main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    What's more likely: Articles of Impeachment being drafted or Rise of Skywalker sucking?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    BTW, did the weight of us talking about Trump's impending Impeachment break the boards for the last couple of hours?

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I was wondering that also [face_thinking]

4. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    i was wondering that if it was just me lol

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    (Its really annoying when I try to post something and then the board crashes.)

Even if you believe in conservative ideals, it strikes me as... delusional to ever give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Trump has never been a good person and none of his conduct in office (much less the rest of his scandal-ridden life) clashes with that image, yet his followers always act like he's some innocent victim. Well, I guess they like their sense of shared victimization rather than living in an objective reality.

More White House people could testify or bring in proof to show Trump wasn't extorting Ukraine if they want to. Except for the minor inconvenience that Trump was extorting Ukraine, which is why they're burying the evidence as much as they can. The bigger problem is that at least 40% of the country don't mind ignoring the rules as long as they win and that's a problem that goes beyond Trump.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Rew, Healer_Leona , Revyl Ren and 2 others like this.
  6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Also...

appleseed, juday, Revyl Ren and 8 others like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  8. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    All they care is about them being in power and doing things their way. Even if some of them don't know it, Republicans have become advocates for a fascist type of government.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    They will continue trying to get away with everything and anything as long as the American people don't wake up and smell the coffee, summarily vote them out of office.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The turning point would be if Kentucky actually ditched Mitch. If Mitch “may he die soon and burn in Hell forever” McConnell was actually defeated by Amy McGrath, it would be the wake up call Republicans need. The minute he is rebuked, everything changes. As long as that man retains a stranglehold over his electorate, others are emboldened to follow his path.

11. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Johnson's impeachment established that the bar for what a president can be impeached for as being pretty low. One of the articles against him was essentially for using coarse and inflammatory language to publicly smear and demean the reputation Congress.

Jedi Merkurian and Luke02 like this.
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The Founding Fathers mostly knew what they were doing, and on top of that there's the 25th amendment.
    But neither the Founding Fathers nor the writers of the 25th amendment could have foreseen a party as corrupt as today's GOP or a president as venal, unfit, treasonous and thoroughly corrupt as that filthy crook who defiles the office of the presidency.

13. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Unless the administration reverses course over allowing specific individuals to testify and release certain documents there's going to be articles for Contempt of Congress or obstruction, just as there were for Nixon had he not resigned. That much is clear after today. The Senate Republicans won't remove him from office for it, but he'll be impeached for it unless he caves.

14. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    Here's the problem: "Whataboutism" is relevant.

It just is.

We had a Republican from MN supporting traditional values. Then he got caught toe tapping under an airport bathroom stall. You guys were dismissed him and his platform from that point on using "whataboutism." Because it was relevant.

So here is the fact: You cannot be upset over Trump's fictional Russian conspiracy if you are not equally appalled by the DNC's actual Russian conspiracy. You cannot support the DNC, who paid $8 million dollars while pretending to be consider Trump a traitor for the same thing and expect correctly thinking people to give you any credibility at all.

You become Larry Craig.

robert martins likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So you can’t defend Trump’s behavior on its own merits then. Got it. That’s exactly what I thought.

Attempting to dictate to strangers that we must get your personal permission to be bothered isn’t going to work. We’ll be bothered by whatever the hell we feel like being bothered by, whether you like it or not. You are not, and will not be, the arbitrator of our values, and given that you support Trump, I would never allow you to be the arbitrator of mine. “Correctly thinking people” do not support Trump, so if Trump supporters do not “give me credibility,” I am good with that.

Straight out of Trump’s playbook for Trump supporters to try to dictate the terms under which Trump is “allowed” to be criticized though. Or to do a prid pro quo on the criticism. “Before you criticize Trump, I need you to criticize this person first.”

Then again you’re mistaking us for fans of the DNC so I’m not sure who you are addressing exactly.

