main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I didn't say that it should be renamed. You're the one who brought it up. But alright. If there are good alternatives, let's stop honoring a slave owner with the names of two continents.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

3. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    But Trump getting re-elected will be sweet revenge. It will be the silent majority giving the SJW culture the middle finger again.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still don’t understand why America loves Columbus. The guy didn’t even discover what is the US. It’s so ****ing stupid.

5. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    I find Italian -Americans are the ones who honor him the most, that's the case in RI anyway.

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    What is wrong with being "politically correct "?

Thats the question, I want an answer not your usual obfuscation.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT?

I'm off to bed now as I'm British and its after midnight but I'll check back in around 18 hours.

I want a reason why being politically correct is a bad thing, why you have such an issue with it.

Take your time, I'm giving you till 6pm my time, that's 3/4 of a day from now, I'm sure you can articulate your feelings and belief in that time.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Dude, Trump supporters are anything but silent.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Gonna be honest I hate the term "politically correct." It essentially means that something isn't actually correct it's just the political thing to say. That's some 1984 garbage. No, being accepting of others isn't politically correct. Not being racist or sexist or bigoted isn't being politically correct. It's just....being correct. You know what is being politically correct? When you think someone for their service, that's being politically correct. When you unflinchingly support anything your country does, that's being politically correct. Because it's not actually correct to be or do those things.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Trump might win again. And this time it won’t be because he ran against Hillary Clinton or because she didn’t take the concerns of rural America seriously, or due to there being enough third party voters to give Trump the Electoral College.

It will be because there are more white nationalists who hate science in this country than there are decent intelligent human beings. If that makes you proud, @robert martins , then own it.

I will happily own being a warrior for social justice. In fact I would be offended if anyone thought I weren’t a warrior for social justice, given that I work very hard to be just that.

10. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    And silent “majority” wasn’t even a majority last time. They lost by millions in the poplar vote.

11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, this is something that Trump voters tend to forget as well. Just because Trump won the election didn't mean he was the most popular candidate. Clearly he wasn't.
    What are your thoughts on that, @robert martins?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The dude regurgitates talking points so his response is predictable. He's going to say there were millions of cases of voter fraud.

13. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Its the reason why they are so determined to play up election fraud. They know they’re not a majority. They have to cheat and supress the vote any way they can.

Edit: and voter fraud is typically committed by ...republicans.

14. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    he won the most states, so that is why he is President of the United States. Simple

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure. Still not a representative of the majority though.

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Glad to see you admit he doesn't represent a majority of Americans, starbob. He never has, and never will.

17. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    it's Representative of the will of the majority of states, which is the way a president should be elected.

18. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Electoral college does not equal a majority of voters. Trump won fair and square. But not a majority of voters.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Still not the majority of the people.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What about all the illegal votes! :p

You don’t win by winning the most states. What are you even talking about? You win by winning the electoral college. Which he did. He needed to win in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas. Which he did. He did not need to win a majority of states.

21. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    When America is one big state then it should be the will of the people, until then Small states have the same right to decide who is President as the big states.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Except that isn't how it works - not only was the creation of states a wholly arbitrary process, but you support the disenfranchising of millions of people because your racist buddies are too scared of Hispanics and African-Americans. What was it about something involving taxation, and representation?

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Still not the majority of the people which is what you were talking about when you mentioned "the silent majority".

24. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Probably anyone not white and male is suspect as illegally voting.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's not the will of the people until it's the will of the people.

If they're so silent, why do their votes count more than mine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.