main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    So its primary day in Puerto Rico. And to say that chaos has erupted is to put it mildly.

I'll just leave this here. Ask any questions you want. I'll try to answer them.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Of course.

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I saw the news about that.
    The Republicans are writhing in ecstasy over the idea that they can make it happen all across the US.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    From that list, I think the "woman of color" demands will ultimately eliminate Whitmer, Warren, and Duckworth from being selected.

(yes, I am aware, and there's an intentional point I'm making)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Ebay sellers didn't waste a second.... :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Yoda's_Roomate likes this.
  6. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    *Moved over from the COVID thread*

Two things:

1) They’re already conducting a politically-motivated investigation into Biden
    2) The answer to an ‘October Suprise’ is simple: Democrats read the Russian election interference report on the House floor in front of the cameras. As I previously stated, they’d be shielded from prosecution by the Speech and Debate clause of the Constitution.

In ordinary times, an investigation such as the one into Hunter Biden could be very damaging to his father. However, since Bill Barr has made it so blatantly obvious that he is a political operative for Trump and has so badly politicized the Department of Justice, any new ‘findings’ in late October will likely be met with extreme skepticism. The Fox News crowd will holler and scream, but their voters aren’t the ones that need to be convinced.

This time around, that won’t work.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    People are just stunned and angry. Multiple lawsuits are being filed. It is pandemonium. Nothing like this has ever happened. The President of the State Elections Commission, the guy in charge of this s show, says he will not resign, that it wasnt his fault. Meanwhile everyone is blaming him.

Some suspect the Governor and the President of the Senate are trying to rig it so she wins, because they know the Governor is losing to her challenger in party's internal polls, apparently by a lot. Truth is no one knows, and everyone will end up saying no one knows what happened and its no one's fault. Typical.

It is expected that Mr. Pedro Pierluisi, former AG, will beat the Governor, to run against any of the 3 candidates in the opposition party's primary, and that race is a total toss up, no one really knows who's gonna win there.

The primary is expected to resume next weekend. It will probably be decided by the courts if its a complete do-over, or if the votes of the people that were actually able to vote will be counted. The Greater San Juan Metropolitan Area had no problems (I voted and had zero problems, in and out in about 20 minutes), it was the rest of the island.

We still use paper ballots. Of the 110 voting precincts on the island, 61 did not receive their ballots. Unreal.

8. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I feel like I’m reading future headlines from USA. Where like only the south has ballots sent to them. Maybe a few less populous liberal states to make it “look better”. Ballot printing is probably done in each state or county though...

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, the electoral college will foil that

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  10. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I guess Ben Shapiro has switched sides? Why does the thought of that give me more indigestion than Ben Shapiro does generally?

11. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    It’s more like since “antifa” as an organization doesn’t actually exist, the grifters are making fake websites to pretend otherwise.

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
  13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    "Signing them like...butter"

butter.

SuperWatto likes this.
  14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    this goes right along with the russians and their fake accounts all over the place.

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

He's giving states the option to determine who gets what. Thus, he's favoring those callous ones the most.

16. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Its just so great that he mocks Joe Biden for being out of it, and then he says stuff like this. Pot, kettle, etc.

17. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    That's not very nice for the 1917 generation of conscripts.

18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Better hope it doesn't work. How many people know what a Bill Barr is?

19. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Did Bill Barr issue a Barr Bill?

Vaderize03 likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm guessing he meant WW1 in in history rewrite?

21. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Trump being Trump I bet he doubles down and says WWII again.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Trump might just literally think WWII was in 1917, considering he has no idea about Pearl Harbor. Of course, as far as Trump is concerned pre-Trump history only consisted of losers, although he usually includes that odd "except maybe for Lincoln" qualifier.

I wonder how long until they announce Trump's attempt to outdo Lincoln's Gettysburg address.

23. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    “It’ll be the best address since the Gettysburg one. Lincoln himself could only dream of having such high ratings. Millions more people tuned into my Gettysburg address than Lincoln’s—we have the ratings right here!”

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  24. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    I know he was considering it. Has he decided on Gettysburg or is he still considering doing the speech from the WH?

25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    On one hand, he wants to 'beat Lincoln at his own game' by speaking at the famous Revolutionary War battleground of Gettysburg, on the other hand, his bunker is within easy reach at the White House in case of a threatening incident, like a reporter asking a question he doesn't like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.