right on cue.

Did you finish arranging the deck chairs already?

19. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    So, Rick Perry resigned, which is somewhat amusing, considering that he implied that he would quit before the year was over. Instead, he wanted to jump ship. Lots of people are abandoning and/or turning on Trump. Not surprising.

21. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    well Trump did throw him under the bus and blame him for the Ukraine call. no idea why anyone wanted to serve under him. not enough income to make up for legal bills and possible jail time.

22. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yoda's_Roomate and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So very very much this.

appleseed likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Doesn't matter (and there's plenty of evidence that there was). Mulvaney admitted to a quid pro quo regarding getting a foreign government to investigate the DNC. That's also illegal.

Not to mention that there's no need for a quid pro quo for it to be illegal. All you have to do is ask a foreign government to interfere in an election matter, and mean it. Which his follow-up through a number of staffers and stooges shows.

I've been getting text messages from a Special Forces friend of mine for the past few weeks. The first one on the day of the whistle-blower reveal, the one the day Trump betrayed the Kurds and handed the region to Russia, and the one today, simply said: Yup, he's a traitor.

Sorry, Orange Kylo, it's not just the Bernie Bros or the Squad that want you gone now. Even most of the military thinks you're a vital threat to national security.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Wow. I know people who were part of the teams that went into Syria to take chemical weapons away from the Assad regime, and multiple officials in that government fully acknowledge that they've used chemical weapons on people they deem "terrorists." Are you seriously here spreading obvious Russian propaganda, based on one engineer among many saying he wasn't so sure about this one canister being dropped by a plane? And let's say someone placed it there. Where do you think it came from? The OPCW definitely should have handled that minority report differently, as they have handed Russia and Assad an unearned propaganda victory. But that doesn't mean we believe Russia and Assad's obvious BS claims here.

Sorry, but I think I'll go with Human Rights Watch on this one. A tad more credible than governments run by murderers:

Mattis was 4-star General. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.