main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, Trump always wants to upstage Lincoln (like his Fox interview at the Lincoln Memorial) but he also likes having campaign events at the White House (since his lackeys can't guarantee big rallies crowds anymore). If I had to bet on one, I'd say the White House, more corrupt that way. Or he might just hold his coronation twice, like with his Fourth of July events at Rushmore and the White House.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    How much do you wanna bet Trump will want to shove this up the nation's collective ass? Putin will assure him it works, he always believes Putin, and he will spend a ridiculous amount of money buying doses from Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/world/europe/russia-coronavirus-vaccine.html

MOSCOW — A Russian health care regulator has become the first in the world to approve a vaccine for the coronavirus, President Vladimir V. Putin announced on Tuesday, though the vaccine has yet to complete clinical trials.

The Russian dash for a vaccine has already raised international concerns that Moscow is cutting corners on testing to score political and propaganda points.

Mr. Putin’s announcement came despite a caution last week from the World Health Organization that Russia should not stray from the usual methods of testing a vaccine for safety and effectiveness.

Mr. Putin’s announcement became essentially a claim of victory in the global race for a vaccine, something Russian officials have been telegraphing for several weeks now despite the absence of published information about any late-phase testing.

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/0...-are-underway-at-a-hotel-ballroom-in-delaware

Could be today. Waiting for Joe's VP announcement is like all those times we waited to find out when the SW trailers would drop lol.

I HOPE that the long decision period came from Joe researching every last minute detail about the various candidate's backgrounds. I hope it has nothing to do with his ability to make decisions in general.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    But see, the SW Trailers actually were entertaining (even if the movie was ultimately disappointing for some).

This is just disappointment with more disappointment to come. It's like waiting for the trailer for CATS.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Luke02 likes this.
  5. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
  6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Can't do it. All us lazy workers might get used to free money. So says the dudes "working" 146 odds days a year for $200K.

7. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Finally

The largest union in the country is filing a grievance against the mail slowdown. I hope this works. And why the hell are none of the Democrats talking about removing the 75 year pension funding that caused all this?

9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
  10. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
  11. Lady Mary

Lady Mary Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2014
    hi, it's not prefunding our pensions, it's prefunding health benefits. Retired postal workers (me) don't have to go on medicare when we're 65. The punjishment for the Postal Service is that if they aren't going on medicare, they better put up the money ahead of time. The annual $5 billion the USPS must fork over to prepay future health care benefits for current and future workers.

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm happy. I know others have issues with her record. Yeah, she made mistakes. Haven't they all?

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  14. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    There's 'Mistakes'.

And then there's Harris's record. Does anyone really think that, in a time of civil unrest primarily due to police brutality, the best person for this role is a former prosecutor who went on to uphole wrongful convictions due to police misconduct and oppose judicial reform? Seriously?

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    hope newsom would move barbara lee into harris' senate seat for the remaining two years, in the event that they win. she'd be good there.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am so very Excited for this VP pick! I am a big fan of Kamala Harris I wanted her for President from the very beginning so this is the next best thing! This was a really smart pick if they win big deal for Women's Liberation and Kamala is a woman of color if they win the history books will forever be changed in a good way and she helps bring in the Black vote and Biden already brings in a big chunk of the black vote! This truly makes my day now we need a Yankees win tonight hopefully Clint Frazier is in the lineup!

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    leo, if 2020 hasn't sapped your enthusiasm yet, i am encouraged. stay strong, my friend. go yanks.

18. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Funny how black people voting for someone just because they are black is OK with everyone in the media, But if a white person votes for someone just because they are white, it is prejudice They are both equally wrong and prejudice.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Not many people around here would disagree that black people voting for someone just because they're black is stupid. Never mind that support for Harris among African-Americans... isn't strong.

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Funny how you always show up to throw a grenade and then run away without every being willing to defend your points. But if Trump does it, it's always right even when he condemned his predecessor for doing the same thing.

21. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    44 out of 45 presidents have been white my guy

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    My doctor put me on stronger Anxiety medication I am doing good! My family and I wear masks when we go out things aren't perfect I have been stressed for sure but I see a light at the end of the tunnel If Biden and now Kamala win! Thank you Heels my Friend Its been a while since I have been on due to stress. My loving and supportive family has been there for me and ASMR helps My favorite ASMR Scottish Murmurs! and it just so happens My mom did a DNA test with Ancestry.com amongst other things i have a good amount of Scottish and Welsh in me so i always liked Scottish accents!

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    you solely make drive-by posts and then run away?
    Bye, starbob.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    regardless if its a tactic the Democrats can use to win its smart. It worked with Obama! Its no different then the sheep that believe everything Trump says Trump says Jump off the Brooklyn Bridge or put cleaning products in our bodies or lights in our bodies or take chloroquine even though its killing people. so If I am gonna say what's the dumber thing to do vote for someone because they are black or listen to dangerous evil rhetoric from an evil president I am going with The Dems every time! I think Kamala has way more experience to be president then Trump and Kamala is way more Qualified then Trump this is less about race but a good tactic to win for the Democrats and Kamala like the Obama's is a down to earth person that seems like a person you could drink a beer with and talk a Real American a down to earth nice person not like some Trump Alien I am convinced Trump is an Alien,
    [​IMG]

25. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.