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    How can we know what is in Trump's head? It's like they took Lennie from Of Mice and Men and made him a president.

I look forward to the DNC losing. They are desperate for an establishment candidate. Deval Patrick came out in favor of superpacks and corruption. What a concept.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    It is only relevant if what you want to do is justify the actions of your guy with the actions of others.

Basically its saying "its OK to do this bad thing because other people did it too". Its about as childish as you can get, and hypocritical too. Difference between the Dems and the GOP is that more often than not, the Dems actually make their people suffer the consequences of their actions, like say Al Franken. No one here wants the Clintons anymore. They're toxic, to say the very least.

You people, on the other hand, defend pedophiles and racists, like Roy Moore and Joe Arpaio. You welcome them back into the fold, and you defend them tooth and nail, until the very end, and make excuses for them at every turn.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Yoda's_Roomate

Deny
    Attack
    Reverse
    Victim
    Offend

[​IMG]

It really is Scientology 101. Blame the messenger, not the message. Attack them on a personal level where nothing is too low.

As one author noted yesterday we become a kakistocracy. We truly have the system of government that is run by the least qualified and our worst possible citizens. Something has to give soon. We simply cannot afford to continue going down the path we are.

19. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m not American and I still don’t have a great idea of who will end up the 2020 nominee but I am consistently blown away by how lucid and whip smart Pete Buttigieg is when I hear him. I didn’t watch the debate but ended up hearing that he was one of the so called winners last night again and so I watched this clip.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a politician so free of verbal ticks or utterances or ums and ahhs stall tactics to allow their brain to catch up and process a response. This guy always seems to have a thoughtful response to everything that he delivers with ease like he’s reading off a teleprompter. Its like he has 50gb of RAM and everyone else on stage needs time to buffer. It’s mind-blowing how sharp he is but it also makes sense when you hear about his background and awards and eduction and his multiple talents across multiple areas.

One of the things I hate about this process in America as an outsider is why more Presidential nominees don’t end up courting some from the primaries to become their running mates. It feels like it never happens! Maybe it does and I’m just an outsider who missed the instance but it feels like it’s rare if it happens at all. If this guy isn’t a Presidential candidate doesn’t he seem ideal to be someone’s VP? It seems so weird to me that they go through this big process where their name recognition grows and they don’t just decide to maximize that to build power tickets together. Is it just ego?

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure, he's certainly sharp and well-spoken, but his policy ideas are just... not good. He's a centrist/right-winger and far from what the US needs if they wish to join the rest of the developed world on basic issues such as healthcare.

Abadacus likes this.
  21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What's the use of being "smart" if you have no ideas to challenge the status quo?

22. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Here are the original 3 impeachment amigos.
    Did we really need a sequel with a new cast starring Schiff, Pelosi and the whistle blower?
    Don't we get enough horrible sequels from Hollywood?

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Damn, you are really worried.

24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    "“I refuse to be part of an effort to legitimize an alternative narrative that the Ukrainian government is a U.S. adversary, and that Ukraine—not Russia—attacked us in 2016.” - Fiona Hill

She did not come today to play. Neither did Holmes. They are exposing just how much of a hold the alt right insanity has on the Trump administration. They truly are trying to push the narrative that the Ukraine broke into the DNC server in order to "help" Hillary Clinton and then made it look like Russia did it which defies in the face of everything plausible including what every single intelligence committee has said, what the Mueller Report said (which MAGA love to say exonerated which it did't literally) and what the senate bi-partisan report said.

To me this is more important then anything else that comes out of the impeachment inquiry. The American people need to have it shown down their throats that we have people in power who are pushing insane debunked conspiracy theories for their own benefit.....and Russia. After all, it was Putin who started the campaign that it was the Ukraine that meddle in our election, not Russia. And DJT believes him 1000% percent because he believes what he wants, not what reality is.

25. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m not American so I haven’t looked into Pete’s policies one bit. Just an outside observation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.