main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    ?

Vivec, have you watched this man?

They don't have fingers on buttons like Trump does.

V-2 likes this.
  2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Change is definitely coming. It's going to be hard to keep up with it in the next few weeks/months.

3. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

Maybe, it is just me......but I think being an open bigot is a bit of a bigger concern when it comes to running for a position that requires you to lead a very diverse population, then being a fat ass.

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Nothing is gained by you calling Trump voters bigots or stupid other than you feeling smug/self rightous. It changes zero minds. It's just you feeling superior.

5. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    The Seinfeld of political debate. Right now we discuss the important topic of
    [​IMG]

6. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    No, it's me being angry. Angry because your stupid (and/or bigoted) countrymen dared to choose a man that threatens the future and safety of my children.

V-2, Darth Nerdling, Pensivia and 4 others like this.
  7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Along with every other of the 740 million people living in the EU.

V-2, SpecForce Trooper and Lord Vivec like this.
  8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] I dont disagree but I just wonder at what point is the cutoff? Are you just saying you wish the populace hadn't voted for him or are you saying something should be done to rectify it? I never know here how far people are willing to go.

Rylo Ken, the EU is already on its way out. Trump didn't start it. Brexit was gas on the peddle. Germany and their smugness and mistreatment of the Southern members is reaping what they have sown.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Especially since the jab was directed at people who think it's OK to brag about grabbing women by the *****, joke about their menstrual cycles or call them sexist names.

Neither I nor anyone else should feel the need to apologize for referring to such people as ****heads, and certainly no one who does not believe it is OK to do those things, should take such comments personally. I'm surprised that anyone would come to the defense of such people at all, much less get upset with me about it.

V-2, Valairy Scot, starfish and 7 others like this.
  10. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Tracy gets it. Anybody who doesn't take Trump's (or Le Pen's, or Wilders') crap IS intellectually superior.

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

I should have been clearer.

My point about "disqualifying" is that Trump's open bigotry should have had made voters completely rejected him in the booth, but they ignored it and voted for him. I definitely don't think we should add tolerance as a qualification for the office, even bigots should have the opportunity to run for office.:p

12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Well we are talking about a President who called his election architect "baby" last night. I swore he was channeling Dean Martin. We are in a transitioning era of old and new. Trump is like that last old guard. I'm pretty sure his favorite performer is Sinatra. He is from the era of the quote "wham bam thank you ma'am" generation.

Game3525, ah okay. Yeah I'm with you. I personally am not for a "Fat test" as my own fat rear would likely be winded at the starting line. I am so out of shape right now.

Forget Trump. The real enemy is a country breakfast. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Well congrats on being angry! And welcome to the world of being fearful for the lives of your children, something the brown people Obama and Clinton bombed have been feeling for years. :)

Talos of Atmora and Darth Guy like this.
  14. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Sorry for raining on your parade

15. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Nah it's just cute watching some westerner freak out experiencing something those of us from the third world are well acquainted with,

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    That's more accurate. Obama droned and bombed the hell out of people. Yet, you talk of fear of Trump.

I am fearful too perhaps the most since the mid 80s. But, keep things in perspective man. Obama dropped over 50 thousand bombs on ME countries these last two years. And they didn't all hit just "evildoers".

17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Vivec, it's not a contest.

Shane, keep things in perspective? Are you serious? Do you realize what has just happened?
    2016 broke all temperature records, but the White House climate change website has been taken down.
    The last survivors of WWII are dying out, and Trump thinks Japan should have nukes.
    It's hard to overstate the significance of this. Get more scared than you were in the eighties. Or better yet - don't have kids.

18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It is when people like you act like everyone's children would be safe if Clinton were elected president. But hey, they're brown and worship funny, so what do you care, right?

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

anakinfan wasn't calling out any specific user. She was talking how if people voted for Trump because they wanted to make crude comments about women, then they are ****heads. And since she was speaking in general, there's no issue. Because, fun fact, moderators are allowed to have political opinions and are allowed to call people ****heads in a general manner.

20. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Too many broad sweeps for me to reply to seriously

EHT likes this.
  21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Mr "All tens of millions of people who voted for Trump are either bigots or stupid" is complaining about broad sweeps now?

Methinks it's more likely you know your position here is flawed and you've dug in too deep now to admit it.

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't really understand your point. I mean, what are you driving at with this? Trump was the right choice because, at least this way, everyone's children are in danger, so it's not racist?

23. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yeah and Trump's nominees for Interior and EPA both said they believe man made climate change is real.

So yeah, ratchet down the hysterics.

24. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015

I never said people had to excuse their Trump votes. You brought it up when you blamed liberals for people voting for Trump.

And I think we have already established that yes, I am 100% convinced that I am correct in my opinion that bigotry is wrong and deserves to be condemned.

So has Trump, other than the time he called it a hoax orchestrated by the Chinese. It's not what they say when they're being grilled by senators that matters. It's only what they do that matters.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  25. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah and they haven't done anything yet so calm down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.