main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Maybe you should go back to your "George" schtick, this isn't working for you.
    I've just demonstrated that three Supreme Court justices, including the new one, are part of a hyperpartisan conservative organization devoted to getting the 'right' judges in lifetime positions where they can legislate from the bench. I've also demonstrated that three Supreme Court justices, including the new one, were involved with helping George Bush Jr. (not George Lopez, as you seem to think) win the presidency - oh, and with Barrett's mentor, Scalia, writing the decision that was so ******** that he claimed it "didn't set a precedent" despite Supreme Court decisions doing precisely that. Amy Barrett also said it was 'wrong' to replace a SC Justice with one that was ideologically on the other side because it would 'upset the balance of the Court'. And the best you can come up with is that RBG was mean to Trump?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Bob did you forget that some of trump’s biggest “supporters” now used to think he would destroy the country? Lindsay Graham thought and still probably does that trump would destroy this country. All of them were mean to Trump

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Gorsuch has not been completely awful, which is why Trump thinks the Supreme Court doesn’t like him (Trump).

Yodaminch and PCCViking like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If trump tries to blatantly steal the election I could see both him and Roberts not having it

5. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Roberts is a 'maybe' because he's obsessed with his legacy, but then again he was 100% for Bush's election theft - and much like Barrett, he was coy with his answers about something he was directly involved in.
    It's astonishing that as much as conservatives complain about Bork, that hearing has allowed them since then to make every ****ing conservative Supreme Court justice hearing a sham because they won't reveal their personal beliefs, and the Democrats have utterly failed because they haven't been able to find any sort of counter to some smug ass holding up a blank notepad.
    [​IMG]

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well we don't really have a choice now, do we? Or do we really want these partisan Republican loyalist hacks deciding elections for decades to come?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  7. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Let's not pretend the Pandora Box isn't open already. McConnell and the GOP have denied a past President a Justice pick on a pretext they just trampled ruthlessly when it became to their advantage to ignore their own former stance. The composition of the Court has been deliberately corrupted from the 5-4 it should have been had the GOP been honest and in case of a Democrat win, into the current 6-3. The Court needs to be 6-5 or 5-4 in order to hold the GOP to its own accounts. Changing the Constitution to remove Justices isn't going to happen in a hurry, so 6-5 it is, and a legislated ban from ever discussing a SC justice nomination in the six months or the year prior to a Presidential election, and no SC justice justice nomination being discussed again unless there are less than 9 sitting justices.

8. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    It's just the classic McConnell Defense - if they lose the Senate and the Presidency, McConnell will go back to his crocodile tears of "The Dumb-o-crats won't play fair!". I mean, it worked back in the Obama days, didn't it? And if you do what the Republicans did for the past decade, "your a HIPPOCRIT!" or whatever. **** that.
    They definitely need to take a page from McConnell and fill every ****ing empty judicial seat lightning-quick. They also need to start impeachments of the legion of unqualified judges that McConnell rammed through.

9. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    @robert martins Nothing about your posts here come from good faith. Stop posting in political threads.

10. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    [face_laugh]
    Oh, good one! Coming from a guy who worships a guy who is so deeply detached from any semblance of reality that he thinks there were airports during the Revolutionary War.

Please translate whatever your dear leader says here[face_laugh]

Trump supporters are so pathetic it’s almost pitiable. But I can’t help but laugh. If you ever break out of this cult and decide to join reality again, let us know.

11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    *Bad Trump voice* ""Now before George Washington led the Continental Army, he as in a baggage claimer. Tremendous baggage claimer, the best! And believe me I know baggage claimers, I used to own an airlines. Covfefe!"

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had forgotten about Revolutionary War airports. Now I need to go back and look up the hashtag, because it had some damn funny results, although not quite as good as Second Civil War letters.

13. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    That's just what Republicans do in general. They lie and cheat...and then, being the through-and-through scumbags that they are, they accuse Democrats of what they did themselves. This is a power grab, a massive distortion of reality, and it cannot be tolerated.

14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I miss Captain Andrew Luck's twitter account. That was some funny stuff! For anyone who never read it:

https://twitter.com/captandrewluck?lang=en

15. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    I'll post where I want. Don't like it put me on ignore or you can go cry to the mods to get me banned, either way I won' be losing any sleep whatever you decide.

MasterP likes this.
  16. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Stop posting here.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Gonna have to side with @robert martins something I never thought I would say. He should post where he wants. If he wants to share his political views so be it. You might not think he adds anything but so long as he isn’t breaking TOS he should be allowed to post where he wants.

18. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    He can say what he wants, but that doesn't mean what he says is true.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  19. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    He certainly adds something, but it isn't good for anyone, including himself.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Totally. The only person who thinks what he says is true is him 95% of the time. However so long as he isn’t breaking TOS let him say it.

you know the ignore feature exists. I know some think it’s taboo to use it, but if you really don’t like him slap him on the list.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    It's well within his rights to post, and it's well within my rights to tell him he is not welcome.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your not wrong. At least I don’t think you are anyway. It’s been years since I have read the TOS completely.

in the end this doesn’t really matter and I don’t know why I needed to defend Bob.

23. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Ignore feature is useless. It makes threads nonsensical and I can still see the product of his ****-posting. He is not welcome here not because of his political views, but because he only posts to get a rise out of people. I will continue to call him out for it as I see it.

Let me repeat: @robert martins: Stop posting here if you are not going to contribute anything in good faith. Leave. Log off. Get out. **** off.

Darth Weavile and Emperor Ferus like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No, it's not. That's against the rules.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    If he reads this exchange and subsequently conducts himself in a manner which is respectful to himself and fellow users at all times, I will likewise conduct myself in a manner which is respectful to myself and fellow users at all times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.